Features nobody has ever used

Features nobody has ever used.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-U3sP-KbrGk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briefcase_(Microsoft_Windows)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cortana
And it triggers me when I see my normie friends laptops with the cortana taskbar on the bottom for no reason other than waste space

>Features nobody has ever used.
>normies with shit computers it actually improves performance

Normies probably use the "scan and fix" thing but I've always said no because it always works perfectly anyway and I don't trust it.

I can't find another person among my friends that has used chkdsk

It does that if it suspects you're storing pirated software on the flash drive. Scan and Fix will send the data to M$ and wipe the drive.

why would one lie, on internet, anonymously?

Normies really dont care about space.
Once I came across a girll that used her fhd laptop on 720settings because "it looks better" this way

THIS. I always turn that off for those who have it - they don't care, and it pleases me

Narrator.

ITT : clinic autism

Surprised I'm the first to mention Edge browser

I used ReadyBoost. It's snake oil

s a t i s f a c t i o n

I don't even understand this readyboost bullshit.
When you run out of RAM, your computer uses your hard drive (or SSD) to cache data, swapping it in and out of RAM.
And so you don't use your hard disk, you use a USB for extra swap.
But the fucking USB is 10 times fucking slower than your hard drive

Like seriously what the fuck

I used Readyboost once when I had to do a photogrammetry project that had 100+ .tiff source images and resulted in a 50 million polygon object, and my ram kept running out (6gb back then).
So I got two 16gb micro SD cards and set them up both to be a Readyboost dedicated drive, thus around 30gb cache storage.
It worked for that one project, but then the cards were too slow to keep up with the program and I had to upgrade to 8gb.

>autoplay
One of the first things I disable.

One of the first things MS should've done too.
All it does is run unwanted trojan exe's and viruses.

firefox

the idea was that while USB has lower read/write speeds, flash memory still has better seek times than a mechanical hard drive, so it's supposed to be faster overall because of that

you're mixing up autoplay with autorun

mentally retarded much

Kek, I remember actually used it 7 years ago. Was complete tech retard gaymur

Used it in a guys laptop I stayed with him for the summer in the UK so that wow would work better.

Is there any actual benefit of using it?

Does anyone else's w10 search bar really fucking slow?
I can get the first character then it searches everything with the letter A and it always takes 2 minutes to type.

Get a better computer

underrated psot

search through file explorer, not the bing search engine in the start menu

I have a deep trauma back from Windows 95 days, where checkdisk would actually actively corrupt your data. So I never use windows built in checkdisk.

Unless you have the taskbar full of icons, you're probably not wasting space at all.

gotcha
I used the start menu one only because I set up a macro on one of the media keys to the search bar

+1(You)

Dumbest thing they've implemented. It always says that there MIGHT BE a problem. And it turns out there are NONE.

I did use a 4gb sdcard.
I don't remember if it felt much faster, though.

Also frees some resources for HDD/SSD.

// No one except autists

And people with girlfriends.

Sorry, but a notebok can't be your girlfriend, user.

>Normies probably use the "scan and fix" thing

Or you know, people who want to remove the flag bit from the disk to stop getting that message every fucking time

;_;

Just disable the "shellhwdetection" service.

If you remove it how are you supposed to search for your installed program to launch it? Not everything I install has a desktop icon

>only added it back to the start menu for this screenshot

How is it? Must be crazy with USB 3.1???

Prepare to feel comfy

youtu.be/-U3sP-KbrGk

HEY BRO WHERE DO YOU WANT ALL THESE CHK FILES?

To have that popup show up you need to have autorun enabled.
Was it that hard to read?

I love you.

I literally used it for the first time last week. It corrupted my flash drive. I lost nothing but was still quite pissed.

Has anyone ever recieved a solution to a problem?
Nothing has ever happened.

>
Holy fuck thank you.

you literally mixed it up again

AutoPlay is the window from newer Windows that has the multiple options you can choose from (including starting the autorun program, if you select it)

autorun is the program that starts automatically when you insert the removable media in older Windows (defined in autorun.inf in the root folder of the removable media). this is what malware actually uses

are you jesus?

Task View, Search, and Cortana. People just leave it there by default. I don't understand why. They never use it. Just use Windows + S to search. It's better because you're using your keyboard already. Instead of using mouse to click it and then moving to keyboard.

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media. It's bad enough literally no one in the history of humanity uses it, but it's always there. I bet Windows developers don't even use it. I'm not even sure Microsoft knows if it works or not. NO ONE uses it. Plus it's stupid too. It's 2016, not 1999.

