Hi, litizen here, they told me maybe you guys would be more helpful...

Hi, litizen here, they told me maybe you guys would be more helpful, I was thinking about buying an e-reader but I know knothing about it,
Thread in question. Any help, oh, mechanical gods?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rsJizVAMpDQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First, you need to mention a price point.
Second, is the board for consumer/technical support.

Thank you for visiting, and read the rules next time.

This is fucking kafkanian

nigger, stop pretending like this isn't a shitposting board

Ill bite since u got trips

Price range (also currency? Usd? Cad?) Any features you want in particular? Size?
What are u looking for in particular? If its just to read shit and u dont give a fuck any cheap pos will do

Expect flashing when turning pages to avoid ghosting

get a kobo, run custom firmware, google it

Hijacking this thread to ask how reading books on a tablet is. The Fire HD 8 is only $60 and that seems like a pretty good deal if it's any good for books with the occasional youtube video or whatever.

Look at Kobo. Last I checked, it supports a lot more standard formats, and whatever format it lacks, you can convert with something like calibre.

I think most of the Amazon and Barnes and Noble ones use only proprietary e reader formats. You can convert to them, mind you, but it can be a pain in the ass. The price is cheaper I believe. I'll let some more user chime in though. I'd love to get one but for now I just use a nexus 7 since it can read Manga too, and eye strain doesn't bother me

Never had a problem converting anything for my Kindle with calibre desu.

try converting comics

what benefits bring custom fw on the Kobo? I'm in the same path of OP, and I'm between a Kobo Glo HD or a PW3 (being the second one more expensive on my country).

also, is there any solution for the laggy PDF browsing on a Kobo? Koreader maybe? Do Koreader improve this?

bump

>Do Koreader improve this?
Yes. youtube.com/watch?v=rsJizVAMpDQ

This is the best video I could find on this, so you can see for yourself.

>vanilla kobo pdf reader
5:13 - 9:10

>koreader
21:30 30:40

I literally bought a Kobo Glo HD. Am I going to regret this? I'm currently using a Kindle Touch (the first generation of Touch) So I was looking for a ereader with light.

bump

No. Kobos are very solid. I'm still using the original and it has sent broken or deteriorated. The glo has a nice backlight

The Sony DPT-S1 is the best you can buy but also by far the most expensive. There's been some rumors of incoming competition for years now but nothing has hit the market.

Other than that pretty much any device currently on the market will do fine if you don't plan on modding the shit out of it. Get a backlit one if you've got the cash, it's a handy thing to have.

I notice the glo HD has shit reviews on Amazon...seems suspicious...

HIJACK!

Does anyone currently sell a cheap 10" reader?

Course it has shit reviews on Amazon, the kindle is Amazon's baby.
You really think they aren't going to fudge the reviews?
Check reviews from a non-amazon site.

In the real world, the Kobo is a superior piece of kit. No Amazon malware, support for filetypes other than .mobi, and expandable storage.
As for the screen and backlight quality the Kindle isn't any worse than the kobo.