U
S
T

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JCCvEzqDq8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

user you must boil a kettle only using the surface of your mac

I'm sure if you stress-test the XPS 15 as much as people are with MBP you'll find plently of reasons to shit all over it too

>XPS
OP here, my experience with Dell XPS is that when it's actually doing something, it sounds like a jet engine.

haha, on a serious note how do you like your XPS? How is the keyboard/programming long term? I wanted to buy the XPS 13 but the keyboard was a little cramp. The display is gorgeous though... Was wondering how it was with scaling

It doesn't have active cooling?

scaling is a lot better (less shit) using win10. win7 can't into scaling without fucking everything up, and win8/8.1 is useless when there's win10.
Keyboard is okay, not great. Price/performance ration is pretty shit.

two fans.

Video rendering is incredibly taxing on a system, any laptop under full load will perform similarly but make far more noise.

I work in a room full of macbook pros and a single XPS 13, the macs are constantly whisper quiet and the XPS sounds like it's taking off whenever a youtube video is played.

>any laptop under full load will perform similarly but make far more noise.
OP here. want me to try the same thing, with same settings on my Thinkpad W520? :^)

>the XPS sounds like it's taking off
that's what I meant with "it sounds like a jet engine".

just use a single core or buy a desktop for that kind of tasks.

>have an old sager np6110
>run prime95 for 10 minutes
>see CPU temp

COMFY
O
M
F
Y

>just don't use your $3000 laptop

thanks on the xps feedback

pic related

bitch my decade old fujitsu siemens doesn't get that hot despite having only one fan and no metal case (that's supposedly acts like a big heatsink)

open hw monitor uses the wrong formula for calculating the actual temp.

So is that higher or lower than what it actually is? The fans were running at full speed the whole time through.

>Was wondering how it was with scaling
Fine if you're using just the laptop screen, awful if you're using multiple monitors that aren't similar to the resolution of the XPS, I've seen 2 x 1080p monitors hooked up to the XPS and it's hilariously bad, Microsoft need to fix their scaling issues.

this is why people pay the extra money for a mac

because windows in 2016 is complete bullshit

It's under Tj Max, so engineered proficiently.

what new macbook pro has a 1440 display

Your first mistake was buying an apple product.

What did you expect?

>he doesn't know
>he's never used one

what's it like inside your poverty basement user?

Probably expected it to not sound like a dell XPS wind tunnel test chamber

ok

the screenshot is scaled down you idiot.

I didn't buy it, it's from Louis' video.

macs aren't any better.
if your monitor isn't in one of apple's sanctioned ppi that works with integer scaling, i.e. most, it's unusable.

and thanks to that it will last twice as long as the MacBook Pros because it's actually cooling itself instead of running at 100 degrees centigrade.

>he doesn't know about os x scaling
>he think it's as bad as windows

ok

nah, XPS gets hot as fuck and has had heating issues since forever because DELL can't into airflow.

>He fell for the "Macbook Pro" meme

macOS doesn't need integer scaling

but your screenshot is in 16:9

it's a screenshot from: youtube.com/watch?v=JCCvEzqDq8U

my monitor is 2560x1440

>He fell for the "fake screenshot on Sup Forums" meme.

oh that explains
my b user

macos always does integer scaling.
even if the display resolution doesn't match it does integer scaling first and then scales it, enjoy your fuzziness.

You've clearly never used it

ye it's actually using the formula for °F but showing in °C so your real temp is way lower