Thoughts ?

Thoughts ?

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxfoundation.org/announcements/microsoft-fortifies-commitment-to-open-source-becomes-linux-foundation-platinum?utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Source
linuxfoundation.org/announcements/microsoft-fortifies-commitment-to-open-source-becomes-linux-foundation-platinum?utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Microsoft had better concentrate on improving Windows and letting Linux be. But I get it that's nearly impossible with the direction they've taken since 8.

That said, I like that they're open sourcing more and more of their .NET stuff. I dream of an open source Windows some day.

>That said, I like that they're open sourcing more and more of their .NET stuff. I dream of an open source Windows some day.

Microsoft will destroy Linux, this is their chance.

>facebook images
>using facebook
FUCK OFF already.

how by improving on it?

Linux has become a real competitor to windows, that's why.
Microsoft can't stand competition.

Is this supposed to be a while-loop or an if-statement? Also, variable names aren't to standard. C-.

>>using facebook
>FUCK OFF already.

That's where I saw it. I'm traveling and I do not have my computer with me, I just wanted to share some info.

I like the way you write.

How do you know what is FB's pattern for naming files?

Microsoft is one
Linux is one
Add them up and you get two
And two is less than three
Thus, it's factually correct

Embrace, Extend, Extinguish

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Good point.

In this case I think they're really talking about the kernel

Come on, I wanted to be edgy on purpose for a time.

fuck off

I love you too, user

A lie.

Once we see office for Linux, I'll consider it. Until then, this is just propaganda.

This.

Screenshot the comments pls

Pretty much this. I won't be moving to Linux until it runs games as well as Windows, Office support and optimized industry standard software such as Adobe Suite, Autodesk software and more upcoming UWP software.
Linux is still a fucking joke on the desktop platform.

Their try at operating system will be a clusterfuck and will utterly fail.
Linux wins.

It's a good thing there is OpenBSD to fall back to if they ruin Linux.

Ruining their own OS wasn't enough, huh.

This

Make the linux community dependent on MS stuff, then stop supporting it. They are making Windows better in some ways so when this happens some linux refugees will go back to windows and accept the botnet

Embrace and extend.

They're still extorting people with licenses e.g.: exFAT.

And it's easy to do. Look how much SystemD has gotten its tentacles into every aspect of Linux, so much so that even minor utilities list it as a requirement.

Ever heard of "Embrace, Extend, Extinguish"?

you fuck off, I love the interjection guy

what if
systemd was secretly funded by MS?

It's openly funded by Microsoft shell companies.

really?
it seems seems odd that while MS tried to "unify" Windows since W8 that suddenly same thing seems to be happening on Linux's side

Kind of...bullshit.

>ubuntu becomes botnet
>solus is botnet
>microsoft joins linux foundation
Coincidence?

I think we should let Microsoft be in charge of the kernel.

>Let's actively support anti-competitive practices!
>It's fine because i don't like the other platform anyway!

It's a way to justify they now supports linux on markets where they already lost hard, mostly a PR movement to not look like sore losers after all their past dirty deeds to their competitors. Their fanboys will believe them and spread the word anyway and the average Joe will not question that.

For me this propaganda will be true when:
1 - They either adopt and promote ODF as the default MSO format or if they release all the specifications for their OOXML variant to allow perfect compatibility with competing solutions.
2 - They update their programming tools in a way you can produce desktop programs that works on competing platforms without a lot of effort.
3 - They either drop DX12 and adopt Vulkan or they release completely DX to be implemented on competing platfomrs perfectly.

At this moment they have practically a monopoly on the desktop and if their products are so good they don't have anything to fear if they stop crippling the competition, right?

[THIS]nice quads
1-When
2-Hell
3-Freezes

I really dont think its things like systemD, I'd look more towards non-free programs or languages on linux

BSD it will be.

Guh-noo Linocks

Seriously everyone here uses Facebook or Twitter, unless you really lack of social interaction. Therefore you might have a problem.

Why posting this shitface everywhere?

embrace
extend
extinguish

woohoo!! Richard Stallman in the house!!..bore off.

>only ever talks to people over the internet
>thinks he's a social bird
Good one mate.

>Microsoft + Linux = Microsux :^)

I much rather have Apple collaborate with Linux and improve it like Darwin and bring back Unix.

M$ is garbage now.

You sir know your shit

>M$ is garbage now.
and apple always was

Microsoft was always garbage.

Literally a cancer on computing.

kek

NSA/GNU/Linux?

This cant be good...

Microsoft loves money.
Linux just happens to make money
(on the Microsoft Azure "cloud").

The only benefactor is Microsoft. MS has everything to gain, while Linux only loses in the long run.

EEE