If Windows XP is good enough for a nuclear submarine, why isn't it good enough for shitposting and watching anime?

If Windows XP is good enough for a nuclear submarine, why isn't it good enough for shitposting and watching anime?

>The software is even branded as "Windows for Submarines."
archive.fo/S3DyH

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/sharedsource/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>same application and demands
>same os
I see nothing wrong
This is a WOW LOLZ article for dumb people

Better than having them run win7 and then randomly updating to win10 fucking the world over.

Because nobody is accessing shady Russian loli websites from that submarine

What a pointless article. A lot of American nuclear tech runs on fucking 8-bit Zilog, Motorola, IBM, and MOS chipsets. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

>upgrade tto W10
>Best Korea attacks
>QUICK LAUNCH COUNTER NUKE
>Windows is updating, please restart
>NO NO NO NO NO I WANT TO LAUNCH NUKES
>Restart in 5,4,3,2,1
>Best Korea wins

>If Windows XP is good enough for a nuclear submarine, why isn't it good enough for shitposting and watching anime?

If you honestly don't know why then it will likely take someone more time and effort to get you to understand why than it would to upgrade the nuclear sub to a newer system.

You'd be surprised if you knew how much stuff is actually running windows in the various armies in the world. It's often a customer requirement (the military) that the computers need to run windows for muh familirarity and that linux looks like some 90s garbage the dog dragged in. We just shake our collective heads, satisfy the customer's requirements and use unix and linux on the backend where only admins and maintainers will interact with the system.

kek

>implying

Best Korea will win because Best Korea doesn't rely on Redmond's PooInLoo shit.

I was going to say, isn't NASA using Commadore's somewhere?

best korea also uses superior linux.

The only way to exploit any vulnerabilities with Windows XP on the terminals they use would be to board the submarine and physically have access to them. I am almost certain these computers do not have access to the conventional internet.

Shitposting and watching anime (downloaded from the internet) using Windows XP heavily exposes you to vulnerability exploits, compromising your personal information.

For hating Americans as much as they do, they sure like to emulate American aesthetics.

retard OP, it's not connected to the internet...

It's ironic that the best UI for linux was created by North Koreans.

Ko one takes the brits seriously, who cares

I think everybody in this thread is missing the point. Windows is proprietary, closed-source technology. Does the British government have any idea what the NT kernel looks like? Has Microsoft allowed the British military to engage in a closed audit of Windows' source code?

For all anybody may know, Windows has several backdoors that Microsoft might use to extort demands from governments who use these systems; or MS may be so unscrupulous as to sell those backdoors to the highest bidder. While I doubt that's the case, it's still a very feasible possibility that governments need to take into consideration before they opt to use proprietary software.

Fun fact: America's ballistic missile subs also run XP.

You think submarines really have their critical systems connected to the internet for all to see?

>You think submarines really have their critical systems connected to the internet for all to see?

That's still not the point. A submarine can be infiltrated. Anyone engaged in espionage might have knowledge of software backdoors, which they could use to gain access to sensitive information. And there are presumably communications set up between sub computers. Those signals could be hijacked, and knowledge of security holes or backdoors could allow third parties to gain access to your systems.

The UI doesn't look fat to me.

>obsolete

Maybe if it were rebranded as Windows for Shitposting and Watching Anime.

microsoft.com/en-us/sharedsource/

So? Windows XP isn't the most stable OS. Might as well use Win2k Server.

No need to be so salty, mamma merkel.

>best UI

>Shitposting and watching anime (downloaded from the internet) using Windows XP heavily exposes you to vulnerability exploits, compromising your personal information.
why would it do that? you can still receive security updates for XP you know, even though street-shitters on here keep claiming everything but win10 is obsolete and insecure.

No OS is good, some are just less shit for the application in hand.
It's ok, I was 15 once too.