Browser thread, I guess

Is Pale Moon still Sup Forums's preferred browser, or has Sup Forums moved on to greener pastures that I'm not aware of?

I didn't think it ever was.
That said, v27 was just released and it's full of improvements, so now's a good time to give it a chance.

It's shit, like anything related to Firefox or indeed Mozilla.

Chromium et. al. is all that matters. Using anything else makes you a contrarian dick head.

Is Chromium botnet-free? I always assumed that if you logged into any Google service from within Chromium, it logs in the entire browser into your Google account and makes it be the same as Chrome in terms of tracking

So... don't log in?

I have to use Google Drive for college-related stuff, so that's unavoidable

>implying Sup Forums would know what a good browser is
>implying you must do whatever Sup Forums says
I dont care what the fuck Sup Forums thinks
Its my preferred browser for sure, and thats all

I tried version 26 the day before 27 came out in a vm and I thought it was perfect. Version 27 isn't compatible with some of the extensions I used on 26.

just look in the forums or ask Manchild himself for support. Maybe involve someone into fix that. The bigger the community and the collaboration, the better the browser becomes.

>want to get into browser development
>download icecat source
>install necessary packages
>compile errors
>diagnose common errors
>still compile errors
>go to #icecat irc on freenode
>ask for help with compiling errors
>*crickets*

so what the hell do I do now

For what it's worth I'm logged into Drive on Iridium and it's not logged the browser itself into my Google account.

>furry browser
No.

>manchild
kek

Make separate accounts then. Chromium allows for this.

>Is Pale Moon still Sup Forums's preferred browser, or has Sup Forums moved on to greener pastures that I'm not aware of?
qutebrowser

>wants a botnet-free browser
>logs into google services
the nerve of some people

Pale Moon was practically useless until just yesterday when it was finally updated. Now most websites actually fucking work with it.

>Now most websites actually fucking work with it.

I don't know which sites you're talking about, but I haven't had any compatibility issues.

It didn't have MSE support until v27 so Youtube and friends didn't work too well.
But any reasonable person would be using open with mpv for videos anyway.

Didn't the developer say that it was fundamentally flawed

Yes.

It's good practice to use different browsers for different things.

elaborate?