>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114052&cm_re=mechanical_keyboard-_-23-114-052-_-Product
amazon.com/dp/B015MPQQ0A?psc=1
ncix.com/detail/corsair-gaming-strafe-mechanical-gaming-e6-111291.htm
informatica.mercadolivre.com.br/teclados/
amazon.com/dp/B00U3LM0TU/
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-88-key-iso-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html
ebay.com/itm/120Pcs-Silicone-Rubber-O-Ring-Switch-Dampeners-White-For-Cherry-MX-Keyboard-/271793918306?hash=item3f482e1162:g:mYYAAOSwBahU9ex3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

any new pics? it seems like you've been working on the same shit for months

>mfw waiting for my new keyboard in the mail

WHAT KEYBOARD

Painfully long wait for my Beamspring and my Model FSSK internals.

Not really related to keyboards, but I've been working on designing a new case for my rig.
Currently making a phone-charging-stand/figurine-stand/cable-organizer/pen-holder type of thing for the standing desk.

3D printer should be here tomorrow. I should order some stuff from alie and see about milling keyboard PCBs. Shit's going to get fun from here on.

Hence, I haven't bothered taking any new pictures, there's not much to show yet, except for some CAD files.

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114052&cm_re=mechanical_keyboard-_-23-114-052-_-Product

Does 60$ (CAD) seem like a good price for this memeboard?

>razer
No

Refurbished and razer
might as well just get a Chinese keyboard from amazon.
amazon.com/dp/B015MPQQ0A?psc=1

>tfw hasu Bluetooth controller and a battery would cost like a new keyboard

Thinking about getting someone a wireless keyboard as a gift.
>budget
~$50USD
>location
USA
>switch type
probably brown or clear switches
>layout
standard US
>form factor
something compact, needs 5 rows
>backlight
preferred, not necessary
>what I'm currently looking at
amazon /dp/B01H6DNIHU

New keys.

i'm hungry

if you know how to solder and program then you can get both for super cheap
it's a matter of choices, do you want to put in the time yourself or have someone else do it for you

ncix.com/detail/corsair-gaming-strafe-mechanical-gaming-e6-111291.htm

What about this one? I get to choose which key type.

incredibly irritating LEDs

actually makes me angry

no

>I get to choose which key type
What a privilege

I just noticed how retardly think that solder is.

Looks like I've got just the keyboard for you

You like it thicc?

>dumb small form factor keyboard
>huge case
>costar stabilizers
Jesus. Just burn it.

It's the keyboard I'm using right now. The LEDs are a bit irritating but it's nonetheless a good keyboard

looks like someone is jealous

here (you) go

If it's not a fullsize it's a kids toy.

fuck numpads

Why would I use a keyboard with a numpad when I don't need one?

to be fair the SSK does have a numpad over the left side of the alphas. Its not dedicated, but it still works

numpads are simply the bees knees, user

>Budget
Preferably under 80$

>Location (continent at least)
Brazil

>Form factor
100%

>Backlight
Yes

I'd like to start using mechanical keyboards, but have no idea of what I should buy. I would like to buy from China. Should I ask on /csg/ instead?

I see you like proper man-sized keyboards

Why do you insist on making a physical keyboard look like something on a smartphone or tablet screen.

>Brazil
>Backlight
>80$
Not gonna happen, but maybe you can find something nice here
informatica.mercadolivre.com.br/teclados/

Because my smartphone has one of the best displays on the market.

Must be a tablet baby thing I guess.

pretty much all non fullsize keyboards have this

>I would like to buy from China

I wish.

Doing CAD on a tablet with a pen seems like it'd be comfy as shit.

>I would like to buy from China
Not gonna happen either

Why would someone carry around a full size keyboard if they are only gonna type some scientific review papers on their tablet. Seem like its a huge wast of space and it just makes you look silly

Why would you be carrying a keyboard around in the first place?
Oh your picture explains it... Hipstershit / late 90s 2000s kids.

what keyboard is that i want to know thank you very much

get with the times gramps. no one wants to carry around a six pound laptop. I'm perfectly fine with a tablet and a v60 with matias qc switches

its a noppoo choc mini.
why do you want to thank me?

I swear that generation is fucked. How is that remotely convenient? Is it a fashion statement? Do you have special designer keyboard bags too?

Its convenient because I can carry everything with me on one device. The onscreen keyboard sucks for long typing secession so that is why a small and compact mechanical keyboard is perfect.

>Do you have special designer keyboard bags too?
Do you think everyone with a mechanical keyboard is a hipster? I just carry it around in a laptop bag that my dad gave me.

because im looking for a new keyboard and these are the keyboards i currently have and that keyboard looks very nice

whats the best keyboard I can get with some programmable keys + leds while not going too much toward ricer

You don't care about cost? Just buy a custom kit and build your own, and you can program the firmware yourself.

Ducky One backlit version.
There is a One on massdrop for 90 bucks, but it has no back light

pok3r

Everyone with those dumb small form factor keyboards is a hipster by definition.

big deal every laptop has a small form factor keyboard, and my v60 is the perfect length to match my tablet.
Why should I have to carry around a 17 inch desktop replacement when a medium sized tablet is fine?

You can use the laptop's keyboard? Crazy idea I know.

So whats the difference from using a tablet and a small keyboard. You can walk into my office and see dozens of people with ipads and small wireless keyboard. The only difference is that mine is quieter and happens to be mechanical. My supervisor uses an android tablet and a bluetooth keyboard, and she is almost twice my age at 58. Technology progress user, and bitching about the good old days just makes you look like a fag.

