$500!==??!??!

$500!==??!??!

wccftech.com/amd-zen-8-core-35ghz-cpu-spotted/

FUCK YOU FUCK OFF AMD
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK I THOUGHT ZEN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CHEAPER

Fucking AMDshit needs to die already

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/chart/AMD#eyJjb21wYXJpc29ucyI6Ik5WREEiLCJjb21wYXJpc29uc0NvbG9ycyI6IiMxYWM1NjciLCJjb21wYXJpc29uc0dob3N0aW5nIjoiMCIsImNvbXBhcmlzb25zV2lkdGhzIjoiNCIsIm11bHRpQ29sb3JMaW5lIjpmYWxzZSwibGluZVdpZHRoIjoiNCIsImJvbGxpbmdlclVwcGVyQ29sb3IiOiIjZTIwMDgxIiwiYm9sbGluZ2VyTG93ZXJDb2xvciI6IiM5NTUyZmYiLCJtZmlMaW5lQ29sb3IiOiIjNDVlM2ZmIiwibWFjZERpdmVyZ2VuY2VDb2xvciI6IiNmZjdiMTIiLCJtYWNkTWFjZENvbG9yIjoiIzc4N2Q4MiIsIm1hY2RTaWduYWxDb2xvciI6IiMwMDAwMDAiLCJyc2lMaW5lQ29sb3IiOiIjZmZiNzAwIiwic3RvY2hLTGluZUNvbG9yIjoiI2ZmYjcwMCIsInN0b2NoRExpbmVDb2xvciI6IiM0NWUzZmYiLCJyYW5nZSI6IjNtbyJ9
youtube.com/watch?v=sT1fEohOOQ0
anandtech.com/show/10591/amd-zen-microarchiture-part-2-extracting-instructionlevel-parallelism/7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

$150!!!

BASED AMD DID IT

Hahaha poorfags btfo

I told you fags weeks ago a binned chip would be $500, absolutely no one responded.

AMD should rot away, Nvidia is 10 times more bigger

finance.yahoo.com/chart/AMD#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

Look at the projected cinebench benchmarks. The CPU is competing with a $1000 CPU.

If you want cheap, go with the 4/8 core CPU for $150 that is competing with Intels i3/i5/i7

Buy it now.

You will thank me later.

Delete this

>$150 4c8t (i7 equivalent)
>$250 6c12t
>$350 8c16t
>$450 8c16t

Intel's 8c16t is $1000+
Intel's 6c16t is $430+

So half the price, not so bad.

Its market cap is nowhere close to being 10 times larger and Nvidia has a higher stock price than Intel and Qualcomm combined, what do you think that means?

How am I supposed to respond when you clowns bitch when AMD makes itself look like a 'poorfag' brand and then flip your shit when it puts out a premium product?

Im waiting until the performance benchmarks come out. Pricing is irrelevant until then.

>headline is $500 Zen chip beats $1000 Intel chip
>ohmahgad so expensive

even if we forget your utter retardation those are still leaks and should be disregarded

Intel's EX line is 130W, isn't it? How can a 95W part compete even if it has the same number of threads?

Is the 130W TDP on Intel under AVX loads?

Intel's TDP calculations are ultra retarded, you get situations like 15W ULVs using around 40 watts.

Their ratings get less silly when you approach HPC Xeon wattage levels, since don't fuck with those, but for consumer crap their TDP numbers are pure nonsense.

>AVX
Absolutely no one is using avx right now, friendo
(Knights ridge is the only one)

Haha great meme friend

Shit do use AVX if you compile your shit with the right USE flags.

>NEW GENERATION BEATS OLD GENERATION

STOP THE PRESSES!!
AMD HAS INVENTED HOT WATER, HOLY SHIT

Retarded stupid AMD shills

500$ is binned chip you faggot

Specifically, what cpu do you have that uses avx?

