Graphics tablets question

Graphics tablets question

glad I could help, I'll close the thread now.

Why do you own one?

I can't think of any other important ones.

I forgot to write the question

I'm thinking of buying one and wanted to ask which ones are good. And also if it's better to buy one with a screen which shows what your drawing or just a black surface.

Mods please purge this so OP can read the sticky and realise this isn't how you ask for consumer tech advice on Sup Forums

Buy wacom. Anything else is shit. If you can afford one with a screen then go for it.

Thank you.

Anything from Wacom. Just get one with a screen (usually Cintiqs) if you can afford it and is serious about using it. I own an Intuos Pro and use it for work just fine.

The cintiq is a little expensive for me right now, but the one of other wacom models will probably be my pick.

Wacoms have nibs that wear. New nibs are crazy expensive for being tiny plastic sticks.

All of their tablets are good. Some have less features that you probably won't ever use, like physical buttons and an 'eraser' side on the pen, so just get the one you can fit under your budget.

Don't listen to this retard. They do wear out, but they take a while and cost like $10 for a 5 pack on Amazon, or even cheaper for more on eBay or chink websites. I went through 4 of the cheap nibs with my old Bamboo with daily use for 2 years, but with my Intuos Pro they seem a bit more durable, and they come with lots of extras.

It's sad, but true. The only non-Wacom tablet i'd recommend is UC-Logic's Artisul D13. Some reviews say it's as good as or better than the Cintiq 13HD.

I was actually just looking at the bamboo one, it looks like a good one to try out drawing on.

I believe they changed their naming conventions, so the Bamboo tablets are now "smartpads" or whatever they call it. Get any of the regular Intuos, which should be a great place to start.

Yeah, I think the incuos are a new model or something.

>Don't listen to this retard.
>But listen to me, the certified Wacuck shill! Seriously, this is the only drawing tablet you should ever buy.

Seriously though, you can go to the nearest hardware store and get ten meters of the plastic sticks material for half the price.

Captcha: pics 1,3,6,9

Okay, do you have any tablets would recommend then?

I'm not saying the price is justifiable, but I am saying you are exaggerating on how fast they wear out, and that there are alternative cheaper options. While the Wacom ones are $10 for 5, you can instead pay $5 for $10 on AliExpress. Regardless, the tablets come with replacement nibs. The old Bamboos came with 4 IIRC, and the Intuos Pro comes with 10, with some of those being variants for different feels. That should last you AT LEAST a couple of years, considering you're using it every single day for 5+ hours. It's a non-issue.

Wacom is just glorified shit. Their digitizer technology is years behind, they dominate the market because of their inductive recharge pens.
I used a huion H610 pro for a year and it's great for the price. You just have to recharge the pen every couple weeks, and the chink driver acts up if you connect/disconnect multiple screens, but they're minor problems imho.

Fair enough, they've lasted long enough for you. Maybe you have a lighter hand. I think the pen shouldn't have a wearing part like this in the first place.

Show me what you can draw with those nibs.

My dick. It has 1024 pressure levels, nice grip and an eraser that makes drawings of your mom totally white again.

Yeah fuck off twat.

This
Wacom hands down has the best drivers and support.
Half the off-brand tablets are fucking rebrands, so good luck trying to find one with the latest support.

Wacoms are expensive as fuck, but you'll realize they're worth the extra money when you start getting jitter while you're inking on an off-brand tablet.

Fuck off you've obviously never used one.
Chink shit has the same problem that Wacom has except quality is even worse. Plus Wacom has the mag. pen patent so they are one of the only companies producing pens that don't require charging.
So go for Wacom if you're using this for serious work. They will last you 5 years - your lifetime as an artist. I've kept a Wacom Bamboo for 8 years now and despite water damaging the pen It still works almost as well as it did on day one.

You probably shouldn't buy a cintiq (the one with a screen) because they are expensive, the screen is actually shit and theres no real benefit to shilling out that money.
My recommendation is to by a Wacom Intuos Medium or Large. The medium is decently sized.

>fuck off
Meant to reply to this faggot

How's the linux support in those?

I'd say the reverse-engineered Wacom driver in Linux is better than the real one because you don't need to do anything and it supports anything from crusty old 90's Serial-port Intuoses to the newest cintiqs.

i use my wacom bamboo without any problem on debian

I was also considering buying a tablet, but one with a screen. Is Surface Studio a good idea? Compared to Microsoft's screen quality and deep blacks, Cintiqs look like old, dirty plexiglas with noticeable parallax. SS also has a higher resolution and 3:2, making 1 in on screen the same as IRL. And the price is almost the same.

>Fuck off
I use mine almost everyday.

You're just triggered 'cause you cucked buying Bamboo shit.

own wacon150$, huion50$, and chinese one30$.
no cant diference betwen them

That's a terrible idea and you've never seen a surface studio

>dirty plexiglass
>literally parroting a hipster tech-illiterate shit
Oh god, you're the exact market for surface studios, go buy one right now

>nothing with a screen
>nothing glossy
>destructible nubs are good things

What do you guys think about affinity designer?

The butchered linux drivers are better than the brand ones

I have literally no idea about what that is apart from reading that they released a Windows version recently, which isn't available on torrent websites yet so I can't try it.

But the Surface Studio has DCI-P3 gamut support, meanwhile the top of the line Cintiq has 97% Adobe RGB. And 3:2 is better for productivity than 16:9, which is better for consuming media. And you have more screen real estate with 4500x3000 than 2560x1440.