Is Black Friday a meme...

Is Black Friday a meme? Isn't it just a discount Boxing day Or is it even better than Christmas to acquire laptops and laptops accessories?

It's a holiday to keep poor people poor.

This. They don't get work for an extended period of days. haha!

there was like 2 good deals this black friday

the black nintendo 3ds
and the white one

it's all a big scam

I work at best buy and it's 99% a meme, but if you're looking for something specific you can get a nice discount. also it's a field day for selling shit to stupid people. ie:

>sold out of apple earpods - they weren't on sale
>$50 sony speaker with $2 2yr protection - same price on amazon, has been for weeks
BUT
>$909 for an open box (literally near mint condition) HP Spectre, i7, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM
>$750 for open box lenovo 900 (small scratch / smudge, other than that perfect) i7, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM

>I work at best buy
Hello, Satan.

I bought a pebble 2 se on bestbuy.com for $30 off. The thing just came out recently, so I feel I got a pretty good deal there. I also bought a phillips hue smart bulb, I'm returning that thing though because you need a fucking hub as well to make it actually work, fucking rip off.

i dont like the company either lol im jus tryna get money for college my dude

>Is Black Friday a meme?

This year it was. Usually there are several good deals for something, no matter who you are.

But, I've been watching a pretty broad market of items since August, planning on picking a couple up this past week. Not. One. Fucking. Thing.

Also, since I was researching such a wide variety of items, I noticed a lot of shit that I wasn't personally interested in was basically the same price it has been for the past three months.

I don't recall a previous Black Friday that was such a complete skunk.

A bunch of places are pushing the "Cyber Monday" shit. Which doesn't help me out (or pretty much anyone I know). I've already wasted all the free time I had. These stupid marketing fucks think that people don't work, just sit around shopping for ten days in a row.

I've either bought my shit by Saturday afternoon, or I'll pick something up last-minute around Dec 18 or 20. Or, for folks I have a relaxed relationship with, I'll do something after the holidays are over. My brother & I, for example, have been getting Christmas gifts for each other some time in mid-January for over a decade now. It works out even better for us because it's so casual & relaxed & we always get something really nice for each other. Feels more special than Christmas because it happens after all the madness is done.

pebble 2 was on a nice discount, I had the first one and i'll probably keep it until the GSP is about to end and then try and fuck it up with a virus or something to get my money back.

as for the phillips bulb, it's not really a rip off, there's just no way to fit a wifi transmitter into a light bulb lol. they're pretty awesome when you have them set up though, i'd still recommend it.

Holy shit those discounts.

Have you seen any laptops with a 1000s graphic card on board on sale? Looking for one right now and Best Buy would be the first place to look for.

Black Friday is a meme

Cyber Monday is a double meme

But you

you are truly the biggest meme of all.

who the fuck needs to go out for black friday anyway. Just order everything online and have it delivered or set to pick up from the store whenever you want.

there's a 15.6" MSI that is $200 off, i7, 16GB RAM, 1060, 1TB + 256GB SSD for $1250. not a bad price imo. the MSI display demos we have in store tend to last longer than the Alienwares (which are significantly more expensive lmao) and the ASUS, so i'd say MSI is a safe bet.

the open boxes are usually the cheapest option though, each store will have different ones in stock and most of the time they were a returned gift or used for a few days, you should definitely have the employee get it down and ask for them to open it up and look at it if you're in the store. and the open box price goes down if the laptop is on sale as well.

It's a super meme. They raise the prices a few weeks before the sale, then lower them again to 'sale' price, and the goy eat it up.

>the MSI display demos we have in store tend to last longer than the Alienwares (which are significantly more expensive lmao) and the ASUS, so i'd say MSI is a safe bet.

MSI is german engineering so it obviously trumps gook and muhrican toys.

How much is the open box discount generally?

depends on the factors of the laptop itself.

if it was hardly used and has literally everything it came with, including the box, probably $25 - $50 off max.

but the more it's missing, the more the price goes down, ie original box, manuals, any sleeve or case, charging cable, and finally battery. it can go down $150 - $200 or maybe more if the laptop is getting clearanced out, on sale, etc.

also, if you're willing to wait, we usually try to clear house with open boxes around February when it's slow, and managers will likely be willing to go down in price a little bit if you're persistent. it's the closest thing you can get to haggling at a retail store.

So are the deals on Black Friday better or worse than your typical Christmas period?

Is Meme Meme a meme? Isn't meme just a meme Meme meme Or is meme even memier than Meme to meme memes and memes memes?

>Itt
>Poor jealous nerds who can't afford to buy things on the biggest shopping day of the year with the highest discounts of the year insult those who can.

quality post

unless you're one of those assholes camping in tents for days, most of the deals will return plenty of times during christmas season (and may have been going on already before black friday). the only things worth the awful crowds are the big doorbusters, which usually go extremely quickly, like the TVs, a few select laptops, and anything BB is trying to shill for the year, such as samsung phones. we had a guaranteed $400 gift card with a trade in and upgrade to an S7 / S7 edge.

Do you usually see more than 15% reduction on high end laptops in any sales event?

THICC major.

Why don't you just buy yourself something that you really want, your bro can buy himself something he wants, and call it good?

pork in the shell

>Fat scarl jo

That better be fake, already bad enough they cast her

This. It's the murican meme err I meant dream.

The discounts are fake on most items because everyone has been adding mark ups following us elections and euro instability

Nothing that can't be fixed in post

nope i get tons of overtime fuck yeah