What's your opinion of a DIY briefcase laptop?

What's your opinion of a DIY briefcase laptop?

Has anyone here tried it?

It seems like a fun project and with enough time and attention you could probably build a pretty solid product.

Other urls found in this thread:

hackedgadgets.com/2008/12/14/computer-in-a-briefcase/comment-page-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Take that on a plane with you and try explain you built a laptop in a briefcase

It is very fun, but don't expect to end up having a concrete usage for it unless you're very very skilled at DIY and manage to make it decently powerful with a battery in it.

What if I enjoy the idea of walking into a coffee shop and plugging my portapute into the wall socket, sitting it on the table and browsing 4chin?

Be sure to mention that it is not a bomb, before they even ask.

just take your desktop pc then?

You will get better responses and have a more enjoyable thread out of it.

There's a guide on how to retrofit an old Toshiba portable computer (does need to be plugged in).

A buddy of mine and I are working on putting a desktop inside a briefcase.

Everything set to go, we just need to line the inside of the case and reinforce it a bit.

why would you want to waste time and money on an ugly impractical piece of shit?

Cause OP is a faggot
hackedgadgets.com/2008/12/14/computer-in-a-briefcase/comment-page-1/

Just put hinges on a mini-itx case and mount a monitor. It may be actually somewhat practical. Like a gaming laptop but with better cooling, better specs, but no internal battery. It still seems like a silly idea though

I'm putting together a mobile video editing station for field work as we speak; mine consists of a higher end Mac mini and a couple terabyte drives inside of a pelican case. Currently sourcing a good weather proof plug that I can mount on the outside of the case to power it all.

Heat is the biggest thing in worried about, despite the fact that it has to be open while running. I'm also a little nervous about how well the top kid of a pelican case is going to protect a 25 inch monitor the first few times it gets thrown around at the airport.

Because it can be done.
Protip; in the future, just try not to be such a faggot.

Nice clock ahmed

>Take it to school
>say its just a computer not a bomb
>get suspened for having bomb looking pc
>call school racist
>get invited to White House

Obama would just invite him to the White House.

Bomb

who here same monitor?
>take a pic of this pic on your computer

Nice bomb, Muhammad.

It'd probably be a lot easier now 3d printers are available, you could manufacture custom protective sheaths for your components and such.