Gaming laptop

Im going to uni next year so I wanna swap my computer for a laptop and I want it to be able to play overwatch(high) at at least 60 fps (also dota and lol). Well now that I put it like that it doesnt seem like huge requirements. Preferably something with a bigger screen (18+ I think?). On top of that I want to use a graphic tablet and Photoshop (with some huge ass files).
Budget is about £800

inb4
>gaming
>kek

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i7559-2512BLK-Generation-GeForce/dp/B015PYZ0J6
pcpartpicker.com/list/X6k3m8
pcpartpicker.com/list/3hR9tJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/jxrBhq
amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-E5-575G-53VG-Laptop-Windows/dp/B01DT4A2R4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pic not related

Razer Blade Pro 2016

Why not just build a small desktop? Will get much better specs for the price.

I plan to carry it between the uni building and wherever Ill live

Keep your desktop and get a lightweight, cheaper laptop for day to day college work. Spend the extra cash on some upgrades to your desktop. Gaming on a laptop is fucking shit.

You know what I think the Blade is not even a bad computer but I have never seen someone use it in real life and I study at a pretty big college coming by 100s of Macs and Thinkpads and Dells and Acer and Asus trash every day, even Alienware

It'd be worth considering if it didn't have that huge awful cringeworthy logo on the back

It's just a logo, why would you care?

Because I'd have to look at it every day, have other people look at it, etc

It's pretty fucking obvious why I would care??

It would be a god tier laptop if they just got rid of the rainbow keyboard and that logo. It makes anyone using it look like a virgin.

just pay twenty bucks to cover it up with a dbrand skin you complete fucking retards

>Just pay twenty bucks for a dongle to be able to use USB on the new macbook
I'm not a cuck thank you

If it sucks, it sucks

Lad just buy a decent chrome book or cheap windows laptop and build an OK gaming computer

No different than any other glowing logos

Are you using it as a desktop or actual school work
You're not going to want to use a laptop larger than 15" for school work.
You'll also look autistic as fuck using a large laptop.
Just get a monitor and connect it to your laptop when you wanna play vidya.

This is what I want to do, I am not OP. Any advice?

I fly a lot. Unless there's some super portable/sturdy/small case, a laptop is much more practical.

Gonna highjack this thread a bit because i was going to make one just like it. This seems to be the absolute best option for the price.

amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i7559-2512BLK-Generation-GeForce/dp/B015PYZ0J6

>i7-6700HQ
>8gb ddr3l
>gtx 960m
>comes with windows 10, but driver support for windows 7
>illuminated keyboard that's not gay ass red
>5-10 hour battery life depending on use
>$750

cheapest it's ever been. great all around laptop. what do Sup Forums?

or if you configure it, 16gb ddr3, 256 ssd, i5 6300. I'd rather an ssd and more ram for $740 rather than an i7 and hdd for $750

How can you both sustain playing lol and dota at the same time. It's like combining 2 time sucking black holes and pouring an Overwatch gravy on top.

was thinking similar, but i'm gonna add an m.2 ssd for boots and add some extra ram later regardless. For 50 extra bucks I'd get a better deal overall, especially living down the road from a microcenter and all these black friday deals happening. probably won't end up spending more than 900 total.

>gaming
>uni
Go to rehab now, it'll be cheaper and you won't ruin your chances at graduate school by fucking up your grades.

Do ITX, and get a GTX 1050 ti with that single fan thing.

Right mate, you need a desktop and a shit laptop
Try this: pcpartpicker.com/list/X6k3m8
With the cheapest Lenovo Thinkpad you can get

ITX ain't good

>mATX is better than ITX
Retard spotted.

Is that a good card?

It does its job, very good for its price, if you want more performance just work up the line, GTX 1050ti, 1060 3gb, 1060 6gb, 1070, 1080.
pcpartpicker.com/list/3hR9tJ
Tiny build that packs a huge punch.

>huge punch
>$650
Not bad, user. Keeping this in mind.

looking to get a bit more feedback on this one

If you want some more performance, buy a 1060 3gb or 6gb but make sure the card is less than 10 inches.

>going 6600k on non Z mobo
6500 + 470/1060 3GB/480/1060 6GB would be better ( in that order, depends on your budget and local prices). Also going DDR4-2400 on H110 is pointless, since chipset can't handle >2133MHz, instead going 2133MHz with lower latency would be better. And personally i would go with smaller SSD + HDD instead of bigger SSD
pcpartpicker.com/list/jxrBhq i would go with this one

>Not just dropping the K on the 6600k to have higher clock speeds.
Wew

If it makes you feel any better I've been looked the past few days and this one has looked the best so far. No le gaymen title to it but it certainly handles as good as any "gaymen" one. I'm gonna be using it for that and video editing

amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-E5-575G-53VG-Laptop-Windows/dp/B01DT4A2R4
Thoughts on this? Seems pretty good for the price and I'm looking to spend under $600

Try to go for at least a 950m for a gayming laptop.
If you can wait a few months wait for the laptop pascal cards because the improvements are pretty big.

I have some advice: don't get a "gaming laptop" in college. Fact is, you get the most out of college if you don't go there thinking that you'd have fun first and get an education as a consequence. You need to realize that while college can be fun, work comes FIRST. You have the wrong perception of college in mind.

Face it, if you have a lot of fun in college, you probably learned nothing useful.

Not that user, but would this build be fine with a 1060 6GB rather than the 3GB?

I'm similar to OP, I'm mainly getting the laptop for college next year. Do you think that would be able to hold up for 4 years and not turn to shit towards the end?

>6600k
>1050
go the other way around 6500 remove cooler for stock change mobo to h110 or something and 1060 3gb
if u need it to be even cheaper go rx 470

Fucking this.

Build a gaming pc

Buy a $100 netbook, install Steam and do Steam's In-home streaming from your gaming pc to your netbook

I'm considering the HP Omen 17 inch because it has a 4K display and that's pretty much nonexistent for that price range.

You probably won't be able to play modern games 4 years down the line at 60 fps with any gayming laptop and definitely not a laptop with a 940m GPU.

However shit important to your college work is CPU dependent and not that demanding of modern CPUs so it'll be perfectly usable unless it has a shit build quality.

I went through 7 years of college, failed a total of 3 semesters and have a degree in applied physics and math.
I 100% agree with the idea that early college is just unemployed free time, in fact it's much much more important to waste time than any non-major college success at all.
Of course I mean much more enriching "fun" than playing games on your laptop but still, the fun of early college is more important than the academic success of early college

MSI GL62-6QF
i5-6300hq
8GB RAM
960m
1080 screen

Fuck it, looks good enough.

t. Not a Sup Forumsangsta

laptop pascal cards are already out my guy