/hpg/ - Headphone General

~~ PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE ~~

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Technica-AUD-ATHAD500X-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B009S333U4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for MSR7.

I hate these headphones :(

Anybody received their 598cs? How do they sound what are your impressions?

Don't like it.

Too much bass.

Funny how all the normies on amazon are saying it has no bass.

There are people who complain about the lack of bass in the M50x, ponder that.

These will be my first quality headphones ever so I'll probably like them even though it may sound shit for an audiophile. But do you think it was a good purchase for 99€ or I would have been better off with a m40x or something else in that price range?

what are you guys using to power older headphones with crazy impedance like 2000 ohms? I've got an hd414x that runs pretty quiet on everything but a shitty old kenwood receiver that just pisses out emi when i turn it on/off, which freaks out my gpu. is there anything modern that even tries?

598s sound very muffled to me

exactly how much better are the JBL LSR305 than the Rokit 5?

Last time i was talking to someone who said theyre comparable and both good for that price range, with the rokit 5 being front ported and the jbls being rear ported, but if you had the room for the correct setup, to go for the JBLS

with that said there are some good blackfriday/cyber monday deals on the JBLs in the United States however none in Canada

with that said the Rokit 5's are now 50 dollars cheaper than the JBLs since the Rokit 5s actually have a discounted deal here in Canada

basically with the 50 dollar differnce (100 dollar differeence with the pair) should I just go with the Rokit 5s since the JBLs are never gonna go on sale on any site that ships to Canada

Waifu?

>There are people who complain about the lack of bass in the M50x, ponder that.
That's really easy, get a bad fit.
The M50x isn't nearly an extreme basshead headphone. Neither were a lot of early Beats headphones come to think of it.

>port location
Doesn't really matter once you move the thing more than a few inches from the wall. The port is effectively decoupled from the wall then, and placing speakers right to a wall is always kinda lousy, excluding custom soffits.
>LSR305 vs. Rokit 5
305 has the better dispersion by a fair margin, so it wins.
How about some of the Behringer truth models? 2030 and 2031, or whatever they were called.

They want bumpabumpabumpa bass because they enjoy feeling nauseous. That or they're playing it on their ibone in lower-quality mp3 they ripped off of YouTube.

Hifiman HE-400i here.. could honestly not be happier.. it's the best you can get for the money, especially buying used

>no HD25-1 II

>no MDR-CD900ST above 7506

>How about some of the Behringer truth models? 2030 and 2031, or whatever they were called.
first time hearing about these a quick google shows that theyre much larger and more expensive so theyre not really comparable
that is if youre talking about
Behringer Truth B2031A (8.75" Studio Monitor (ea))

>305 has the better dispersion by a fair margin, so it wins

but is it worth a 100 dollar discrepancy

>Budget
around $200 USD, maybe $250

>Location
USA

>Source
Laptop, desktop

>Type of headphone
Full-size

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Comfy; expecting daily, 8+ hours of continuous use

I had m50x's, sold em a year ago. Now I'm thinking of buying them again and using my newfound eq knowledge to fix them into eldergod tier. Am I retarded?

Yes, just get the Sony Mdr-cd900st

EQ'd, are they better than EQ'd porta pros?

what are those cheap sonys?

CyberMonday is here.

Will the HD 598 get cheaper?

It dropped to like $150 CND on Friday, I bought mine back in July for $125.

Maybe? You should have bought them while they were on sale.

What's the top?

Looks like Kaede Takagaki.

Looks like MDR-CD900ST

Looks like MDR-7506.

>MDR-CD900ST
wtf they cost over 100£

Yeah not sure what is up with the "ultra poorfag" definition. They are a more colored and more expensive version of the V6/7506. Personally never understood why some people like those a lot.

The V6 is in the pic though, The 900s have a silver ring

Name a flaw.

Boomy bass

painfull hair loss

EQ

the microphone isn't available for purchase anywhere anymore, but the metal thingie on the left side is still there.

also, price. it used to be €45, now it's €60.

it's worth the €45, not the €60.

>EQ
>having to EQ your headphones
lol kek they are nice for 20$, but thats it.

What other open headphone is better at 60 currencies?

