AdBlockBlockBlock

I want this:

A community maintained database of sites that block AdBlock* and extensions for browsers that'll mark it search engine** results so you can directly skip such sites.

* AdBlock, uBlock, etc.
** Google, Bing, etc.

Sure, it'd be better to just block AdBlock detectors but avoiding these sites feels better IMO.

Other urls found in this thread:

tweaktown.com/news/53121/nvidias-next-gen-volta-architecture-arrive-2017/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You know you can usually just block those elements and it's like they don't even exist

True that.

tweaktown.com/news/53121/nvidias-next-gen-volta-architecture-arrive-2017/index.html

Bitches use div with random class name. But they're always last 2 elements in the body. It's tedious.

tweaktown.com tweaktown.com inline-script block

ublock settings

This isn't about blocking elements. It's about not visiting (i.e. not using) websites which do that sort of thing.

Somebody needs to compile a list of websites blocking adblockers and then host it publicly to shame them.

I want a paid VPN that includes adblocking so that I don't have to use extra extensions.

Holy shit

it's good to visit those sites. by visiting them, and using their bandwidth, and not loading their ads, nor their "please look at our ads" crap, you're costing them money. You're helping to purge the web of these valueless sites by driving them out of business.

That is the thing that drives me crazy about these arguments.

You want to be paid for content you create, yet you give it away for free with a an advertisement.

At that moment, you can't complain that I didn't look at the ad, you're giving your shit away for free. If you want to get paid for content, then charge per view or per access, what is so difficult about this?

They don't want to do that because they know that almost nobody would pay a subscription fee to read their content. Certainly not enough people to cover their costs or make them a profit. Their business is fundamentally nonviable and they don't want to face up to that.

Aaand it's gone

But why does no one ever put that question to the people who bring up adblocking? Why does that particular thing not come up?

Beats me.

The whole business strikes me as similar to printing a newspaper and giving copies away for free, and then bitching at people for reading the articles and tossing the classifieds straight in the bin.

I want an "adblocker" that, instead of not loading the ads, loads then hundreds or even thousands of times without showing them to me.

Just to fuck with the ad servers.
If enough people would do this, could we bring down ads for good?

Yea, I did this the other day against Forbes' anti-adblocker using uMatrix.

Thats exactly the thing, but it is always thrown in the users face as if it was their moral obligation to give them their money out of thin air.

There's a major sense of entitlement from websites who simply give away their content for free.

I want this

would be pretty trivial to implement you would need enough people to install it for it to cause problems though. I'll get onto making the logo

>ublock settings
how do i access that?
ive gone full retard and can't find it.

right click the ublock icon and then click options.

Go to the 3rd part tab
tick anti ad blocker
Then press apply changes at the top right.

thx friend
i didn't even think to right click on it.

This breaks the comments on that page. Is there no other way, just to block that overlay that loads up after?
I have tried the block that overlay, but it seems to be randomized on load.