Is there a more recent version of this?

Is there a more recent version of this?

Also, infographic thread.

>headphones under $100
kek

I miss the time when most of Sup Forums was poor/sensible buyer/anti-snob

>headphones UNDER $100
>sensible

poorfags started to ruin everything by asking the same question over and over on how to get the greatest tech ever for absurdly low prices.

Where is SHP9500s?

just get a Sennheiser or Beyer you poorfag fuck, they're like 20 more dollars

In my home country the average person lives off of $300/month yet a significant portion of our country is good with technology.

>good with technology
I bet you steal it, you filthy fucking gypsy.

How the fuck did you know I'm Romanian.

Magyar vagy?

Was this chart made by a hi-gi audiophile?
What the fuck.

The only worthwhile dynamic headphones to ever consider:
Sony MDR 7506
Sennheiser HD 558
Beyerdynamic DT 880

That's it.
inb4 sennheiser hd 600
>muh inaudible 1 db difference in midrange
>muh >10000 hz sounds

I'm not Hungarian . Hungarians are much richer than us. I'm fucking Roma Moldovan lmao.

Even Romanians hate us.

>implying it's not just shills and redditors who argue the whole "lel can't you afford this premium shit" thing.

There are only two countries in this world proud of stealing technology, and you're definitely not Chinese.

>best headphones under $100
>no AKG K240

Siberia 200 for $40 ?
worth it ?

The newest infograph(pic related) we had in /hpg/ for headphones over 200 was actually quite nice as a collection of decent quality options beyond that price point. There was someone who started to make a sub 200 infograph but it never got finished and this one never got updated.

This place gets visited by all kinds of people, different models for different people with different criteria and budget. A good guide would cater for both.

>worth it ?
Literally quit asking this forever you goddamn retards. Nobody else can answer this for you.

upvoted

>880
How do the 660 and 770 compare?

I've been using Philips SHP9500 for quite a while now and while they sound good/very good for listening to music, for multimedia usage (movies/games) they are rather lackluster because contrary to what many say, they have a piss poor soundstage. They can be also way too cold and bright sounding. (well, they are advertised as high precision and that often means boring to many) I appreciate natural sounding headphones and I prefer them over bass heavy but they are way too tame for everything other than listening to music.

Also, they are perhaps the most open headphones I ever had. It's basically like having speakers right next to your ears, the noise pollution is that bad (i.e. leaking sound like crazy). And since they're open build, the noise cancelling is nonexistent. They're the exact opposite what I want from headphones.

Most Studio/Monitoring or DJ headphones are not an option because they are way too linear sounding & and have a nonexisting soundstage.

Are there any good closed headphones for multimedia usage (all-round headphones) with decent noise cancelling/not leaking sound like crazy? Reasonable priced preferably.
What do you guys think of the Panasonic RP-HX550 Street?

I don't expect miracles since imho even the best I've tried (Sennheiser HD800) sound barely any better than cheapo loud speaker to me. In fact, I think my Logitech Z323 loudspeaker sounds better than any headphones I've ever tried. After all, technology has it's limits if you have to make it small.

>tfw bought my Monoprice 8323 almost 10 years ago

still going strong, haven't bought any headphones since.

I think you are asking too much out of your headphones.

The only way I can think of to legit have soundstage with headphones, and non placebo-tier shit like slightly angled drivers, is software crossfeed at very tame settings. Just a slight bleed, more in the lower frequencies than on higher.
The amount of bleed will emulate the positioning of speakers in front of you.

That's literally it. You can't make drivers perpendicular to your ear sound like drivers two feet away from you and at 60 degree angle without doing software processing on the audio.

Try to get a closed DJ headphone pair like MDR 7506 and add some parametric crossfeed and parametric equalization gain to the lower frequencies.

Has anyone here tried the new fostex cans? TR-70/80/90? They look nice, I am a huge fan of the TR-50.

DT990 is like a DT880 with more bass and treble and thus, less mids. The treble is especially elevated so it tends to sound quite bright for most listeners. DT770 is closer to DT990 than DT880 but it's closed back and because of the closed design it has a little better bass extension than both. Overall it's also a V-shaped headphone. DT880 and DT990 come with "Premium" versions which have options for lower and higher impedance voice coils, less clamp than the Pro-versions, straight cable as opposed to a coiled one and a little bit more bling on the design. Premium model headband isn't easily replaceable. These are the basics of the currently in production versions. All of these models have gone through a lot of variations throughout the years and their design and sound signature has changed.

Woops DT660...

It's closer to old DT880 from what I can remember. Very neutral overall with a high treble peak.

Sir, I think you meant to post the M220s.