>bluetooth keyboards
Stop

>Technology progress user
By using tech from the 80s. Ya don't think you understand what progress means.

Whether you like it or not that is how life is progressing. You may dislike it, but there is nothing you can do about it.

it's not mechanical but it is a meme so I thought I'd ask here
Is this G13 worth a damn? It looks super comfy and I could play and masturbate at the same time, if I can macro key shortcuts or to software functions it'd be god tier, when I used MIDI buttonpads for macros I loved it
$68, or is there better options? Can I mouse with it? Or are these things just a meme?

I can make fun of it. It's not like mobile computers are a new thing. Only recently did you hipsters find a "need" for these small keyboards.

>Only recently did you hipsters find a "need" for these small keyboards.
Small keyboards have existed since the 80s user. These 60% keyboards are nothing new. The old ii c keyboards were also 60% and those came out in 1984

now that thing looks retarded

They weren't carried around. They were used at terminals and small environments.

Out of curiosity, what are my options if i go wireless?

anyone know what brand/type of keyboard this is?

keys felt really clicky

You are kind of right. They were designed to be small enough that you could take it from your job to your home and continue working. Not like a laptop since you had to be constantly plugged in to work, and the monitor couldn't be carried around. They were super expensive and not many people bought them, but they were still a success that they eventually turned them into laptops.

can you take pic of the back?

I'm talking about laptops in the 90s.
In the 80s you had those "mobile" computer but weren't really mobile.

But so did my launchpad and I loved it
I just want to know if I can mouse with it, if there's any immediate issues I need to know about these things
It looks a lot more comfy than trying to smash my wrist into a keyboard

:^)

Not right now. Oh well

I regret buying this keyboard

My dad was a systems analyst back in the 80s, so growing up I was exposed to all this weird computer technology. There was definitely a fad for small computers and keyboards before laptops were really a thing, like those mobile, but not really computers. So saying that this is something new is completely wrong. 60% keyboards have been around since before I was, and maybe even before you were born.

And this one looks even comfier
I don't care if I look like a razer retard with my first LED, if this input is better than my left hand on a keyboard I want it

This also has a mechanical variant for $100 more but I'm sure you guys would rather save money

I said they were 80s tech already. Their use as mobile devices is new.

>Their use as mobile devices is new
It is 80s tech and its use as a mobile device isn't new.
Take a look at pic related. It isn't a computer, but you use it to dial up to the mainframe and you can access it from home

see
I addressed this.

In the 80s you could use that thing at your local diner to work while eating your breakfast, and my dad's friend used to do that. So how is that different from today where people use tablets and small keyboards at their local cafe.

You see what I'm saying is that nothing has really changed in the past 30 years, its just that the technology has progressed and things look different, but they still serve the same exact function.

Does a 75% iso keyboard exist? I'm tempted to try 60% but I think I'll miss Fkeys and PrintScn too much

>Budget
$50-$100
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
I'll leave this up to you
>Layout
qwerty
>Form factor
80%
>Backlight
yes
>Previous/current keyboards
no-name chink shit

You NEEDED to have that keyboard.

A laptop doesn't need an external keyboard. I never knew of anyone in the 90s that carried a laptop and a keyboard.

I'm not a tablet baby so tablets are already piece of shit hardware to me.

you mean something like this. Its a bit old, but if you don't mind uses 90s keyboards then go for it

how about tesoro excalibur spectrum g7sFl
amazon.com/dp/B00U3LM0TU/
it's cheap

If you want TKL then cooler master has a whole slew of options in that budget.

Yeah that would be perfect but I want cherry switches for keycaps

then how about the noppoo choc mini.
There is now a group buy that is selling keycap sets for it, but it ends in 4 days so you have to be quick.

Now you just sound like a shitposter.
Maybe this is the safe space for you

>safe space
That's your generation's word.

Doesn't come in ISO, I just saw this though

wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-88-key-iso-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html

Ideally I'd want it in white so I'll keep looking for now

that's not 75%. If you want TKL then that opens up a whole bunch of options.

Oh I'm retarded, I do want 75% I'm just sleepy, I might have to go for a TKL though if it's not obtainable

I'm not a millennial since I was born before 85, but it really does seem that you belong here I'm just trying to be helpful that's all

Because I like fullsize boards you're directing me to the thinkpad general?

>born before 85
Somehow I have my doubts. Seeing as all those anime pics are all of anime well into the late 2000s and later.

calm down nigger

no-one gives a shit about your fetish for wasted space

Where did you get anime from? I haven't posted a single anime picture, and I'm directing you to the thinkpad general because you don't like ultrabooks, convertibles, and smart devices.

where can i get dental bands instead of o-rings if i dont have braces

$120
US
Something linear and heavier than cherry reds, clones are fine, I've heard gaterons are decent
qwerty
Full size
Backlight doesn't matter
Currently using a corsair k90

>itoddlers, tablet babies, touchshit

yup that looks like /tpg/ material to me

o-rings are like a dollar on ebay.
ebay.com/itm/120Pcs-Silicone-Rubber-O-Ring-Switch-Dampeners-White-For-Cherry-MX-Keyboard-/271793918306?hash=item3f482e1162:g:mYYAAOSwBahU9ex3

Ya nobody ever posts anime figures or manga next to their keyboards in mkg.. Nope never.
You seem offended tablet baby.