WHAT DO I UPDATE: BLACK FRIDAY EDITION

WHAT DO I UPDATE: BLACK FRIDAY EDITION
Post your specs and help others out
My CPU is clocked to 4GHz

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-231-489
amazon.com/gp/product/B00UFCVKI4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232207
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Upgrade from Windows 10 to literally any other operating system

Help. Need upgrade soon.

Upgrade your GPU to 1060
Get 16GB RAM

>Upgrade your GPU to 1060
>Get 16GB RAM
both downgrades

Whats wrong with W10 and what do you recommend?

moar ssd!

Don't upgrade, he's just being overly Sup Forums

Be content with what you have young grasshopper

Stop making the same thread you fucking nigger.

You already got your answer. If you need more do it in >>>/sqt/.

Need Help. Black friday is near.

Geeeeeesus
Dunno how much you have to spend, but upgrading to 16 gig ram is cheap AF and can prove useful.
A small cost for a big benefit would also be to get a SSD to put your OS on, shit's faster yo.

Should i get DDR3 ram now or DDR4 later in January when new gen cpu/gpus come out?

If you're to get DDR4 ram you need a new motherboard, which means new CPU too. Gets real pricey. You can find 8 gigs DDR3 quite cheap.
SSDs getting cheaper now too so I wouldn't neglect looking at one of those

if you do more than game get an i7

get a intel cpu+mobo with ddr3 support, new gpu, and an extra 8 gb of ram

There's nothing to do. You're good to go for minesweeper.

IDK, was thinking of upping to 64gb ram as I got two free slots still.

I'm going to USA in one week, so i'm gonna buy some black Friday stuff and send it to a friend's house, im kinda computer illiterate so im hoping you guys will help me out a bit

Pic related is my current spec

I'm going to upgrade my RAM to 16GB, is this a good deal?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-231-489

Also, i'm really on fence if i need to buy another CPU + Motherboard, mine is 2 years old and this doubt is really killing me

it's malware

lol fuck off what are you gonna do with 64 gig ram boi, not useful at all

Ram is dirt cheap, 16 will do you good

b-b-b-b-b-but muh VMs

just do it, you might as well man

>Ram is dirt cheap, 16 will do you good

but the Newegg deal is good?

this G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series is trust able?

That fucking name just tilts me, usually any ram will do, any speed will do.

Second monitor?

I'm torn between the 1060 3GB and the RX 480 4GB.

The 1060 seems to perform better in DX11 and the RX 480 *might* have some boost in the future with the extra GB and some better DX12 performance. I'm leaning towards the 1060, but will it fall hard in the next 2 years?

since its nvidicuck you probably only get 2gb of ram

Nothing.

Use your money to go on a cruise.

Legit hardly any difference between your cpu and skylake. Wait for Zen.

I await your professional advice

I believe there is no need to upgrade my parts. Stay mad you filthy plebs

I need a new mouse, this one is fucking up for some reason, It's wire but it keeps disconnecting until I change ports. I'm thinking driver issue with the keyboard/mouse combo of which I'm only using the keyboard.

Also the dongle for the wireless keyboard has its circuits bare and it's disconnecting as it slides out from the USB part more and more.

I also need an SSD. Everything but my Powersupply, HDD, and peripherals are new at this point, less than a month old.
An SSD is really what I need to make it feel like a new computer.

I also need a monitor-- I play games, not a lot. Nothing extensive but I like the option. I'm using a decade old 720p TV as my monitor right now. Want to try out 1440p. Best Buy has a 28" inch I'm looking at for $250 today but I feel like it'll be a waste of money because TN and Freesync, but I'm so desperate.

I have maybe ~$260 to blow this week.

What do?

You're fine

Add 240GB SSD
Keep the, possibly get an aftermarket cooler for the CPU if it can't maintain its boost clock
Could get GTX1060, but I would hold on to what you have. Not worth it to upgrade right now except possibly gfx, but you can get a whole new system in like 6mo-1yr

280x is hot, you might want an RX470 or wait for the 570 (preferable)

CPU is fine, get a bigger SSD

New gfx obviously, either 470/480/1060

Just get a $50 used 1080p 60Hz monitor

Image is of my desktop.
Server specs: (Sorry no speccy of it)
Opteron-170 2.0 Ghz
4GB ram
1TB seagate (60GB OS/871GB for Client pc backups)
4TB (2x2TB Raid 0) Movies & Music, temp films I grab from torrents.
6TB (3x2TB Raid 0) Data drive
320GB Server sys image drive

Everything on the server is backed up to a 8TB nas (which is now full btw) and a 3TB external usb 3.0 drive. Before anyone says why not just put all those 2TB drives in a Raid-5, well raid 5 performance blows and also if a drive dies the strain of the long rebuild time could cause another drive in the array to die as well taking all data with it.

No desk space, unless I get one of those stacked mount things, then it would be one over the other

Tell me anything I should snag, I mean I made this in August so...

Gpu

oh fuck LMAO wrong image that's from psych class

definitely GPU, but why does this look like a laptop?

its not honestly

the craptop died of overheating

Considering moving to a mini ITX mobo and case cause this full tower is too fucking big for my desk and it'll choke if left on the carpet.

