Why are you not using ubuntu?

Why are you not using ubuntu?

Other urls found in this thread:

techsviewer.com/install-macos-sierra-vmware-windows/
gnu.org/distros/common-distros.en.html
fixubuntu.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because im using windows 10

But I am, 16.04, there is nothing as keyboard friendly as Unity besides meme TWMs.

Using budgie-Remix 16.04

because i used it for years and wanted to try something new. ubuntu is awesome. I hopped into some full-debian type distros for a while and some other stuff but right now I'm on Manjaro, think I'll be on it a while.

because vidya

was that 100% free to get on your pc, you didn't have to buy any retail disk?

I want to get sierra on my PC but I can't find any free tutorials.

yes, just download a vm and use that to make a bootable usb

because it's an NSA honeypot and I don't know hwo to disable Amazon botnet

Unity is slow as fuck

because I'm using Qubes

your mom is slow as fuck, but I can edge so it's okay

be more detailed? im autistic

because im using debian

cus muh gaymes

and i haven't found a flawless/usable daw that works with my vsts.

i do. no hassles.

because debian is better?

I do, with low graphics mode enabled

techsviewer.com/install-macos-sierra-vmware-windows/
from there just follow the hackintosh guides

am using it, also arch

Because Fedora is more comfy.

I hate Unity and I'm too dumb to change it.

Because it's a cancer distro that goes against everything GNU/Linux stands for.

>Falling for a commie jew lie.

Quit using a PC from 2004.

Apparently this is actually a desktop thread.

all threads are desktop threads

Because I am part of the Arch Master Race

wow sure, doing things the GNU way sure got Debian a lot of recognition from the fsf, not including non-free and contrib things in the repos, writing gnu/linux in the OS name, stuff like that. FSF is cancer when it comes to recognizing which distros stand for their ideology.
Btw you can install ubuntu without non-free components too, there is an boot option on the install disc for that. But i guess being able to choose is less free than forcing free on the user.

because I have a high IQ

Because Fedora 25 with default wayland just came out and it is absolute perfection.

if it was perfect it would include a good fontconfig, also use the freetype-freeworld by default because its 2016 and this component has a free license.

Lots of Fedora users here.

Well, for me, FreeBSD master race reporting.

16.10 or 16.04?

Because overheating

update to fedora 25 you nerd

There can only be one.

first post best post

because if I use Mint I get the same package base and the same level of software compatibility without none of the Canonical bullshit with zero hassles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you you get your own Mint-specific bullshit

I know. Like the world's shittiest OS updater. But it doesn't bother me enough to actually try out something else for now.

I actually switched from Mint to Ubuntu for my Desktop because Mint didn't want to boot from usb because something fucked up the hardware recognition in grub. Couldn't be bothered to dig deeper, switched to Ubuntu, removed some packages and installed gnome (wrong iso initially). Will install i3 later this weekend.
It's pretty standard so far.

I have it installed on a separate HDD but I don't use it much because I'm used to Windows and play a lot of vidya
The terminal is a hassle to use after using windows from fuckin birth
I installed Debian, broke it, installed arch, had driver problems, then installed Ubuntu. Don't know what to try next.

>i7-5820K
>GTX 1080
Hot damn.
I wish I could have a PC like that.

>Why are you not using ubuntu?
Because I am using Funtoo.

why should I choose this over any other fucking OS?

Data leaks. Also, see the ubuntu section here: gnu.org/distros/common-distros.en.html

See if this still works: fixubuntu.com/

Believe me, it's not wort it by a long shot.
I kinda fell for the meme.
Yes it's awesome to be play Witcher 3 and stuff like that on highest settings, but after spending that kinda money on hardware I came to realize what a waste of money that "top of the line" gaming hardware meme really is.

I have to say though I haven't played anything for the last 7+ years, and am currently playing through mass effect series for the first time, which is fucking nice.

But not worth to spent that much on what is essentially chink shit.

