Explain kik to me. Why do people use it? Is it a competitor to Skype? WhatsApp? Discord?

Explain kik to me. Why do people use it? Is it a competitor to Skype? WhatsApp? Discord?

kik?
hmu

m or f

Never heard of it.

m

>Stranger has disconnected.

>f or m
>I sexually identify as an attack helicopter and you will check your privilege

>tfw when thanks to a random meme the whole internet now caters to your attack helicopter fetish

A place for pedos and catfish

>a/s/l

I use it to talk to my gf so my wife won't find out

top kik

Pretty much this

This except keeping bf from husband.

Also from what I understand these chat apps tend to have regional popularity, what's popular in 1 country is a literal who app in other.

It's like WhatsApp but I don't have to give random people my phone number.
It's not like Skype cause Skype should not be used (unless you have to use it for your company).
It's not like Discord cause Discord is the ugly baby of TeamSpeak/Mumble and Slack

>you literally have t give ur email to discord, in order to chat.

True that.

I'd never heard of WhatsApp until I saw it on my dad's phone. He downloaded it to talk to his South American clients since it's all they use.

I prefer Line. Or I did before I wrekt the phone my account is on, and now if I want to move it to my new one it wants to delete my chat history. What the hell, Korea?

(Actually, if anyone knows the ins and outs of Line, can I ask you something? I use the PC version of Line too, and the chats are synced with the ones in my phone account. If I load Line onto a new phone and login with that same account, will the chat history get erased from PC Line too?)

asl?

People use it because its one of the most anonymous chat clients (personally speaking, not privacy), so adding random people is a lot less complicated and potentially problematic. Its interface is useful and group chats are too i guess. Whatsapp is better but not for random people.

It doesn't compete with skype or discord because it isnt VOIP and its basically meant for texting random lads

You don't even need an account.
But it's not open source, so it's shit.

>for pedos and catfish

Like Sup Forums?

>if I want to move it to my new one it wants to delete my chat history
Literally why? If you have backups from your old phone you can try restoring them to your new one.

>cheating