I've been told my CPU is a bottleneck

gtfo tripfag

what a waste of double dubs

I really need help, does my cpu bottleneck my games? or am i using my gtx 960 at it's fullest? and what should i upgrade?

Two months ago i was planning on waiting until Black Friday to get a PC, I couldn't.
Now I have a PC and it's Black Friday and I don't know what to get now.
Help

I built my desktop back in 2012 and haven't touched it since. Only just now is it starting to become noticeably weaker with newer games.

I'm really only interested with 1080p at this point in my life and along with a much better case (Enthoo Pro) and screen, I'm going to buy a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB - Boost clock 1873 MHz

Is this a good buy for my needs and should I upgrade anything else? I based these decisions mostly off of Logical Increments.

Here is the screen I'm looking at: amazon.com/gp/product/B00UFCVKI4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks for any input guys.

wat do

Bigger HDD.

swap that piece of trash i5 for an i7 4790k and clock it to 4.8 or 4.9GHz
y no 32GiB ram??
GTX 1080

Yeah, I gotta buy a SSD too.

OP Here again, thank you for the advice, one last question. Is it worth getting liquid cooling for my CPU?

I got a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO right now, thinking about getting a Kraken X61. Would it fit in my NZXT H440? Will it actually improve my temperatures a lot or just a little?

>CPU
I5 3570K - Clocked to 4GHz
>GPU
GTX 1060
>Ram
16 GB - 2x8gb of some kingston shit.

Anything worth upgrading?
Already got SSDs and I assume motherboard/psu/anything doesn't really matter.

Want to buy a new 1TB HDD for my Dad so he can backup some family photos/videos, Toshiba's are the cheapest brand from what I've seen but are they reliable?

i thought about buying two 6TB HGST. what do you think?
i'd stick to old Hitachi or Samsung (if you cand find them). i had bad experiences with Toshiba drives and they don't score well in general, tho better than WD or Seagate
also:
>family photos/videos
don't rely only on one drive

I might pick another 4-5TB HDD if there is a decent sale.

I will upgrade GPU eventually, but not now.

Are you fucking retarded

What should I upgrade?

RAM could stand an upgrade to lower latency but same bandwidth sticks.

SM960 would also give you a decent increase in disk performance.

Any RAM recommendations?

If you were buying new today something like
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232207

But since you already have pretty quick RAM no real reason to upgrade unless you feel the itch.

This is what I have.

Are you saying those sticks are these?
Cause the speccy shows them at CAS 16-18-18-38

The ones I linked are CAS 14-14-14-34

Storage, unless you have a dedicated file server.

I don't think my system desperately needs an upgrade, but I would like to hear Sup Forums's opinion nonetheless.

monitor upgrade

Yeah, I agree with you. Trouble is I'm not sure if I should bite the bullet now and grab a monitor, or wait till a bunch of HDR monitors come out.

start saving cause HDR monitors will be steep, and you'll need a GPU upgrade.

Personally I put my case on the floor but with a piece of wood under it so it can be stable on carpet.

I've got parts coming in so I'll just list some:

i7-6700k
16GB ddr4
GTX-960 2GB
500GB SSD

My main concern is that my 960 might bottleneck me a little. I'm coming from an old FX cpu though, so that could've been what was holding me down

PC looks solid
How are your headphones/ mouse/ keyboard?

How can I fix this.

What is wrong?

help pls
considering a 1080
other than that idk what i should upgrade
ill prob grab an m2 drive as well

Get SSD + 8 more GB of RAM.

I built my PC in 2013 and haven't upgraded anything yet. What should I get?

that is all outdated trash get a new rig,

new processor, mobo, ram

and video card

also

>amd processor with nvidia vga card

shiggitydiggity

Anything in particular that I should buy?

I am exceptionally bad at "balancing" my computer parts. Is there anything in my build that stands out as needing an upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

You need an SSD.

Get an MX300.

thats kind of the issue since an updated cpu would necessitate new ram and mobo and
DDR4 is standard now
amd cpus are garbage currently

Can you explain to me how exactly that would help? I was under the impression that SSDs were wasted on low-mid range PCs.

Not trying to be intentionally dense here.

Are my CPU and GPU up to snuff? What about DDR3 RAM; is that considered outdated?

Not sure I even have the money to upgrade shit, or if I really need to this year, but curious what Sup Forums thinks

your gpu is extremely outdated, ddr3 ram is completely fine but 8gb is starting to become the bare minimum these days. ssd is always worth it for the load times and overall more responsive OS.

I need a descent chair with descent lumber and neck support. Pls halp

I'm going to buy a gtx 1070

I can get one for 330 USD, is that a good price or should I wait for Monday?

i would hold off on an ssd honestly and look more into building a new rig
now is the best time

do you have a price range

Alright, thanks for clarifying.

As for the gpu, how far can I upgrade it without my other PC parts wasting its potential?

I really only have a few hundred bucks max.
I'm mostly just trying to see if upgrading is viable.

i would pull the trigger on that one 330 is a good price

then honestly no upgrading would not be viable in your case

i would try to save more

Aw, that's a shame. Do you agree with the other user that my GPU and RAM are currently my weakest components? I'm mostly concerned with gaming, if that makes a difference.

Nothing is wrong, you just have an older model that has higher CAS timings increasing your latency.