Tfw XP is dead

>tfw XP is dead
>tfw Vista is actually great to use now but its bad reputation has crippled its market share
>tfw Windows 7 is next
>tfw Windows 10 is 7 duct-taped to 8.1 with shitty ads and a User Management Center more broken than Windows Vista before SP 1
>tfw this is what it has come to

Also Sup Forums feels thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntu-mate.org/
mate-desktop.org/
microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=11196
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Windows Server 2016? Has a non-bloat mode with just cmd and dwm (Server Core)

That face when I happily upgraded to Vista and didn't fall for memes, also 8 was god tier. I tried to avoid 10 but its on my Microsoft Surface. Actually no complaints.

Get on my level, pleb

That's what you get for falling for the Microsoft meme.

Thinking about getting Vista Home Premium and then installing 7 for free when support ends.

>8 was god tier
The autistic tile design is the worst thing that ever happened to GUIs

>The autistic tile design is the worst thing that ever happened to GUIs
well that's true, but powershell was available from day 1

or whatever it's called, Classic Shell I guess, not Power Shell, Shiiiiettt

>not pirating windows
Top fucking wew lad

Lubuntu
Xubuntu
Ubuntu Mate

3 good alternatives for you.

Up your game. Windows is dead.

> tfw no decent non-systemd distro aside gentoo
> tfw newest qt and gtk both are trash
> tfw X.org is dying, so no more gui over ssh
> tfw wincucks invented UWP, so Wine maybe dying too
> tfw Microsoft invaded LF
> tfw hipsters with their """""""""modern web technologies""""""" came and destroying everything we love

Time for Haiku to shine?

Now I know how all the people who mourned the death of the 8-bit BASIC computer felt...

I use 8.1 with antibeacon and clasic shell. Works like a diamond. I manually download updates I need then apply them, I don't trust the updater for shit.

Wayland works but is shit at supporting the x11 toolset.

Why does MATE have two sites?

ubuntu-mate.org/

mate-desktop.org/

windows 7 was the sign that it was all coming to an end. think about it, at that point everything pretty much reached its peak (e.g. sandy bridge), and its just taken a massive plunge downhill.

the comfy times are over lads, theres nothing we have left in technology. normies, chads, hipsters, sjws and pajeets took over and ruined everything

>market share
How is this relevant when it's still binary compatible with the other versions you listed? Just do the needful and kys.

> mfw using Windows Server 2016

>Sandy Bridge
>peak
Moore's Law ended with Skylake. Kaby Lake is just a rebrand. Cannon Lake is going to be insane.

How is Windows Server 2016 better than Windows 10?

> Windows 10 is 7 duct-taped to 8.1
>I have never once actually looked at the fundamental changes made between versions of Windows

Isnt Vista EOL soon?

If you used the server versions of Windows, you'd know. An OS and a bunch of no-bullshit utilities and services. And that's it.
Protip: XP was based on Windows NT because it fucking worked.

There's only so many new things you can put into a new OS to justify buying it before feature creep sets in, so that is natural

You're fucking serious? It's like Bill Gates watched idiocracy and thought "hmm, that's a good idea for the stupid masses."

tfw you've conflated "that feel when" and "my face when"

Didn't they fire the guy responsible for Metro?
And I agree, that shit was beyond stupid. Even the most vapid computer user would prefer the Start Menu over those fucking squares.

Basically Windows 10 LTSB with server manager, different default settings and ability to install various server components.

>vista
>great to use

Fuck your shitty feels man, you're full of shit.

I started getting more into Linux because of Windows 10. I feel like I will have to in the next few years since I won't have any other choice.

Xubuntu minimal net install + personal configuration is extremely good. If not for the lack of software I would run it on my desktop 100% of the time.

>Want to go Linux
>Community mocks you using it for anything that isn't work

As much as I loved Windows 7, I knew I couldn't stay on it forever. Given how aggressive M$ is with Windows 10, 8.1 isn't really an option either. I went ahead and switched to Linux to have a little headstart on my inevitable future. It has been a year now and all is great. It wasn't that great given that I've been desensitized to Windows, but a few days and a little reading got me to speed. The only things I miss are foobar and a few games, I was lucky to have so many out on Linux.

>It wasn't that great at the beginning
The fuck happened there, brain?

You can run Foobar through Wine

>2016
>Using PAJEETshell to learn how to poo in loo

>Cannon Lake is going to be insane.
In what way? Are they going below 10nm? They still have Coffee Lake before Cannon I believe.

I tried doing that at the beginning but eventually opted for Clementine. It's not that it didn't work, it's more that it didn't work like it used to.

Everyone mentions ads and shit when they talk about windows 10, but ive been running it on my laptop for over a year now without seeing a single ad anywhere within the os, only in my browser when i dont install an adblocker immediately

The ads are along the lines of:

We read "gmail" plz use our mail app

plz

use PosREADY 2009. Support til 2019.

Get it here: microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=11196
google for permanent key.

Why would you use this?

seconded

>Vista is actually great to use now
As much as I like using it, it's lacking continued driver support for newer hardware and some software doesn't run on it. Discord being one of them, many recent games like Fallout 4 and Divinity: Original Sin.

I just wish I could update my video card drivers for my cobbled together machine.

Meanwhile, macOS Sierra is literally more perfect than El Capitan, which was more perfect than Yosemite.

Stay poor, winfags.

>le Vista is bad meme
It isn't. At least since 2009 it's good.
99% of people haven't even tried Vista and talk shit to this day. How much of a brainless monkey that can't make up its own opinion are you?

TFW you want to turn back the clock to 1993

i remember how shitty I was with Vista when I bought I new laptop that came with it. The sidebar apps (lots of linux people still do this with weather, clock, ram, network usage and shit, go fuck yourselves CIA niggers) disgusted me. The UAC and the fact I had to fuck around for 40 minutes trying to find out how to disable it enraged me. Great feeling booting up your brand new laptop and not being allowed to connect to your home network by default.

After tinkering around, it was good (XP) again. Control panel not set to donk mode etc

7 felt good, 8 was like Vista all over again, they just fagged everything up and buried Windows under a layer of nigger shit

grrrr I'm mad about it. Switched to Linux and set up my shit to look and work like 95/XP/7

I've had enough

> which was more perfect than Yosemite.
And Yosemite is a broken flat POS. It's not hard to be more perfect than that.

Install Ubuntu faggot. It is more fun to fuck around with than Wangblows regedit.

The desktop operating system market share is rapidly declining, and is being phased out for mobile/tablet operating systems.
This might be the last generation to ever have interacted with a desktop PC, future generations will be hooked on watered down mobile OSs designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, hence why Windows 10 is the last version of Windows to be released by Microsoft.
*tips fedora*

Damn. ;_; I hate how everything is becoming an "app"

>Vista is great to use now
How so?

>The desktop operating system market share is rapidly declining, and is being phased out for mobile/tablet operating systems.

So the year of linux is finally upon us as more normies are switching to android?

Nah. Cannonlake is just a die shrink, and the yield is so bad that the're just going to release 15W U and 5W Y CPUs with the 10nm process. Everything else will be 14nm, basically a Kaby rebrand. On the Xeon side of things they're stuffing moarcoars onto chips, but the die size is getting huge.

I don't think that we'll see 7nm on this side of 2020.

More like the year of BSD. lamao.

After SP 2 almost everything but the User Management Center (still easy to turn off) was fixed. And since it has the same DirectX version as 7, it can also be used for gaming, getting higher framerates than 8. The only reason why people say it's shit because it was shit until SP 1 and le requirements maymays. Now with 4 to 8GB RAM it's a blast.