MICROUSSR gives third-parties access to Windows 10 Telemetry data

what the fuck does microsoft think its fucking doing
ghacks.net/2016/11/23/microsoft-gives-third-parties-access-to-windows-10-telemetry-data/

POO

WTF I hate windows now!

Wasn't it assumed ages ago that this was gonna happen?

>disable telemetry
>problem solved

>disable telemetry
> win 10

Pick one

>you
>not a retard
Pick one and only one.

I haven't heard of an effective way to disable telemetry other than using an external firewall.

You can't fully disable telemetry in all Windows 10 versions. It says you can, but it's bullshit. Just run Wireshark and see for yourself.

Remove poo

Install genpoo

Except you can, unless you're a retard.

>thinks registry editing does anything
Windows reverts back to their original state after every update or even every reboot. Plus, it's been proven that there are certain telemetries that just can't be disabled, like Cortana's search history.

Tell us about your magic Windows 10 gimping methods. I'll be here to call bullshit on that.

Airgap it.

>Cortana's search history.
I don't even have cortana on my Windows 10.

>Implying LTSB reverts your settings as well

rajesh will defend this.

i like how offended the win10 fag in this thread is.

>no internet
Yes you do
It does

And when does that happen? I never had LTSB/server 2016 GUI do that on me, and I did occasionally check the settings too.
If you are so paranoid find the registries leading to the group policies you want enforced, make a .reg file and run a batch file pointing to it with task scheduler using the highest privileges. Put cortana remnants into Applocker/SRP.

Check out Microsoft's own guide for controlling Windows 10 communication over the internet. Settings reset is a security feature.

>implying they weren't doing that all along
they're just now going public with it since people are apparently willing to get assfucked by microsoft

>non-free software
lol

My method will change the settings on every boot, hence it solves the problem
Also I have no idea which article you are talking about. Setting reset is only largely relevant to Windows 10 CB and CBB while upgrading builds

>Setting reset is only largely relevant to Windows 10 CB and CBB while upgrading builds
kek no
not anymore
Especially not since Anniversary

>registry editing
It's called the group policy editor.

Cortana disabled. All of ad and suggestion bullshit disabled as well.
Telemetry level set to 0. That means no telemetry unless you're using their security products.
Updates enabled but automatic restart is not allowed.

None of those settings have ever been reverted. All of those settings are well documented.

>That means no telemetry unless you're using their security products.
If you actually believe that, then run a packet inspector and see if that's actually the case
PROTIP: it's not
Every time you use the internal search feature, Windows automatically sends something to its servers. Every time you update or install a third party program, it sends something to its servers.
Almost everything you do within Windows, it sends something out to its servers.

OK, link me to that article, and I will see if your concerns are valid.

No I don't have it on Home Single Language.

You are

All binaries compiled with MSVC have telemetry injected into them. It's the first thing executed in your binary.
Do you really think a check box disables such crucial functionality?

>what is Windows server 2016

wtf I hate MS now

Another OS with telemetry.

>All binaries compiled with MSVC
Fixed in Visual studio update 3. Stop spreading false information.

>Fix
>implying it was a bug
Nice try, John Smith. How could you even trust such a company?

>what the fuck does microsoft think its fucking doing

Whatever it wants.

Monopolies sure are grand, huh?

I like how mentally retarded the mouth-breather in this post is.

The telemetry didn't even contain any meaningful info, why are you getting your panties in a bunch over something that was removed a long time ago? Or you're just packpedaling since you were fed false info?