Both are shit

>laptop drops
>not enough bezel to protect actual display

Top jej.

the thicc meme

You could just not drop your laptop you sperg

>no effect on quality
>until you break your screen

The no bezel meme is a worse marketing meme, because they just put all the bezel at the bottom. The thin meme is far more detrimental because it's responsble for underpowered computers and awful keyboards.

Never dropped a laptop and I literally have no care for mines, I even just throw them on the bed when I'm late, try not being a retard.
Also, 2 Kg or more falling on a screen, most bezels won't resist anyway

>he drops his laptop
Better get a toughbook, spaz.

How is no bezel bad, you contrarian idiot?

Fat laptops still exist, if you want specs buy a laptop for specs.

Because it makes I like larger laptops and wasted space you dumb fuck.

the thin meme. no bezels is pretty nice.

look panasonic laptops

I thought lack of bezels was somehow connected to a touch screen. Touch screens can be nifty.

>I like
Well then buy a laptop with bezel. Or is there only one laptop on the market at any given time in whatever retard dimension you inhabit?

I understand dropping a cellphone because it's small and handheld, but how in the flying fuck would you ever drop an entire laptop?

smaller footprint.

Those aren't what memes are. Fucking kill yourself.

Thin meme, by a mile.

No bezel meme just means you have to be more careful not to damage the screen.

Thin meme is the reason we don't have multiple days of battery life, and still don't have laptops with internal PSUs.

Thin bezels don't make the footprint smaller. The footprint of a laptop cannot get smaller than the keyboard and trackpad.

Screen size is determined after literally everything else has been made.

I dropped my 13" rMBP on my toe and I wanted to kill myself because of the pain. So it happens sometimes.

>your preference =/= what is actually better

Idiot.

Why would you want an internal psu in a laptop?

It would be bulky, hot, and harder to replace

I don't believe that smaller bezeled devices break at a significantly higher rate. Show me some stats.

Thin meme is far, far worse.

The idea that increasing the amount of screen to bezel ratio on a laptop could ever even be a bad thing is a meme in itself.

>sleepy but want to watch movie in bed
>walk over from bedroom to kitchen where I've left the laptop
>sleepy so I send it flying off the table instead of grabbing it

this has happened too many times

You're carrying around a power brick anyway, and PSUs can be reduced in size when they're an open design.

They only heat up when the laptop's being charged, and you won't need to replace them as often because they won't get lost or damaged.

>It would be bulky
"MUH THIN MEME"

having a mbp is enough reason to consider suicide

It's a work laptop, not mine. I already requested a proper one instead of the mbp.

do thin laptops easily bend? also what is the point in having a thin laptop? weight is what matters, not the thickness

Whats so bad about a small bezel exactly?

Jelly poorfag detected
> t. comfy XPS owner.

Thin.

Sacrificing quality, durability, reliability, battery life, power just for looks is not worth it.

With no bezels you just worry about not damage your screen.

both memes are so comfy

>THINNEST LAPTOP ON THE MARKET
>LIGHTEST TOO
>No more painful days of lugging around something weighing 1kg or even 1.5kg
>All we had to do was compromise on wifi reception, battery life by 60%, most ports, customisability, stability, durability, a full sized keyboard, keys that aren't flat, and performance

the "IM GONNA ACT LIKE EVERY NEW TECHNOLOGY IS BAD SO I WILL BE A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HIPSTER XD" meme is the worst

>lol ur a dumb guy how can you drop a portable device which is supposed to sit around many different locations

Kill yourselves, fucking basement dwellers. Just because your T420's rubber feet have fused with your desk doesn't mean other people's laptops don't actually move.

The poorfag-neet one.

fpbp

I've never dropped something I've payed so much money for/was gifted and had so many good memories with.

You're just a soulless, careless child.

A thinner laptop usually means smaller weight and footprint (easier to carry around).

That said we're at a point where laptops are pretty thin and light and the thinness increases are marginal and yet the battery life is sacrificed for little gain.

The new MBP is a good example. It's barely thinner then the 2015 MBP and it has a worse battery.

When I got my first iPod I would seat it back in its original packaging whenever I would transport it

I've never dropped a laptop. I've dropped my phone around 4 times in my life, inside my house. Accidents HAPPEN though and that's not something you can ever stop. If it can happen it will happen. If you're saying its impossible that your laptop will ever fall from a surface then you're a retarded cunt and a liar.