Just works, I swear

>Just works, I swear
Fuck this shit I'm going back to Linux

How stupid do you have to be to fuck up windows?

Stupid enough to fall for bangblows meem

About average stupid. You have to put massive amounts of efforts into Windows if you don't want it to break, if left to its own devices windows will always succeed in killing itself. Its entire existence is pain, it only wants that to end. Don't be cruel, install Gentoo.

>implying LOONix isn't a meme

did some poojeet write their error messages

How bad did you Fuck up to corrupt the error messages?

>windows requires a lot of work
>install gentoo instead

Okay keep living in that shutter island reality

>How bad did I fuck up
I installed a webcam and updated windows for drivers

Gentoo will never commit sudoku

So boot into safe mode uninstall those drivers then find the Web site for it and get the updated drivers

Give me 2 examples of Windows breaking easily.
And not situations where it broke just for someone, give me 2 things that will always break it.
I am waiting.

>average arch user's day

The only thing I will do in the safe mode is download rufus

Enjoy your no games

Here we go again

At least if there were things that would always break it, those things would be easier to recognize and avoid

Fuck off I normally run arch but I still need games to pass the time

>all I do with my computer is rice my desktop and admire my waifu :))))))))

kys you're your self faggot retard

NOW.

Kek windows is complete shit tbqh.

I thought I'd install windows server 2016 on one of my work stations just to get familiar with it once again.

>network drivers don't work, have to literally go download a binary
>that fucking start menu, holy fucking shit
>the control panel does everything but there's another settings menu with a worse layout that does less but has specific options that aren't in the control panel
>hyper-v is literal trash, how have they dont fixed this yet
>DNS server is literal trash
>filesystems are literal trash
>errors with cryptic error messages and no substance
>nothing is in a logical place

God I fucking hate it, my last hope for MS do a redux version of windows 7 tier with newer kernel

I can't believe people use this on a day to day basis, please give me a non redeeming feature of this OS to explore, I have fedora 25 ready to replace it if not.

Non-meming*

>please give me a non redeeming feature of this OS to explore
games
some enterprise software

any time a normie tries to download a program they need they end up with a new toolbar, new default search engine, and some malware

i would rather my mom use Ubuntu than Windows because this isn't a problem in the linux world (yet)

Ill tell her that next time she comes over.

>games
>anime
Are these actual reasons?

Windows belongs to virtual machines

Your mom belongs to virtual machines

Ur mom belongs to my cock

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>install Gentoo.

No thanks, I don't want to turn this into a double suicide.

Speaking of switching what is an easy gnu+linux system to use for people trying to make the switch? I thought maybe I should try some of that free software Stallman talks about so I can be truly free but at the same time I don't wanna go full FSF tier yet because all those gpl v3 people seem a little loopy. Like do I really need to fuck around with my GPU's hardware? It'd be nice if I could but if I can't I don't really care.

Also could someone open a window please? I don't know if this room's air is circulating quite enough.

Installing a printer.

windows updates. for like a year I had to manually start my network service

What the fuck? Is that a new BSOD? I never seen that shit before.

The blue smiley of death.

As someone who works as a tech, most broken windows machines we get in are after an update. Like the 1607 anniversary update, that was a good month.

Good morning user. Sorry you had to wait on me, glad to see the thread doing okay. Windows has an icon cache that holds all the icons for the start menu. Sometimes for no reason this cache will corrupt itself leaving you with either broken or missing icons across the entire menu including tiles. This is a very well documented issue that has no fix other than "delete the cache and try again." One time my internet stopped working right in the middle of downloading Photoshop, which is the only reason I still use Windows at all. Windows just refused to admit there was a network adapter plugged in. I figure maybe restarting would do the trick. Windows fails to boot back up. After rolling back the last update, restoring a previous system restore point, doing boot repair and checking for hard disk errors, I'm forced to reinstall and my wifi works again. Something a little more well documented is the fact that sometimes windows updates just kill your computer. Before the update they work, after your computer needs to be reinstalled. It doesn't even make it to recovery anymore which I thought was a part of Win10's UEFI bootloader and shouldn't have been touched by any updates anyway. Apparently that didn't matter to this update. The rest of my bootloaders for my other OSes were all fine but windows needed a complete reinstall. And the reason I initially left windows is that the graphics have just gradually degraded. Streaks of colors, blocks of glitchiness, chunks of screen swallowed up by blackness, it looked for all the world like a bad graphics card. Installed Linux, graphics card is magically healed. Updating and reinstalling drivers on Windows 10 does nothing, and the issue still happened on integrated graphics as well. One reinstall later the problem is gone and I can only hope that none of these come back any time soon because there's no way to diagnose or fix them. Windows 10 wants to die.