What's your opinion on extended batteries

What's your opinion on extended batteries

I've got a 6000mah battery on my S4 right now, I love it desu senpai.

good

Seems unnecessary to me and adds a lot of bulk to the phone. My battery easily lasts me several days on a single charge already.

What phone?

The cases are ugly as all fuck. I wish manufacturers just got over making the phones thinner and gave us bigger batteries.

Like srsly, who the fuck needs

Galaxy S5.

Though I'll admit I'm not exactly a heavy user of my phone, so if you're constantly on it all day of course your battery life will be less. Still as long as you can use it for a full day and charge it before you go to bed I don't see a reason to worry too much.

>my battery lasts forever dude big battery is meme
>well I-I only use m-my phone to text my mom to come pick me up after I'm done work

What's your problem, fag?

just buy an external power brick and charge when not using.

Cell quality can be shit depending on manu and makes your phone a permanent brick

are they fucking serious with that fprint reader cutout? That is the BEST meem I have seen all day

just get one of those xiaomeme external batteries instead of adding bulk to your phone.

I dunno.. they're kinda cool, I guess.

autistic as fuck

They're great, OP, as long as you don't wear overly tight pants.
>Galaxy S5
>Zerolemon 8500 mAh
>Lasts a week when I don't use it much, lasts about half of that when I do.
>Feels much more premium/solid than the base phone, or any phone case I've ever felt, including Otterboxes.
>Standing the phone on its side is fun
>Doubles as a self defense weapon

I have that zerolemon case for the 6p and it's ok
I don't like the weight distribution - the battery makes it bottom heavy and difficult to use w/ one hand in normal portrait orientation. I wish they'd moved the battery up and covered the finger print reader, I never use it anyway

>apple
>makes it thinner
>buy it new
>external battery
>original size restored
>same phone
>apple makes $100
>genius

You can kill a man with that brick!

it's necessary or my iPhone 4S won't last half the day
And I'm being 100% serious

>And I'm being 100% serious
as if that's unbelievable for your ancient itoy

>not just buying a bigger phone

i had treo 680 (which was, like, 1.5cm thick alone) with extended battery. It was cool.

If i would fail as a consumer (oh no) and buy phone with bad battery life, i'd rahter carry small powerbank than battery case.

>2006
>nokia: "Here look at that sweet tech we designed!"
>consumers: "what's this fucking shit, who needs that. in 10 years we are going to have nuclear reactors in our phones and charging is no longer needed"
>nokia: "ok then, but we have the patent for it so don't even try to sell one yourself"

>2016
>every single shitty meme company makes external battery packs.
>no fucks given about the patent
>billions of dollars that nokia could've got from it.

Dear Stephen Elop,
please stream your death live on TV.

Why doesn't Nokia enforce the patent then?

if they could have enforced the patent they would have. Multinationals don't simply "forget" about IP they're sitting on. You're missing some crucial detail from your understanding of the patent Nokia holds and how it applies to the market

>You're missing some crucial detail
Which is?

no idea, don''t feel like reading into it.
Just saying, Nokia didn't just forget about its IP

Looking at how nokia was on the inside in its duying days its plausible that they just didnt do it.

possible although I would think they would have incentive to enforce patents that are that broad in scope in the hopes of milking some money

seems like cell phone companies have this management disease that goes around

Nokia had it and so did Blackberry.

but they sell the new one as "thinner", so you upgrade. then apple makes another $100 off an external battery pack.

Note 4 zerolemon 10000mah reporting in.

They justify the OEM skimping on battery size because the autists would just recommend extended batteries. Glad my Xiaomi phone with 4100mAh battery doesn't have this problem.

Does it turn into an IED?