FUCK MICROSOFT FUCK INTEL JEWS

Serioulsy. why is this shit allowed?

FUCK THE JEWS AT INTEL!!!!

theverge.com/2016/11/21/13703152/netflix-4k-pc-windows-support

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>watching 4k content
1080p is fine.

>watching movies on a computer

>b-buh-buh I don't want new hardware to stream live, through the fucking air, 4K resolution films and t.v. shows like fucking magic, wtf I hate intel now!!

Typical Jewtel.

WAIT
FOR
ZEN

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>forcing us to buy new intel chips to watch 4k content....

How are the apple jews and goyim taking this?

1080p master race

We just need to wait until they crack 4K blurays, then we won't have to deal with any of this

implying anyone would rip streams to upload to the internet when physical medium exists.

Can they actually stop screen recorders with this tech?
How the fuck would that work?

Assuming the newer macs have kaby lake, they could install Windows and run it fine...

>the goy
they don't care and will probably buy a chromecast like good goy.

thank god

Not if you have a 4k monitor

AACS 2.0 crack when?

Already happened.

>netflix
>4k

Literally who gives a fuck.

They can't, even if all this shit isn't cracked, the only actual effect it will have is making it so pirates will only have access to lossy to lossy transcodes, which is what 99.9% of pirates download as it is.

This.

Never, they currently haven't released the key to any of the software makers, and from what I have heard they will only allow UHD bluray playback on computers with TPM 2.0 modules, so brand new desktops that support TPM 2.0, or laptops with built in TPM 2.0 modules. The TPM gives your computer an encrypted trusted space to store encrypted keys (in this case for AACS 2.0)

If this happens it's highly unlikely you'll be able to ever get a crack.

Because only kaby natively supports h.265/hevc which would allow netflix to stream 4k content at a reasonable bandwidth. Not sure whats not to understand.

Well Nvidia touted Pascal as supporting the DRM for netflix 4k 6+ months ago.

If you have skylake and a brand new GTX 1070, which has 10-bit HEVC support AND is certified playready 3.0, yet because you have a skylake CPU, you can't watch 4k netflix even though your GPU is perfectly capable of playing back the content in a hardware sense.

and the rx 400 series

>Netflix
>4k premium content
My sides

AMD has no playready 3.0 support, and have never advertised such certifications. The 4xx series does have HEVC decoding, but only 8-bit I think.

So I either have to sell my 480 and get an intel/nvidia product?

I hate the world we live in.

How do you think Nvidia fags feel?

If they have a 6700k and GTX 1080 or 1070, 4k netflix wont work.

They need a 7000 series from intel which aren't even out yet for the desktop.

Are these fuckers seriously going to use HEVC for 4K? It's nowhere near mature enough to properly handle high-bitrate stuff.

Considering they're one of the larger members of the AOMedia group, I expect they'll switch to AV1 codec once it's finalized and released.

I'm getting real fuckin sick of all the DRM thats getting baked right into the damn hardware now.

'Oh you're hardware is perfectly capable of doing this task, but since you don't have our flavor of DRM chip we're not going to let you."

Lossless capture is possible, but not a lot of people have the hardware for it.

>not pirating netflix

>netflix

>Not using popcorn time

>Have 4790k @ 4.5
>Have GTX 980ti
>Have Windows 8.1

WHy the FUCK can't they just update the Windows 8.1 Netflix app to support 4k?

Fuck Intel, but I'm still strongly considering buying a new Intel processor for my new rig.

Well your GPU doesn't support HEVC decoding, so I can understand that. But even if you had a GTX 1070 which DOES support HEVC decoding AND is playready 3.0 certified, and you still wouldn't be able to watch 4k even though it easily could.

they CAN but they want to monetize on the 4K streams

They don't have Kaby lake

This is an idiotic move regardless of mac shit. Oh, you've got a Haswell Core i7 and a GTX 1080? Fuck you.

Realistically, how easy would it be to copy the stream even with this bullshit?
I feel they're going to all this trouble because holywood jews just wanna know they're constantly making "Piracy harder", but it'd still be dead easy to get a capture card working and ripping this shit.

I'm not a piratefag so I don't follow this shit closely but I wouldn't be shocked if there's already capture devices with HDMI 2.0 support given 4K Blu-ray players like the Xbox One S have been out for awhile.

Right, I meant to say that.

Yeah, you can still get a lossless capture, but you're getting the raw decoded output of a lossy transcode, so you'd have to transcode it to a lossless format to avoid further degrading the quality, which means much, much larger filesizes vs the original media for the exact same output.

>lossy transcode

should just be "lossy encode"

Just checked, yeah, there's already tones.
This shit is literally broken before it comes out, all it takes is one guy with a capture card to rip this shit, stopping normies from screen recording netflix in software is the most fucking pointless endeavor ever.
I almost feel like ripping all the 4K shit myself day 1 just to send netflix and the jews a message.

>using Netflix
Why, when torrents exist

Is there anything about popcorn time that is better than torrents?

It prioritizes early segments so that you can start watching it before it's done downloading (basically streaming), and you can even load any magnet or torrent with a video file and use it to do the same thing.

That's the main reason I use it anymore. I haven't been able to find anything else that did streaming as well as it.

>Serioulsy. why is this shit allowed?
Because DRM. The same story as always.

What I don't get is why they don't have their app support 4k.