Just bought the HD 600 and I don't have an amp.
I don't know if I need an amp or DAC, but I might as well get both.
Will the E10K be fine? Amazon says:
>Suitable Headphone Impedance: 16Ω~150Ω
yet the HD600 has an impedance of 300ohms.

>>having to EQ your headphones
here is my eq for porta pros.

E10k is fine.

Yes it will be fine. Recommended load impedance should only be stated as a minimum as there's no upper limit for it.

it works for me

There's a high gain switch isn't there?

I just got the 598cs and it's only working on my left ear wtf?

>still buying snapheisers

How does it feel getting meme'd?

Connector properly inserted? Tried from multiple devices? Send them back.

They are literally clean out of the box, this is a serious question

Tried from 2 different computers and my phone, same result.

I plug it in the way the box shows, and it feels firm. Nothing changes though

Just sounds like shit tier quality control, you have a defective pair. Out of interest, are they also made in China like other cheap Sennheisers are?

i got mine and they work. luck of the draw I guess

made in china of course

But you a deaf nigger, I have 2 porta pross and horrible boomy bass comapred to X2s, hd600, shp9500 etc.

Oh God if it really is defective and these assholes don't give a refund I swear

you got it from amazon right? there is usually a period of time like 30 days you can return and get a refund

got my 598 Cs
is there any sound drivers to install or is it plug and play?

hearing some super muted background static with the wire in to my computer, but most everything else seems fine

Thanks familia.

Pls Help
>Sound signature
Bass would be nice
>Budget
Over or below $50
>Location
US
>Source
To my PC
>Type of headphone
Gayming type, preferably with a boom mic
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Past headphones
Sade Sita, I like them, just the mic is stubby thats why I'm asking for a boom mic

mhm ordered on Black Friday. Went from 250 amerifat bucks to 99 and thought it was a steal. I can't believe this. Imagine paying 250 bucks just to receive a broken piece of shit

I was thinking of the 2030, the smaller one. Now that I look it up again, it isn't that small either.

>but is it worth a 100 dollar discrepancy
Probably not. How much did you say you would be paying?
Used market is your friend.

Shit happens with electronics. Some people buy computers that don't work out of the box because some dingleberry didn't put the processor in properly

got these today to replace my g430s

how did i do, Sup Forums-chan?

Will I be able to use the 598cs without an amp on my phone?

Your motherboard shit a bed

Yeah, my laptop's audio input is broken somehow and nothing I can 'lock' in. There's something missing inside it seems like since I can move the jack around. It's not the end of the world but I've had it fall out a few times, and what was playing wasn't super appropriate any of those times. It's a higher-end laptop too which pisses me off.
Will these be the new memephones?

You could've paid like $40 more for the open-backs.
Yes, it will just sound kind of shitty at higher volumes.

Can you inform us how your pair works? I refuse to believe mine is defective, maybe I'm just doing something wrong

Pretty meh, the closedback 598s are shitters compared to the openbacks and for closed you should have gone MX40x. The blueball is nice though,

thanks user, I'm not an audiophile but I can notice clipping and distortion. I'll be sure to equalize and use my preamp to their best until I can upgrade my shitphone

Build quality and comfort is superb. I'm extremely anal about sound quality so what I say might not be worth much to you, to someone who doesn't care about sound quality a lot, these will sound good because the sound signature is quite consumer friendly.

Again, this list doesn't make sense, 7506 and V6 are the same thing and should be in the same tier. Here's how I'd do it:

Elder God: DT250
God: V6, 7506, DT770
Great: COP, M40x
Meme: M50x, etc.

This x 1000. Never liked these. Never will. KSC75 is far superior.

Can't you just plug them into your motherboard directly? Works 99.9% of the time.

The M40x sounds better but the HD598 Cs shits on it comfort-wise. I'd pick the Sennheiser based on comfort alone.

Not him but I just got mine and they feel slightly louder in the left ear. I don't know if this is just a problem with my ears or if it's the headphone itself but I've never had this problem before.

