>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Other urls found in this thread:

unikeyboard.io/product/terminus-2/#
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1547
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1512
amazon.com/dp/B01H6DANI2/ref=twister_B01IT3E1KE?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
world.taobao.com/item/530386581633.htm
ebay.com/itm/IBM-BEAMSPRING-Keychain-Keyboard-Key-5251-3101-3278-3279-5120-Displaywriter-/282135256215?hash=item41b0925c97:g:bLgAAOSwHoFXr-a9
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16823828006
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823839022&cm_re=mechanical_keyboard-_-23-839-022-_-Product
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823225005
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823225009
falbatech.pl/prestashop/index.php?id_product=57&controller=product&id_lang=2#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you found your end game yet /mkg/?

>mfw waiting for my new keyboard in the mail

soon

I hope it comes soon!

Soon, hopefully.

Also a casual reminder that pic related is avaliveable for 57 £ on keyboardco (cherry blacks only)

So what is on sale?

almost

What keyboard is that in OP's pic?

Rosewill, CM, Filco, Ducky, Unicomp, just to name a few

>Cherry focused on pumping out Reds and Speeds for Corsair gaymurs, and Browns for Corsair gaymurs who convince themselves they're not typing on dirt

Am I being a meme, or are Greens genuinely their only great switch?

Greens and blues brother

pok3r

>Buckling spring patents have all expired

So how come the chinks haven't started making affordable clones of buckling spring keyboards?

clears / blues

just get some clears or tactile greys if you don't like clicky switches since they have an extended tactile bump

Its still very expensive to make. The only reason Unicomp is so cheap is because they've had that tooling for over 20 years and have made back all their money after buying it from IBM.

Right /mkg/ I'd want something akin to pic related, but have been unable to find anything. Any ideas?

unikeyboard.io/product/terminus-2/#
This maybe?

Fair enough.

Currently debating to either get a Unicomp or a Matias Tactile

Is the shitty Unicomp build quality really as bad as people say?

looking for a good keyboard on sale, something simple.
>Budget
anything under 100$
>Location (continent at least)
New York
>Preferred switch type
brown
>Layout
qwerty
>Form factor
idgaf
>Backlight
just a simple white, not looking for seizure-inducing gaymer shit. a backlight is important tho
>Previous/current keyboards
this will be my first mechanical keyboard

VE.A

yo, not the guy you responded to but where did you get that it looks fucking sick.

I wish Gateron would make silenced browns.

Try this mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1547

Or this mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1512

Most likely through ghe massdrop group buy.

You can order from some chinese website but it is a pain in thr ass.

RIP
alright, prolly gonna hold off then. split keyboards look awesome but i dunno if it'd be more than a novelty for me. thanks though

just sign in to massdrop and check it from time to time. It's probably come up again as some other drops have in the past.

>kc64 coming in the mail tomorrow
what the fuck is shit toggle

Comes with a DYI coffee enema machine.

I'm pretty sure you guys aren't big fans of gamurh brands like as razer, steelseries, logikek etc

But I was wondering if someone could tell me what is the difference between the various corsair K70 models?
K70 lux/rapidfire/strafe?

Another question, what switch would be best for a smooth transition from rubber dome to mechanical?

I spend too much time playing games and being on Sup Forums btw.

I would like to have the sound and feel of a blue switch, but I've been told they needed to be pressed harder than reds in order to register input? Is this true, and if so, should I just get red switches, or is the pressure difference required not large enough to be a problem?

it's like 5 grams

Distinct lack of f-keys

That looks sweet, and it's pretty much what I need.

> MSRP 450 usd
jesus....

IIRC blues/reds use the same spring. So really the only thing that makes blues require more force is the bump in the stem.

is that non staggered style better?

personally i game a lot and think it's great, makes pressing keys like x and z so much easier

i see
ill have to look into getting one of those, it sounds like it would be fun to use at the least

I'd say so. I couldn't go back to a regular staggered layout since getting an ergodox.

Eh, it's preference. It's a newer trend in keyboard stuff. I've personally never used one with it but I've been eyeballing it. It doesn't have any F keys which may be a deal breaker.

It's hipster shit. Maybe late 90s-2000s tablet babies like it. So basically hipster shit.

Yeah, true true. Didn't look at that aspect to closely. oh whale.

As long as you can live without having the F-Keys it seems pretty sick. It does offer layers and stuff so you can prolly bind them.

So i just got my magicforce 68 with gateron reds. How much did i fall for or a mem?

I regret buying this board. I didn't know MX switches were so loose and wiggly. Should have saved for a HHKB

>loose and wiggly
Get switch stickers if keycap wobble triggers your autism. That or some of the new gaterons/originative MOD switches.

a lot

>incorrect staggering

Does this not bother anyone else?

cherry red blue or brown for fps and general gaming

Is this any good?
Looking for something of a similar size that won't fuck up my wallet. It looks pretty okay for the dollhairs.

amazon.com/dp/B01H6DANI2/ref=twister_B01IT3E1KE?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Not any more than staggering itself bothers me.

If you can try them out in a shop, just get the one you like best.

What really bothers me is the impossible to replace 3u spacebar and 1.25u convex fn keys.

I've seen literally two keysets that cover those, one weird DSA group buy run by chinks on GH and XDA Milestone

I'm thinking of trying a Planck/some other ortho board, but i don't know how easily I'd be able to adapt to it. I can't even stick with proper home row typing.