You can cry all you want until Skylake-EX comes out, somewhere in Q4 2017.
Meanwhile, Zen is releasing in about 6-7 weeks.

Oh wow, so they are finally catching up to a 5820 after all this time? And it only takes 8 cores for amd?

AYYYYMD POOJEETS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>muh $300 octa core

On the machine from where I am writing this post a Xeon v3, which supports both AVX and AVX2.

hahahahaha

so much for being the affordable line up

I CAN BUY A $100 IVY BRIDGE 8 CORE FUCK OFF AMD FUCK OFFFFF

FUCK YOU AMD FUCK YOU PIECES OF POO IN LOO SHIT ZEN IS A FLOP ZEN IS A FLOP ZEN IS A FLOP ZEN IS A FLOP !!!!!

But not 512

>false flagging poojeet

Go away Sup Forums, and take your idiot circus freak with you.

And your point is exactly?

intel fags on suicide watch

Haha retarded AMPOOR(IAMPOOR) shill Intel has Zen level performance for years already get a clue retard shill

Actually I am looking forward to replace my aging Xeon v3 with one of those bad motherfuckers from AMD if they prove themselves worth something.

so zen has haswell ipc?

>there are retards ITT right now who thought amd would offer true octa core for less than $500
Bulldozer isn't octa core and that's why it's so cheap, retards.

What was your point in bringing up avx in the first place?

IPC-wise, we don't know. That is the bare minimum at least to expect but I think we can expect between Broadwell and Skylake levels of IPC.

That's where you're wrong. Off the top of my head, Blender will use AVX if you have it available for rendering and Prime95 started using AVX since version 27. FMA is not something you will pass up if avalible on computationally expensive workloads which is why Intel has been adding it to their chips since the Sandy Bridge days.

They're offering 8c16t for $350, if the leak is true.

>Broadwell and Skylake levels of IPC
AHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAH
fucking shill

Compared to the 1000$ for a comparable Intel chip its a goddamn steal.

There's a model for $350 usd with slightly lower clock speeds

At 500 USD buying opterons will probably make more sense...

>$450
>Lower single-thread performance than a Kabylake Pentium

Pentiums can clock high as fuck because low coar count

I want to see what frequencies a dual core zen can reach

512 it should be implied avx is being used since everything has that.

>half the price of similar benched intel processor
>still complaining
Poor people remain poor.

Intel and nvidia will go bankrupt

> I THOUGHT ZEN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CHEAPER

"Zen" is not a line of chips, it is a micro architecture.
Summit Ridge is the consumer CPU line.
Lisa Su said in an investor meeting that their upcoming parts would have a higher ASP than previous FX parts.
This is after she gave a little speech saying that AMD was done being the budget alternative.

Summit Ridge is aimed at competing with the i7E line of prosumer chips from intel.
AMD's mainstream competitor to the higher clocked i5/i7 SKUs is their upcoming Raven Ridge APU line.

IPC isn't a single thing, it depends on the instructions you're processing.
Clock for clock we know that a Zen core is roughly equal when rendering a scene in Blender.
Leaked SiSoft Sandra results show pretty decent performance as well.

What we know is that AMD touted average IPC to be a 40% uplift over Excavator, and that puts it all over the place. Performance in certain metrics could only be on par with Sandy Bridge, while its clearly quite higher in other areas as shown in the Blender comparison.

The i7E parts tend to draw a bit less than their TDP under normal load. They'll usually hover around 110-130w. In the newer chips they have an entirely different boost state with separate clocks specifically for large AVX instructions. The data paths ways pull so much power that you can actually see them physically switch on in a thermal image.

Zen cores are not as big as intel's Core i arch, they flat out have less transistors. Zen won't be competitive with intel's arch across the board in everything as a result. Thats how they're getting away with an 8core/16thread chip that only has a 95w TDP.

