Looky what I found

i wonder what I can do with it

stick it in your pooper

i have the same thing, it's for the bank account

Literally nothing
>implying it's only for that

Where did I ever imply that you illiterate nigger.

if you knew who it was registered to you could try and figure out the token with the given physical device. Otherwise it'd be very difficult to trace that back to someone without any knowledge.

>i wonder what I can do with it
Nothing. Its for 2 factor authentication, and since it has been lost, it is been invalidated in whatever system it was used with.

send it back to company listed on it (or the manufacturer). It will get someone fired.

It wont get them fired as long as they reported it lost in the correct period of time.

24H for most government contractors/employees.

Why is this acceptable?

OP here, i am not going to do anything with it, i was just curious about it, i have an idea who lost it, i dont know them personally but i am fairly sure it was the tech that installed the alarm system in my house

Give it back, Tyrone. You can't do anything with it.

Looks like you implied it right about here:

>It's for the bank account

It's called two factor doing its job, you fucking Nancy.

And other things :)

You can generate a 6 digit number every ~60 seconds as a OTP for an account you clearly don't know

How do these work by the way? I've seen them before but don't understand.

You can take that metal ring off the end, straighten it out as much as possible, and then stab it into your aorta.

>device has a priv key that can generate numbers
>Interface knows how many times you have pushed the generate button (or near)
>When you go to sign in it asks for your pass and a code
>You push the button and the server checks if the details match
viola

this type refresh the code automatically btw
>link it to an account
>during login you use the code in the little screen
>code change every 30s (i think)

Sort of useless if you don't know what it goes to. They're pretty cheap and probably one-time use. I'd just toss it or use it for partss