> Fell for the HD598 Cs meme
Never been so disappointed in my life
Can't even find a proper reaction image to cover how let down I am

Now all the good headphones are full price again or not as cheap as they were two days ago

what's disappointing about them?

the cs900st isn't actually that good

Sup lads, I currently have some AKG K240, love the double band and the semi-openness to them what would be an upgraded form of these?

Best closed headphones for around $150? Videos, gaming, mostly.

They sound like shit for their price

They have this weird folding in the ears that the tips of your ears rub making them very discomforting

The bass is disappointing as all god hell

They're muddy also.

Not him but I just sent mine back, fell for the meme believing in Sennheiser but they did not deliver.

not in great ol' canada, it was 110$ more.

i havent gotten the chance to try them out yet. im annoyed a bit because i dont own a 6.3 to 3.5mm converter so i could plug it into my pc. looks like the really short cord will have to do

also heres a pic of my g430s, this is after using them for 6 months. logitec is a meme

Did I just fall for some meme?

why would you get something from the hd 500 series if you wanted bass?

You didn't buy the 598 Cs so no

It's not the fact that the bass isn't there, the bass isn't good. At all.

No instructions that came with the box, the build does not feel very durable, and the right side of the headphones do not work no matter what device it is plugged into.

Other anons also mention that other headphones do the same job for cheaper but the price going from 250 to 99 baited me

Sure it could be a defective, but I paid 99 bucks and waited all weekend in excitement. I have nothing much going on so when they came and they turned out to be bs It felt like my I had a hole in my heart

Logitech is absolutley a meme, got the G35 back in February and the right side literally snapped off last month

Undoubtedly

The 598cs makes everything sound very metallic and not natural like their open counterpart.

Good evening m8s, I'm looking to pick these up
>amazon.com/Technica-AUD-ATHAD500X-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B009S333U4/

Just wondering if it's worth it to throw the extra 30 to get the 700s?

>FiiO E10 on craigslist
>"Goes for $300+ brand new, $160 obo"
>FiiO E10K is $75 on amazon

Makes me think this is just some no-good nigger that stole this equipment, and doesn't know what the actual value is, because he obviously doesn't know that the E10 was phased out for the E10K

makes my animu waifu sound qt af

Whelp I fell for the meme

Just ordered M40x for 102€ on amazon.de
Did I fall for the meme? They will probably send them tomorrow morning so I can cancel until then.

Maybe add 30€ more and buy dt770? or just order hm5 pads?

So wait, you haven't actually been able to give them a proper listen yet since they don't work properly? You just got unlucky and received a defective product, man.

Are the 598 Cs supposed to wiggle? The housing is slightly wiggling and I don't like that. It feels like it will snap immediately

I'll be quite honest, they sound horrible for a buck fitty. Why waste your money when you could get a nice pair of AKGs or Beyers for that money.

should i expect beyerdynamic custom one pros / fostex t40rp to go on sale on amazon tomorrow??
also, how do i decide fucc this is so hard

I'm actually quite satisfied with the 598c.
Maybe it's coming from me who had to use shitty $15 IEMs for the last 6 months after my M50's completely fell apart.

>I'll be quite honest, they sound horrible for a buck fitty

But you just said that only one of the two sides of the headphones works properly, how can you make that judgment? Also they were only $100 on black friday, not $150

I'm not that guy, I'm this guy

alright im back with the results, same user-kun btw

my set sounds awesome, first time with an actual pair of headphones and i love them

to answer your question, my pair sounds fine in both ears. you should either test your hearing with another pair of headphones and go to the doctor if one ear hears better than the other

maybe your pair is defective, you have to decide that for yourself

I'm pleased with the sound but they do feel very cheaply made, I'd be unhappy to pay full price for them.

Is the 598c really trash? isn't the open version of it like $200

The CS is very cheaply made, which is expected due to the fact they are an Amazon exclusive product, that in its self should speak volumes that they are cheap.

Damn right they are fucking cheaply made, thing feels like it would break the moment I drop it
Did it work fine on your first try? Sound quiet at any given moment?

What don't you like about them, then? Or are you just falling into buyer's remorse because of what someone else said about them? $100 for them seems like a good deal to me.

it sounds like shit friendo you can get $20 full sized headphones that sound the same