My uncle gave me this thing that runs idle at 60°what do

pentium t3200/2gb ram
why the fuck does this thing get so hot? already repasted and everything
what do you guys think that is the purpose of the metallic film on the cover?
it gets hot to a point that it feels radioactive. no way i can put that thing on my lap without getting cancer or sterile.
it runs my puredata patches alright so im gonna give it a little bit of use

thw buld quality feels great

did you make sure there is no dust in the fan? like taking off the fan from the heatsink

yes, checked.
it was almost perfectly clean. the laptop has little to no use

It's just that powerful

Why arent you building a wall yet?

>assuming im from tacoland

I'm sure the case been lined in tin foil doesn't help the thermals. Who the fuck thought of that.

Decent enough specs
Probably shitty thermal system. Expected of those HP rebrands
EMP/Other Electrical interference protection
Use a desk
Ok then

Please don't make threads for something this small. Learn to google or make/find a stupid questions general thread.

that dictionary tells me you're from mohammedland. GTFO!

its just a german/spanish dictionary you fucking retard.
yes, i study german but im not a fucking mexican

k then.

the solution your'e looking for is to replace thermal compound. it's probably dried up and is not transferring heat to the heat pipes.

>how do I read op
What technique did you use, op?

exactly what im wondering
found nothing on google about it, neither examples of laptops with that tin foil cover. sprry for making a whole thread user

it has a 1x1.5cm DIE were i aplied a small dot of some coolermaster paste that came with an evo 212. the temps didnt change at all after i repasted!

Ah, see, I usually use that method too, but if it's a bare die, I like to spread it myself but that's just cause all the bare dies I've seen are wide rectangles.
Also, was it a thermal pad originally on the heatsink? If so, there might be a sizeable gap between the die ans the heatsink. Happened to me once, had to use a copper shim with paste on both sides to fill the gap.

I can't think of a laptop that doesn't have it, but some companies use it as an extra surface to ground with. Note how the foil meets with the copper pads if it were installed in the OP image.

It's ok, I forgive you.

Like I said, shit design. The t3200 has a tjunction (throttle/shutdown temp) of 100deg C. So I don't doubt that intel knows this thing runs rather hot. There are a few forum posts with similar complaints.

Stealing that idea for replacing thermal pads. Will test and post one day. Thanks user.

Np, senpai. Also take this, ball up some dough or clay and place it on the die. Screw in then unscrew heatsink. The ball will give you a good guess to how thick the shim ought to be.

> commodore

wat? my commodore badge is just for lulz, wtf is that thing?

is that a 3.5" plattered disk?!

It's trying to self-immolate because it knows it's an abomination

Compare it to that Windows OEM sticker. That is a 2.5", senpai.

good catch. I didn't notice that

commodore had its days.
its over now

Regardless of their day, OP is posting a laptop which appears to be branded "commodore", while claiming it has a core 2 duo processor. that's news to my ears and google isn't turning shit up, and I have never heard of commodore releasing such a late model machine. What the fuck is this laptop?

pentium != c2d

You're right, it's a t2300, it's only a Core Duo. My bad.

My point remains, what the fuck is a 10 year old processor doing in a machine branded by a company that has not released any PC compatible hardware since 1993?

OP get the fuck in here.

My AMD FX4350 runs idle at 60, 0 fucks given, keeps me warm in the winter

Not op, but it's a commodore zr70. The commodore IP has been through the hands of a number of companies that have released modern hardware under the commodore brand. Unsurprisingly, it never took off.

retarded faggot

OP here, it's a commodore ke 8323. exactly what said