Okay so i'm having two big issues with my computer

Okay so i'm having two big issues with my computer.

It started randomly shutting down by itself. I assumed it was the PSU so I used a PSU tester and it's fine So booting it up I check speccy and see that the CPU is running hot. Is it possible that the CPU gets so hot that it shuts itself down?

Issue two, the computer for some reason thinks I have three monitors when I only have two. On the speccy page it lists the 1024MB for one of my GPU's but doesn't list it for the other (when it used to show it before). What could be the cause of this?

Have you tried gentoo?

What wattage is your PSU rated up to? The bios usually has a max temp when it will power down the machine to save the CPU from melting. If it's 66C while idle, then yes you have a problem. Replace your heat sink with one larger than your fist and you should be ok.

My rating is bronze. it doesn't stay on 66 but it's constantly fluctuating between 55-67 yes.

Do you think it's a heat sink issue or a thermal paste issue?

That's not the rating that's just how efficient your PSU is

like what wattage is it rated up too?

General rule of thumb is your PSU's wattage should be the power requirements of all your components * 2

How would I check that?

What's the wattage of your PSU? Also, the FX-6300's threshold temperature is 62ÂșC

1. What does threshold temperature mean?

2. How would I check for the wattage?

I know you're spoonfeeding me, but I really do appreciate the help because i'm technologically inept to a degree. Thank you for the help.

Look on the side of your power supply for a number followed by watts wattage or w. It shouldn't be this fucking hard.

Wow holy shit. This just happened to a friend of mine. I had to fix his computer up and I couldn't figure out why, turns out it WAS the PSU though. Even if the PSU tested fine. Try loading a heavy game or something similar. Something that will really tug at your CPU. I tried Payday 2 and TF2.

I don't know why but a few mins before it was fluctuating 55-67 but now for some reason it's on 36-46

Would it l likely be the PSU with temp readings like 66 being a constant though?

No. PSU has nothing to do with CPU temp. No matter what is the main issue, you need to get a better heatsink like Evo 212 sized.

With temperatures like that, the problem seems to be the processor. When was the last time you cleaned the insides of your PC? Also this

I actually cleaned it after noticing this issue a few days ago. All the pics I posted about the temps though were from today, days after I cleaned it.

Why would the temp range stay high after I start using it again and then drop down after a bit?

It's 1000 wattage?

Should've went Intel my friend.

Get HWMonitor and check the temperature from there. Also, system/event viewer will have a report as to why your system shut down most of the time. It may very well be the CPU, so just reapply the thermal paste and maybe get a better cooler, or assign a more aggressive fan curve.

What cooler do you have. My friend wants to know.

I assumed it was the PSU so I used a PSU tester and it's fine

Testing with a chinese tester which don't put any load on the PSU don't really test anything.

To be fair the weather is cold ~19 and the case has 3 fans. The cooler is a cooler master 412s.

Nice. Despite your shitting on my lack of Intel I shared your screenshot with them. One of my buds is building a rig and has the same Motherboard as you I believe

Thanks friend, the mobo is solid. I OC'd easily to 4.6ghz. Good purchase.

I posted this too. What is the most recent critical error found in even viewer?

How do I check system/even viewer?

I used CPUZ to stress test the CPU and checked the HWMonitor temps. It rose to about 80C after a 5 minute stress test.

Let me explain the situation in full as a reply to this post. Everything that happened.

It shut down a few days ago. I tried various different things like changing the outlet (it was connected to a splitter) to a main outlet. I tried 4 different outlets and it turned off after a few minutes each time.

So I disconnected it (not wanting to make the potential problem worse) and blew out the entire inside with compressed air then and there. I left it sitting disconnected for a few days because my friend was getting a PSU tester today.

We tested it and confirmed it wasn't the PSU. We connected it and after checking speccy assumed it was the CPU overheating. Because in a speccy screenshot I took a year ago the temp was 21 C

What's weird though is that earlier it was fluctuating between 55-67 after turning it on and then it dropped to 36-46. Now it's going between 45-55

I should also mention that it hasn't shut off once since I turned it on today. I just want to fix the problem though.

>kernel-power
This is when the PSU is bad or when the motherboard delivers a dangerous level of voltage to the CPU or the CPU just can't handle it. Even viewer -> Windows Logs -> sort by time/level.

Click on the error message and see the details. Depending on the exact nature and stage of power failure, a description error message might be recorded -- if Windows had enough time to do so, like the op code.

Also, Speccy does not read AMD temp "sensors" accurately, use HWMonitor instead maybe.

Do you want XML view or Friendly View for the details?

Anyways, here's what comes when I click on the Kernal-Power error. It brings up all instances I think.

The general description text it has there is actually the same across the board for all occurrences of the issue.

Post the XML View.

Seems to have something to do with power-states. There is most likely a way to disable that specific state either from the BIOS or windows power manager. But you'll probably need to google a bit to find a solution that works for you.

Could you dumb down what you're trying to say?

Based off of the kernel-event problem that event viewer is showing you, are you making an assumption as to what may have been the cause of my computer shutting down? If so what do you think?

Posting the details in XML view would help know the exact nature of the problem.

It seems to be entering an S4 sleep state (hybernation) and I -think- it's failing to come out of that state.

This can be due to many things. Oddly enough your monitor cable can even do that (some user who had the same kind of problem on here fixed it by replacing his shit tier chink HDMI cable with something decent.)

You can try disabling that sleep state from the BIOS power settings, or maybe even through windows power manager.

I put it to sleep every night before I go to bed... That may be it?

Is there some way I can send you the XML text by email tomorrow? A burner email even. I already shut my computer down and got in bed

Just post again tomorrow, surely anons would help. But yeah seems easy to solve, just disable the S4 sleep state from BIOS power management or the windows power manager.

Or just googling the error message.

You're in the clear.

This
>Pic related