How fucked am i

how fucked am i
so i just spilled some water and it fell into the top of my gaymen machine
it blue screened and i quickly unplugged it
i tried to dry it off and stuff but it didnt seem to want to turn on
please help what do

have you tried turning it on and off again?

How the Fuck did water get into the topping of your computer when it's on your desk?

because he's probably mentally retarded

yes i was being retarded and i spilled a bottle of water on my desk and some spilled into the top of my fans so yea

i took it apart now some of the ports wasnt too wet but im kinda scared so like should i wait for it to dry and put it back later or

Throw it out
Get a new one
Don't leave it under your desk like a retard

it blue screened immediately? Is that what usually happens with this?

i dont think a lot got in there but i could be wrong , like once i realized what had happened i got up to unplug it and it blue screened befor i could so like a couple seconds after i guess

Try to see which parts are fucked. Might just be your video card as that sticks out a ton.

yeah the vid card slot itself felt a lil wet to the touch how do i check to see if it ll run agian

>tried to turn it back on before making sure it's 100% dry
Well if it wasn't already fucked you made sure it is now. Great job.

throw your CPU into another motherboard and see if it posts

i dont have another mothreboard laying around m8 :(((

I spilt a pint of scrumpy on my desktop. It splattered my gtx 780 and a drop hit the jumper pins for the power button. I dried it off and it's been working for two years since.
Just dry it off and give it a go.

it short circuited so its borked try to get a warranty claim going if you got one

shit happens...just dont say its water damage if you are filing your claim

well your money is going to be mainly in your CPU and GPU, better find a way to validate them without using your current MOBO/PSU

or if you are a NEET, disassemble everything, and i mean everything, minus your PSU, taking apart your PSU with your lack of experience could be dangerous

wait till it dries, like wait 6 hours. in the meantime unplug it from the wall and open the case so it dries faster. it most likely short circuited, which isnt a big deal unless something burnt out. just wait till it dries and i'll most likely work. if not then RMA.

>upgrading CPU

Well I upgraded mine so I could run ps2 and GameCube emulators without problems

alright thanks i have the mobo and gfx card out too

this is good advice, follow it.
Also fill the case with rice (not even joking). It will absorb any remaining liquid

Unless you have enough rice to fill a bathtub and fully cover the entire thing for 2-3 weeks, it's a waste of time and will do nothing.

I know it might sound silly in this situation, but have you tried installing Gentoo?

>gaymen machine
Everything will be alright man

If you turn it on without letting it dry it will be dead.

Wait a day or two and make sure its dry.

should i put my hardware stuff in rice like user said

No it will get caught in the heat sink and start a fire just be patient and let it dry and hope for the best

no put a bowl of rice inside your case (yes uncooked rice you idiot)

woah that was fast, you all kiddos better learn from that
>

My brother spilled a cup of water into his case a week after I built it. The only thing that broke was the Mobo, so I sent it back to Amazon and claimed it didn't work out of the box.