Installing WoW on Linux Mint

I downloaded wine and the WoW setup and it goes to run the install process, but when you hit okay to confirm the install location, but it stays in that same screen. What should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/5978861022
polygon.com/gaming/2012/7/9/3146129/linux-diablo-3-ban
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install Solus.

>wow
>almost 2017
jesus fucking christ

>What should I do?
You stop playing gaymes and start working.

>What should I do?
use google

For battle.net games you need play on Linux. Just Google "WoW play on linux"

It's a great game.

Yeah, we should be playing all the hot new releases like Cuck Dogs 2: Dindu Edition instead.

>install gentoo

>Playing Blizzard games on Linux

Enjoy getting a perma ban for no reason when Blizzard says using Wine constitutes hacking.

Wait, what? How is Wine hacking?

I should try this with diablo 3 but eh. i have a dual boot not sure if it'd be worth it

Is this true at all?

Hearthstone got Wine support from the devs since the beginning.

read

Blizz monitors your system processes to look for any know hacking programs. they will ban linux users because they are unable to monitor that. they have been doing this since D2

No, just some shitposting retard. I've played WoW via Wine many times over the years. Works pretty well.

us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/5978861022
polygon.com/gaming/2012/7/9/3146129/linux-diablo-3-ban

Take the risk if you want. I wouldn't. Who's to say Blizzard won't start banning players for using Wine in other games if they're willing to do it in one.

>Bashiok wrote: "Playing the game on Linux, although not officially supported, will not get you banned – cheating will."

Glad we cleared that up.

Install PlayonLinux. Search for WoW in the catalog and install from there. It will make a proper virtual drive and install the required dependencies so your game runs.

I prefer you use Wine Staging 1.9.23 latest and enable CSMT for graphic support. Works well with most games.

>The players Polygon spoke to were adamant that they had not used any programs to help them cheat in the game. They all reported that the game had run flawlessly on their Linux computers for weeks before they suddenly received bans and were accused of using unauthorized third party software to give themselves an unfair advantage in the game.

I agree though. Running Blizzard games on Linux does count as cheating no matter what these scumbags claim.

Just goes to show you can never trust a Linux user.

Fucking Blizzard. After quitting Diablo 2, I have no interest in their new offerings which are all aimed at casual tablet mother fuckers.

Hearthstone, HotS and Diablo 3 are a fucking joke compared to old Blizzard games.

This is the same company that removed support for 21:9 monitors from Overwatch because they created an "unfair advantage" over players who don't have them.

Originally the game had great support for ultrawides, then it was removed, then it was added back but now instead of being a proper widescreen view it's the 16:9 view over a 21:9 screen so instead of gaining extra sight vertically you actually lose a gigantic portion of your vertical sight.

All this yet even actual competitive games like CS:GO have full support for ultrawides.

>tfw just pirated WoW and can run it with Wine with almost no configuration in Linux