Man I just got this T450s to take 24. Rather not piss off the linux gods anymore than I already have. I'm probably going to buy RHEL workstation soon anyways so I don't mind being one version out of date.

it's basically linux but not made by freetards

Well, it's a long story.

I used to use Ubuntu a long time ago but then I spent a long time not using Linux OSes.

Then when I returned to Linux, I tried Lubuntu because I wanted one of my shit laptops to work decently. Lubuntu was less resource intensive than Ubuntu so I was somewhat pleased.

Then I decided that I would find an operating system to put on my newer (much better) laptop. I decided to go with Manjaro because Manjaro looked to be the most clean experience. I did not know, at the time, that Manjaro was an Arch off-shoot... nor did I care.

because other than music and web browsing I don't really do anything with my puter, so arch is just fine and since I don't have a bunch of stuff goin on, updates are very unlikely to break anything

>Basically Linux
>Not having a Kernel made by Linus
Please remove yourself from this thread.

>muh gnu
exactly what you get to avoid by installing macOS

Fuck Unity

What are you trying to say?

First you say Mac is basically Linux, but not open source.
Then you say Linux is gnu?

I'm not really seeing what you're trying to say. Or do you simply have no idea what you're saying?

ummm i think u mean gnu/linux

You can use Linux without gnu userland. Take Android, or embedded devices. Or busybox with Linux.

>I don't know hwo to disable Amazon botnet
Remove Unity and install something else. That should do it.

>too retard to click an option.
>has to change the DE instead.

Its got an African name - so there's no way it works, and frankly I don't want it in my house.

Using Ubuntu Gnome here, it's comfy af and stable. It plays my animu and let's me shitpost so I like it

is lubuntu good for decent spec laptops too? I just want something lightweight but also not skipping out on features OOB

xubuntu :^)

I just used an ice on a netbook, overheating has gone, thanks Linux

literally nothing wrong with xubuntu

It's from 2014 and it runs like shit even on official drivers.

I really like ubuntu mostly for its community, but its bloated as fuck. If only there was a Ubuntu Arch version.

There is an ubuntu minimal net install

Debian exists and is more copyleft friendly.

>I don't know hwo to disable Amazon botnet

Doesn't that still have stuff like Thunderbird and stuff?

Because I prefer Arch Linux.
Also, not giving a shit about the OS others use.

>implying

>ubuntu
because I am not a pussy

Because I'm using openSUSE Tumbleweed.

It turned out to be harder to install than Arch.

>The terminal is a hassle to use after using windows from fuckin birth
Underage baby duck b8

I was using budgie.

Whenever I have the panel set to bottom as you've shown.... Hitting the "windows" button makes it disappear.

Like wtf.

hmm strange ... had no big problems

What are you using now?

FreeBSD is amazing but doesn't support my current hardware, otherwise I'd be using it. Currently on Debian

You might be better-suited for OSX then.

>linux
>apple OS
>relevant, competitive enterprise grade software
You can only pick ONE (1)

because i'm using something better

>1366x768
Sup bro.

Who are you to tell me what I can pick?
I'll pick whatever pleases me and no snotty little mommy's boy can make any difference.

No

Which version of Ubuntu is best Ubuntu? Xubuntu?
Benefits over Debian?

Unity.

Which is fine. I've done the rounds with all sorts of wms and de's but I use my t430s for shitposting, rhino (in a VM) and watching videos so idgaf.

I was installing budgie remix via a ppa on normal 16.04....so maybe the dependencies were fucked up.

I'll try again with a fresh install when I get my x201 and see what's up then.

because i prefer tech oriented distro like opensuse and fedora than noob oriented distro like ubuntu or mint

Because Arch fits my needs.

My IQ is above 140.

>tfw to intelligent to not use ubuntu

it's a comfy res, i don't need no mo

You'll cowards don't even smoke weed.

>to intelligent
yeah, no

>he fell for the meme

>he fell for the falling for the meme meme

>tfw meme'd yourself