>make expensive chip
FUCKING FAGGOTS NOBODY WILL BUY IT
>make poorfag chip
FUCKING FAGGOT POORFAGS

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

Haswell -> Broadwell -> Skylake
Count up all of them and you get around a grand total of 12% IPC improvement in non-synthetic integer loads.

you mean 6%?

I'm being generous.

But it's less than half the performance due to the sub 3.0GHz clock speed.
D
O
AMD

This, ZEN will have 2.5GHz base and 3.0 Boost if you knew anything about CPUs you'd know this fact

Cute shitposts, children.

Even the experts at realworldtech think so, tech illiterate retard

Summit Ridge is clocked over 3ghz with the same energy required per clock as Excavator.
Again: Cute shitpost.

Kek, no.
That's completely and ignorantly wrong.

When AMD showed off their 3ghz Summit Ridge competing with and out performing 3ghz Broadwell-E they told the press that final silicon would have higher clocks.
A few weeks later another ES surfaced online with a 3.15ghz base clock, and even higher turbo.

These are objective facts.
So yet again: Cute shitpost.

>4core/8 thread Zen is 150 bucks
Thank you based Keller

certified shitwrecker

Goddamn right.

8C16T - 3.2/3.5 - 95W
6C12T - 3.4/3.8 - 95W
4C8T - 3.6/4.0 - 65W

I hope i can undervolt these to hell.

With a Zen core pulling 10w~ for a stable 3-3.2ghz clock, they should pull only 7w for 2.8ghz following Excavator's clock scaling.
A 95w chip will turn into a 65w chip without a sweat. They should scale down even further than that.

The 4 die Opteron MCM will probably be clocked around 2.2-2.5ghz, and that power envelope is just 3w to 5w per core.
Consumer Summit Ridge should make for a solid competitor against intel's Xeon-D family, and their socketed instead of being soldered.

I remember user. AMD needs this though. People just want them to be bargain-bin cheap shit again. Zen is good.

There are 5 more expensive processors from Intel on that list. Eat shit and die you Intel jewish defence force.

This
Zens competition is the low clocked xeons with a dozen cores

I'm way more interested in 4 core APUs for mobile if IPC gets close to Haswell.
Because then I won't have to deal with Intel's garbage 3D drivers and even worse performance.

are these any better than a 2500k or is this just some multi-core budget trash they hand out to Disney animators in Korea ?

There are samples out with 3.2 Ghz clocks.

>8 core
>3.2 base clock
>he actually believes this
Kek

Why are you niggers assuming clockspeed when you don't even know how wide the core is, how many stages the pipeline is nor do you know what process GloFo is using.

Are you fucking retarded.

>Why are you niggers assuming clockspeed
We've seen engineering samples, and AMD themselves explicitly said they'd have chips clocked higher than 3ghz.

>you don't even know how wide the core is,
We have known how wide the core is for a year. Do you live under a fucking rock? Rhetorical question.
AMD detailed the arch at HotChips too which put to rest any doubt.

> nor do you know what process GloFo is using.
Its Samsung and GloFos shared 14nm LPP.

Why did you even make this post when you're clearly the most ignorant one here?

How much instructions and retires can a zen core do per clock cycle?

Listen to the HotChips presentation.
youtube.com/watch?v=sT1fEohOOQ0

Watch this ad
I'll just wait for benchmarks to come out and the inevitable excuse of why zen isn't as good as "between skylake and broadwell-E" in single thread like Sup Forums promised

anandtech.com/show/10591/amd-zen-microarchiture-part-2-extracting-instructionlevel-parallelism/7

There's a table there.

>a technical presentation is an advertisement!

Beg for information then turn your nose up at exactly what you asked for.
You're a butthurt retard.

>zen isn't as good as "between skylake and broadwell-E" in single thread like Sup Forums promised
No one but retards on par with you have made these claims.

You have to be some kind of mental patient to listen seriously to what Sup Forums tells you.