Reds are weird because they require more pressure than I thought, but much less than any keyboard that I've ever used before. The line between actuating and bottoming-out is very thin

I'm a horribly poor-fag, so while I want a mechanical keyboard I really can't afford to spend more than $80, so if anyone knows any that would be better:
>Budget
$80 USD, I would prefer a bit cheaper but I understand that mechanical keyboards aren't gonna get much cheaper without being knockoffs/shit.
United States
>Preferred switch type
Blacks, Browns, or Reds are what I'm after, with a preference for Browns.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100% is preferred.
>Backlight
Backlight preferred, ideally uniform in color.
Only ever used non-mechanical keyboards but I'm looking to change that for my new build.

I'll mainly be using the keyboard for gaymen, but I will also being using it quite a bit for general typing as well, if that matters.

if I can't?

Have you considered an OCD60? Probably the easiest ortho to adapt to imo

world.taobao.com/item/530386581633.htm

just as thin as actuating and not touched

2mm is a lot

Planck just has too little keys imo. At least put enough for the alphas+number row. Apparently the hot new meme is tiny ass

Are Duckys allowed here or are they too Gaymer?

that looks pretty good. I'd need to find/make some ISO variant though. \ next to left shift is too important to lose.

you can buy a beam spring key from this guy on ebay. I am currently waiting on mine to come in at the moment
ebay.com/itm/IBM-BEAMSPRING-Keychain-Keyboard-Key-5251-3101-3278-3279-5120-Displaywriter-/282135256215?hash=item41b0925c97:g:bLgAAOSwHoFXr-a9

Now how can I order this from chinkland? Would they ship to milkbagland?

Any black friday deals on keybaords fellas

Gaming marketed keyboards aren't inherently bad. Just most of them are.

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16823828006
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823839022&cm_re=mechanical_keyboard-_-23-839-022-_-Product
im looking for a good gaming board and these two caught my eye what would you guys recommend?

You guys should know, so I will ask you.
I want a wired mouse with a good sensor and extremely durable construction, that isn't a fucking gimmicky toy (c.f. 'gaming mouse').
Extra buttons other than the typical three are not necessary.

I actually quite like the Ducky Shine 3. Can't say the same obviously gaymer gear like the K70 though.

kill yourself

anyone else other then asshat mcgee here?

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823225005
For 65$ this seems pretty good.

no now get out with your shitty boards

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823225009
50$ for this one

A keyboard on the spectrum for a buyer on the spectrum :^)

anything with a 3360/3366 is usually pretty good. Take your pick. Logitech G403 is pretty solid, has a wireless variant if that's your thing

What's the best mechanical keyboard deal out there right now?

anyone?

I have owned this one for maybe two years, and so far no complaints. It's easier to keep clean than most boards afaik.

The clicking when you type is super loud, but some people like that sort of thing.

>Under $225
>USA
>Brown, blue if not brown
>ANSI
>60%
>No
I would like it to be exactly like the OP image, except with a tolerable font such as the usual Helvetica. Please let it be either wireless or have the wire attached to the right of the keyboard or detachable.

ok

Looks like the 303 is good, too, in that case.
What's the deal with build quality, though? Long-lasting clicky bits, and all.
I came across this: geekhack org/?topic=56240.0
What are the other sensors (made by Avago) like?

What is a good program to learn touch typing on? I can type pretty fast but I make a lot of errors thanks to my floating hand technique. Should I just not bother?

MAVIS
BEACON

fuck don't trigger my ptsd

Typing of the dead

Mario Teaches Typing

keybr.com
it uses an algorithm so your learning speed might be different then other. Personally I got stuck on R and T for a bit

Who here is excited for Unicomp SSKs?

Noob here, does Unicomp make split keyboard designs?

I have a Microsoft Natural 4000 keyboard right now, and it works really well for me because they keyboard is split. I'm a fatass and I can't keep my hands straight on a regular keyboard because my fat gets in the way, and I have to turn my wrists which hurts a lot.

Would you guys know of any good mechanical keyboards (Unicomp or otherwise) that make solid split keyboards in the style of the microsoft natural 4000?

>Budget
100$ or less
US
>Preferred switch type
Black or brown
>Layout
Standard qwerty
>Form factor
80%
>Backlight
Doesn't matter
Pic related. I got it for free but the metal on the left side is bent slightly upwards so it feels weird to type on.
Any help is much appreciated.

Unicomp used to make split keyboard with buckling springs (pic related). I don't know what they did with the tool tho.
You can find them on eBay, or at Chinese e-tailers like Taobao

Cooler Master pro S on amazon

>Budget
$∞
Straya
>Preferred switch type
Beam spring
>Layout
The most non-standard layout you can think of
>Form factor
150%
>Backlight
Yes, full RGB brighter than the sun
$5 Microsoft keyboard from the early 90s

ergodox has a whole bunch of customization options
falbatech.pl/prestashop/index.php?id_product=57&controller=product&id_lang=2#/

contact Duck over at geekhack and have him make you a custom keyboard. It usually costs around $2000 if you want to go all out. Pic related is one of his creations

Thanks guys, I'll look into both of those options.

>ergodox
Is it just me, or are the cases on that configuration page extremely expensive?

Thanks a bunch!