I can't find any output for playing ps1 games on here. All there is is an ANT plug. Can anyone help me...

I can't find any output for playing ps1 games on here. All there is is an ANT plug. Can anyone help me? This shouldn't NOT have composite.

Other urls found in this thread:

lowendmac.com/2007/the-truth-about-crts-and-shock-danger/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PIC 2

>This shouldn't NOT have composite.
It's not that unusual. If it were there, you'd probably see it.

You need an RF modulator to convert composite to RF (for the antenna input). Any VCR with a composite input (which is almost all of them made since the mid-1980s or so) will work also.

That's neat user.

Is that a T23?

It's a T42 with rare touchpad-less palm rest

The backlight went pink and the replacement I put in was terrible, the case started falling apart, and the GPU finally died a couple years ago and that was the end of that. RIP in piece old friend.

Are you in Australia?

what model Sony is that?

KV-9200

>This shouldn't NOT have composite.
And you think this because? If you weren't underage you'd realize most low end television sets from that time, hell up until the time CRT TVs were out of production, only had a cable input.

>1996

You need an RF modulator.

Cool 20 year old TV, OP.

>1996 was 20 years ago
damn

it's not that unusual for

Why do you live in the past?

Nice TV. How is the picture quality over an RF modulator? Is it heavy?

>How is the picture quality over an RF modulator?
It was fantastic from the PS3, but when hooked up to the T42 it was prone to picking up a lot of noise, particularly when the system was under heavy load. Not sure why.
>Is it heavy?
~30 lbs I think. It has a nice handle on top so it's pretty easy to carry around. I would classify it as a "semi-portable" TV since it's too large/heavy to be lugged around much and requires AC power to operate, but it was obviously intended to be moveable from room to room, maybe between the kitchen and dining area and possibly a bedroom.

>Why do you live in the past?
As a NEET I have to have cheap hobbies. Sometimes old stuff can be found cheap and I'm pretty good at selling stuff also. Overall I don't really make any profit but I can at least enjoy things while I have them and then break even afterwards and keep my little stash of holiday pity money stretching out for years.

I also strongly believe in not being wasteful and continuing to make use of good things rather than sending them to a landfill and using resources and creating pollution to build more throwaway junk.

I'm actually not as much into these kinds of old things as I used to be though. Right now I kind of feel like selling a bunch of things (including the Trinitron, while it still works and maybe someone else can enjoy it for a while) and starting fresh with a really minimalist lifestyle for a while.

You should try van/cardwelling. It can be cheap if you know what you're doing and it's great fun if you like the outdoors.

>if you like the outdoors
Not a huge fan really, but most of all I can't imagine living without a modern bathroom.

My parents don't mind me living with them anyway, though I'm sure they'd like me to get a job and help with some expenses. I may never get a job but I've at least managed to not ask them to pay for anything except necessities since about 8 years ago by keeping my hobby funds revolving.

>15 year old kids who never used CRTs find one and think it's a super mega thing and jerk off to it without knowing shit about it

You're the kind of faggot who makes people who are into /retro/ seem bad.

It would help if you were looking for an INPUT.

Could you explain your reasoning? I'm curious.

lol jesus

this is worse than apple dongles

one option is to modify it to take RGB input by hijacking the OSD chip (on screen display, what draws things like the channel number, menus, and teletext)
the ps1 outputs RGB as well

Isn't that dangerous?

from what i've read, the dangers of crts are really over-blown
just leave it unplugged for a while before opening, and stay away from the flyback transformer (the component attached to the side of the tube by a typically-red wire, it's hard to miss), and you should be good

for example;
lowendmac.com/2007/the-truth-about-crts-and-shock-danger/

Is there any way to go from VGA to RGB and basically connect my pc to a pvm?

if your pvm supports 31khz
not all do

VGA is RGB you faggot
kys

But if it doesn't then there's no chance?
I know I'm just asking so I don't buy the adapter for nothing

yes, VGA is RGBHV (seperate sync) and "RGB" is RGBS (composite sync)
all you need to do is;
1. combine the sync signals (sometimes you can even just connect the wires together, works on my tv)
2. configure your computer to output a 15KHz signal, suitable for a pvm/tv. typical VGA/computer monitors are 31KHz+, so you won't be able to use "out of the box" modes ("how" depends on the OS, driver, and card you're using, i'm personally using a 7850 in linux with the free radeonsi driver)

pic related (the usb cable is to apply power to the rgb enable pin in the scart connector)

>But if it doesn't then there's no chance?
scandoubler