Judging by the "better than 40% IPC increase" it's around Haswell levels of IPC. Even if ends up slightly lower clocked than Kaby Lake it will completely blow away anything Intel has because you get an 8 core Zen for the price of a 4 core Intel.

There's 3 architectures after Haswell, each one improves performance by at least 10%, do the math.

Why not?

That would be the same as the 6900k

the only thing I'm having trouble believe is that TDP

>anything sub 4Ghz
Not sure what you kids are trying to do but it's kinda cute.

What are you talking about you retarded fuck.

the simple math is that a 3GHz 8 core Haswell is currently selling for $1000 and completely blows away any Skylake or Kaby Lake quadcore.
Zen is going to sell the exact same thing for half the price

Broadwell was a 2-3% uplift over Haswell in most ops.
Skylake was again about 3% uplift over Broadwell.

Intel has not been providing 10% performance uplifts generation over generation unless you exclusively looked at synthetic specific FPU ops.

1D3201A2M88F3_35/32_N

Valid ID string from Summit Ridge samples that have been sent out to OEMs.

It 3.5ghz turbo, 3.2ghz base clock, and its still 95w TDP.
They have a relatively low TDP for the core count because the cores aren't as big as intel's. AMD's Zen won't be competitive across the board vs intel's cores.
They're smaller, lower transistor count, and don't have nearly as big of an FPU. They don't have native 256bit data paths at all.
Thats why they can manage the lower TDP.

We can expect a new turbo from AMD, but how is it gonna work? It says 3.5, but for what? Only a single core? Two cores?
Is there any chance of going higher than the specified turbo in some lightly threaded single core workloads like Intel does?

This is pretty important.

They emphasized highly articulate gating of unused hardware resources to save power. Socket AM4 also has the strictest tolerances on power delivery of any thing AMD has ever put out there.
I assume they'll allow a single CCX to be active in an 8 core chip in more serial workloads. Gating off a full CCX and allowing 1-4 cores to clock higher and take full advantage of that remaining thermal margin.

They haven't gone over any exact details on their boost states yet, though they are already doing this in Excavator which can shut down a module as well as part of its L2 to save power.

Worth mentioning is that idle power draw is supposed to be very low.

>Is there any chance of going higher than the specified turbo in some lightly threaded single core workloads like Intel does?

This is only a feature of Turbo Core 3.0, which Kaby Lake lacks for whatever reason.

I have a feeling that the 500$ model is going to perform nearly exactly like the 6800k, not like it's equivalent in the core count, the 6900k.

It would be great to see these guys wreck Intel and to push them to compete, but AMD has given me little reason to believe that they could pull that off.
Hope the certified shitwrecker did his job properly and performed a miracle.

The unlocked i3's and 6 core mainstream parts on Intel's roadmap pretty much show Intel doesn't consider Zen a joke like the Bulldozer derivatives.

go fuck yourself, we want a competitor to intel, even if it means higher than poorfag prices

amd almost got fucked because it only made cheap turds to attend to poor people instead of focusing on performance

It's not just about the high end. Intel has completely neglegted the lower end of the market. No improvement since Sandy Bridge.
That's where Zen is really going to wreck shit.

It's still a MCM design, the more cores it stacks up the more they'll fall behind monolithic Intel dies due to inteconnect overhead and coherency.

This has me really worried.

user, go home. You're drunk.
Consumer Summit Ridge is a single die, only the Opterons have an MCM package.
You have literally no idea what sort of interconnect fabric they have. They aren't using a derivative of HypterTransports, its entirely new IP, and they have stated that its fully coherent.

Concern trolling is the shittiest form of shitposting.

>unlocked 4C/8T for $150

Shieeet, even if the IPC is only around Sandy Bridge levels, that's going to be a great chip for poorfags.

I'm not worried about Summit Ridge, I'm worried about Naples.

Also you're right about me being drunk, I played Dead Space drunk on homemade wine.
Holy shit what a blast.