Razer Synapse. Why? Why... Not only is it gaymer faggot shit, but it's fucking pointless and stupid. You don't need a whole fucking suite of software for a shitty software from Razer. You faggots. Same with NVIDYA GeCuck Experience. I only have it because I use Razer Surround for music which is 10/10 software.

Any pre-installed software on Windows. Especially the bullshit they push with all-in-one computers. No, I don't want a free three year McAfee trial, fuck off.

The help button. The thing you get by pressing F1. Even Microsoft says... Want to go online to solve your issue? It's pointless documentation. Goes for any documentation, really. Wastes space and you can just go online to see it. You could argue it's good for people who have data limits, though.

The troubleshoot issues button. That NEVER, NOT ONE, has fixed anything. NEVER.

Internet Explorer, especially now with Edge. I've literally only used it to install Google Chrome. I don't even setup the thing, I just click ask me later and go to Chrome.

The workgroup/homegroup thing... BitLocker Drive Encryption maybe? I don't use it. Or any encryption. #NothingToHide fight me. Windows themes? I don't know anyone that uses it. They don't even use the themes that are there. They just use the default one. And only change wallpapers if anything.

Not really "features", but whatever...

>Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media.
I use it, you unsafe nigger

>doesn't use pre-installed software or McAffee trials
>uses Google Chrome

>The workgroup/homegroup thing
two different things. used when you're in a network, not alone in your basement with a single chinkpad

I used this years ago. The computer had 512 mb ram and this actually worked.
I thought I would never use this but I had to use it recently. I tried to resize a corrupted NTFS partition with gparted, and it just got stuck. I had to kill the gparted process, glad it didn't completely wipe the disk or something. Then I rebooted to windows and did this. It worked fine after that.

Makes GNU/Linux administration much easier.

That's one of those things my brain just assumes is so useless that it doesn't even register until it's in a different context like this

Bait.

what does Ready Boost even do?

i use it on my xbox one to read EULA thats about it

Back when W7 was new (I think it was still in the public beta) I got the closest thing to a solution. It told me some old game I was trying (GTA 2 I think?) wouldn't run, at least on that build of W7. That's the most helpful it's ever been.

It uses storage as a swap device. I don't think it's worth it unless you've got an SSD that you don't care gets fucked up in 2 days, but it might be useful for some people with like 512MB RAM or so.

the "grouping" music tag

Funny thing, last week was the first time I met someone that actually used that.

yeah. that's just Windows being Windows. It's a feature :^)

>he uses a trackpad instead of the clit
laughingmoegirls.jpg

What are you talking about, right shift is perfect when you need to capitalize left part of keyboard letters; left shift for right part.
Why would anyone capitalize with one hand..?

Edge is pretty fast desu.

Autist detected.

It looks like a shit computer bought from walmart for $200, so no USB 3 here.

I feel like the clit was way better than the trackpad back in the day. when I was first introduced to laptops in school (probably around 2000 or so), everyone used the clit I think. trackpads have advanced a lot tho and I don't think it makes sense to clit.

>have ThinkPad for like 2 years
>realize that red thing can control my mouse
why tho

>uses literally half of the taskbar
>nobody uses that shit
>removing it is autism

It's called a clit, you rub it.
Open some PDF files and the police will come for you though.

They were plugged into USB 3.0 ports but were all USB 2.0 flash drives.

It's a custom build in an old server case and had 10 USB 3.0 ports, that's with all the USB headers unused too.

Why would I want a search bar taking up half the task bar when I can remove it and just press the Windows key when I want to search for something?

Yep, I fucking hate it. My laptop isn't total shit, but maybe Windows 10 is just that great.

Better question: Why did it take you two years to figure out why there's a red chunk of rubber in the middle of your keyboard?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briefcase_(Microsoft_Windows)
>In Microsoft Windows, the Briefcase is a special folder that supports a simple two-way file synchronization between itself and another folder. The Briefcase is designed for mobile PC users so that they may transfer it to a removable drive and have it synchronize with the computer to which the removable drive is attached.
Well shit, I always assumed it was just some proprietary file compression format.

'^^'

>Razer Surround for music which is 10/10 software
wtf

>actually ever adding a program using the "add and remove programs" control panel applet

is that just for increasing swap space?

It's a pasta you retard

Not an argument

you're a pasta

removing it on your computer is your opinion. Removing it on other peoples computer because it triggers you is autism.

Funnily enough, the Sysinternals tool Autoruns deals with all kinds of stuff which is loaded on system startup.