Cheap 980ti at Amazon bitches

amazon.com/gp/product/B014PXHC6M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW GAMING ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling w/ Free Installed Backplate Graphics Card 06G-P4-4996-KR

Is this a good deal if I have a 680 with 2GB?

Or would it be better to wait until next year if and when the 1080 goes on a crazy sale like this?

>buying old Nvidia cards
>buying EVGA cards

wew

>putting your shitty referral link
Fuck off

$550 is cheap? Fucking moron, it goes for $300 on Craigslist

Also this EVGA is fucking trash. Recall after recall.

>550 dollars for an old card
I don't think so

>cheap
the 980ti retailed for 600 dollars last year this isn't cheap at all.

the 1070 is 450 dollars and performs as well as a980ti

Shalom goyim

Thank you for supporting Americas greatest ally.

Didn't EVGA used to be the good guys? I thought back during the 700 Series that people usually preferred them. Who's the new top dog for nvidia cards?

MSI is one of the better options but I don't know if they are the best.

Amazon were selling it direct for $300 when he posted the link. Must have sold out, because people are dumb as fuck.

If you can spend the extra buck, it's Asus. They are dominating the PC gaming market this year.

The EVGA 780Ti SC actually had instability problems. You had to down clock it if you wanted to run demanding games without blue screening. And it had coil whine. The 700 series for EVGA were probably the worst ever made

>performs worse than a 1070
>runs hotter than a 1070
>only 6gb of vram vs 8
>more expensive than a 1070
This is a terrible deal

Fuck no. Asus make good motherboards, but their graphics cards are overpriced shit and literally never the best at anything. Their coolers are bang average in terms of temperatures and noise. MSI's are better, Palit/Gainward's are better, Zotac's are better, Gigabyte's are better.

See

How is this dumb, may I ask?
Did EVGA really fall off the mark in recent times? I'm aware of the recent thing where 1070s were exploding due to some cheap manufacturing workarounds, but do those cheap practices exist with that?

Coming from a 680 with 2gb, and I may or may not have jumped on this sale.

I have both my Asus 1080's on a water block so I can't really say much in terms of stock temps but Asus does have the highest stock clock and great customer service. Dealing with MSI support is fucking abysmal.

Zotac and Gigabyte are a fucking meme, gtfo.

EVGA's last-gen cooler (ACX 2.0) was pretty shit. Hot and loud as fuck, especially on the 980 Ti and its massive TDP. I owned a 980 Ti Classified for a while, which has a larger cooler than this version, and it's one of the loudest cards I've ever owned.

There were no issues with them exploding though, and a 980 Ti is still going to be a gigantic upgrade over a 680. You'd be far better off with a 1070 if you could stretch the extra money though.

I mean, if you're getting your first upgrade in years and spending $300, why not spend $400 and enjoy much lower power consumption, extra VRAM and actual driver support going forwards?

Just avoid EVGA if you do.

Ah, so you're some retarded gaymer child who watches LinusTechTips and buys big brands because they're THE BESTEST. Should have known when you started talking up Asus, because that's their entire fanbase.

>thinks I watch LinusVirginTips
>is a weeaboo
>recommends Zotac
kek

>overpriced as shit
Asus GPUs are cheaper than MSI you fucking mongoloid

I got a 1070 for $300 from a "friend"

Well, fuck...

I use EVGA 770 with this ACX and fans are whining on certain RPM ranges. I heard it's common problem. So yeah, it's probably shit for high-tdp ones.

I got used to it after almost an year of using it, but i think i'll replace it with some bitchin' accelero xtreme 3 someday. I enjoy spending money on cooling and peripherials more than on processing power parts anyway.

for 600 you might as well just get a gtx 1080

>$628
>cheap

fuck off

>cheap

I have a EVGA 970, thing is good for me. I plan on upgrading to a 1070 EVGA next year.