My New Tv

LG - 49" - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV

good choice or shit?

shit

All TVs are the same nowadays... Anything bigger than 45" and 4K looks exactly the same.

this but get a +55''

Return that shit asap. LG LED tv's are trash. My dad's tv lasted less than 3 years before the main board got toasted. Repair costs more than the tv itself.

No.

Maybe good TV's, but cheap ones are garbage...

shit

best choice hands down:

Samsung
UN49KS8000
UN50KU6300

avoid OLED meanwhile, it's still in beta

OLED is also susceptible to burn in, just like Plasmas.

I work for a Samsung TV repair shop, and let me tell you we get a SHIT ton of calls.

Samsung is selling more than everyone else, but god damn. The TV repair industry was dwindling, but it's picked right back up again.

>Repair costs more than the tv itself.
That's gonna be true for most TVs these days if you dont do the labor yourself.
They're really only three parts, the Screen, Power board and Main board.

Plasma still remains the best TV type i've ever purchased.

Any time any minor burn in occurred a quick static refresh was all that was needed. With that in mind it always had extremely nice colors and blacks.

And no, i don't mean niggers.

Burn in is permanent, if you were able to get rid of it then it was still just retention at that point.

Problem with OLED and Plasma is that as the units get older, retention and burn in will occur faster

Not exactly true. Current LEDs have a few boards

Main Board
Power Supply
Screen
T-CON

Some have FRC's, or LED drives depending on how high end they are. Some Samsung units also have the One Connect box

I guess the burn in wasn't really burn in then.

That plasma lasted well.

Actual burn in is caused by the gas etching into the glass, retention is where the gases are just 'stuck' but can still be removed.

Just got a 6300 for $400 yesterday feels good know its not so shit. Also my god the screen looks beautiful

>All TVs are the same nowadays.
LG uses IPS displays and has low input-lag in general

>IPS
>low input-lag
pick one and only one you doofus.

Compared to VA, yes.

>buying a smart tv
if you want a smart tv, buy a dumb tv and connect it to a pc.

>dumb tv
Paying twice as much.

I have the 40" version. It's pretty awesome. Don't get to use 4k much as most things are rendered in 1080, but for those few movies i watched in 4k it was amazing.

Is 120Hz tv worth it?

I see some neat 60Hz 4k samsungs under $700, are they any good?

What media do you have that's over 60 FPS?

None, but apparently higher refresh rate (120/240) reduce shitty motion blur LED tvs tend to have.