>DRM
this is why streaming will always be shit. i'll just keep torrenting my 4K content. no DRM bullshit, no monthly fees, nothing.
i might even pay for a service where i can simply download DRM-free mkvs. but it doesn't exist.

Considering the NSA or some other 3 letter agency would demand a backdoor into tpm implementations it won't be long until someone exploits it.

They probably just use the exploits in ME.

>netflix
Good for me I don't watch shitty tv shows and movies. I have enough books and chinese cartoons to kill time.

Is there a good site for streaming/downloading 4K content or is pirate bay/KAT the way to go? Just got a 4K TV and am disappointed to see this happening.

True.

Been reading up on TPM and it's scary shit. With 2.0 bluetooth is required and the module allows remote code execution and geolocation through bluetooth mac address sniffing.

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES can't watch Netflix 4K because their hardware doesn't support PlayReady 3.0

The fact they don't even mention it in any Poolaris slides is pretty much a red flag

Nvidia has actually had HEVC 10-bit 4K playback support since Maxwell.
Pascal does it even better (Main 12 + Main 10 that Maxwell already supported).
(en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo)

Intel is two years late to the party but Jewed itself into a favorable position.

so when i upgrade to the GTX 1080 anyway ill have support for this? why are you making a big deal out of this OP?

What if you have a smart TV? The built-in Netflix app can play 4K, right?

Nothing of value was lost

does your "smart" tv have k-k-k-kaby lake? the most amazing thing to happen since dead hamsters?

Nvidia Pascal's hardware decoder is more advanced than previous gen and competitor's,
it supports 8K(8192 x 8192) hardware decoding for both HEVC & VP9 also in addition to supporting Main12

>4K on Netflix
>less bitrate than a 1080p blu ray

Kaby Lake supports HEVC Main10 and VP9 Profile2 10bit up to 8K, way more advanced than AYYMD's crap decoders

Skylake does not support Main10 so it can't handle Netflix 4K

but does the nvidia 10X0 series support main 10?

Nvidia supports Main10 & Main12, their decoder is more advanced than Intel which currently max out at Main10

Maxwell GM206 had Main10 support back in Jan 2015, Pascal has both Main10 & Main12 support this year

>watching netflix

fucking technologically inept people lol

alright so like i said once i get the 1080 ill have this ability anyway

>because it takes so much technical know how to setup kodi

Just upgrade to the new hardware, goyim. I know your old hardware works perfectly well, but don't you want to see all of (((our))) latest movies in 4k?!

>people are still clinging to the corpse of movie industry
Just go to a cinema.
>but muh series
Just kill yourself.

it does if you're a normie

i know normies who can't even install software on windows

If you use Netflix you're a
C U C K
U C K C
C K C U
K C U C

>using netflix
Just use plex and pirate your shit.

some total normie from work brought it up out of the blue had it setup with plugins and everything

Horseshit my i5 4690 has been playing x265 for the better part of a year

Stallman tried warning you. The only answer is Free Software. Prove me wrong.

Software decoding is not power efficient

Do you think I give a shit about that when I have a 390x house fire?

>streaming

NOT EVEN ONCE

>Serioulsy. why is this shit allowed?
>FUCK THE JEWS AT INTEL!!!!
You're probably a Chrome user that was completely fine with Google implementing DRM into HTML 5.

Who cares about power efficiency on a fucking desktop? Also gpus can be used for that, CPU is entirely irrelevant here. Except for hardware DRM which was explicitly stated.

No it didn't.

ive been watching 4k on PC for over a year now albeit downsampled to a 1080 tv and honestly i dont see any fucking difference from my hi birate rips or blu rays.

its a meme, at least currently.

There really isnt a difference unless you have a HDR/10bit TV

>tfw i torrent all my shit and never used Netflix and won't even try.

intel have little to do with this. blame hollywood for enforcing a particular hardware drm scheme. Intel just make bux off the fact that they can't possibly have put a DRM scheme that didn't exist into older processors.

HEVC Decode is only available for the GTX960.
Every other Maxwell 2 GPU like the GTX980, GTX 970 and so on can only do HEVC Encoding.

nvidiafags have had 4k netflix for ages though via the shield tv.

>going to
they already do, and it works fine enough for streaming. UHD Blurays use HEVC as well and doesn't seem to have an issue.

what prevents someone from capturing the data after it is decrypted but before it is decoded, so you just get the original lossy encode minus encryption?

>10-bit HEVC

Once again, animefags were years ahead of the curve. When will the scene and HDBits learn? How can animefucks still keep schooling them like this for years?

No, animufags don't do HEVC 10it, H.264 10bit is inferior junk that is incompatible with all hardware decoders and wastes power

HEVC has been a thing in the anime weeb scene for quite a while now, it was mainly used by release batch, nowadays some groups are using it for regular episodes releases too.

>gilmore girls
So it's basically conning soccer moms into buying overpriced shit.

Are you a soccer mom, OP?

i fucking hope he isnt i hate soccer moms

Gilmore Girls is pure kino, pleb.

Soccer mom spotted, 10 o'clock.

kill the cunt before she trys to pass some ridiculous ordinance about not having scary movies too loud

>tfw my laptop is equipped with TPM 2.0

Fucking fuck

>what prevents someone from capturing the data after it is decrypted but before it is decoded
Encrypted bus/communication. The entire chain up to the display device is "secure" meaning you can't capture the decrypted or decoded data. Which is why only the new kaby lake with built in DRM will be allowed to play this content.