ITT: software no one uses except you

ITT: software no one uses except you

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TidOS/gshell
youtube.com/watch?v=N6qapja6_j0
beets.readthedocs.io/en/v1.4.1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

only when picard is a fag and doesn't have it

Why on earth would you ever need that? Especially when you can just google it or something?

>Especially when you can just google it or something?

Yeah, good luck "googling" 500 different albums individually. Did you really need to ask this?

2 seconds

not fast enough.

What the fuck do you even need 500 album cover pictures for?

for my music library, what else? how do you even remember to breathe?

So you're telling me that you
>keep physical music on your drive
>probably fucking actually pay for it
>don't get the music without the album cover

Dude this is stuff you do in grade school. Even if you were to pirate the album the album cover would come with the music.

>using the shit 150x150 album art included in torrents
>not 5000x5000 lossless PNG scans

fucking normie go back to facebook

>>keep physical music on your drive
you don't? are you going to tell me you're a streamfag next?

>>probably fucking actually pay for it
where are you even basing these presumptions off of?

>>don't get the music without the album cover
if an album I download comes with covert art, I never use them as I prefer all my artwork come from one source (usually last.fm or itunes). if they come with cover art embedded I always delete those as well, as I personally hate that.

Shell I maek for Sup Forums but nobody like
github.com/TidOS/gshell

In the picture of OP's original post, I see 800x800, 800x793, 771x768, 590x598, 600x600... The best there is like 1300x1300.

Again, I just don't understand why you would need the album cover in the first place. How often do you look at them?

That 5k album art

>In the picture of OP's original post, I see 800x800, 800x793, 771x768, 590x598, 600x600

It depends on the source of the artwork, that's why I try to use the last.fm script whenever possible as it rarely fails me and the quality is good.

>not using h265 I-frames

It's been a while, but Magix music software. In the 90's I had a Magix program to make MIDI compositions and I liked it, so when hardware advanced enough to make home recording viable I ended up using Magix music maker or whatever it was called

was fully aware of fruity loops, cakewalk etc but felt loyal enough to Magix to pirate their shit instead

nmon i see alot of people using htop just for an ansi gui

> if an album I download comes with covert art, I never use them as I prefer all my artwork come from one source (usually last.fm or itunes).

I have PDD-NOS, and even I'm not that autistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=N6qapja6_j0

I don't want low quality jpeg shit, and that's usually what you get when you just take whatever you get when downloading music.

What's wrong with foobar's built in tagging functionality?

TagScanner searching ISRC on discogs. Absolutely anal about about getting the right pressing info.

Why are cucks so damn autistic about their music?

It's just music you dumb asperger fags, you hit the play button and let the sound vibrations do their magic, there is no need to download high quality cover art or any of that equally ridiculous nerd pussy shit.

I say this as a hardened Sup Forums veteran

>Absolutely anal about about getting the right pressing info.

I know what you mean. I usually just copy/paste track names from wikipedia, and it's suffering.

Not him, but it's much nicer when you're doing a lot of changes. If I spot a mistake while I'm listening to a song I'll fix it quickly in foobar though.

mp3tag has more features that I want.

Works with amazon's, discogs', musicbrainz's APIs as well as freedb.

I thought i was the only one who used TagScanner.

cheers user

are you me?

does this embeds the cover in the file or it saves a separation cover file?

separate file

I'm still the only one who uses the software I've written.

Not that I've published it or anything

Hamster Mail-News server

ZorinOS

QEMU and KVM.
Since apparently i'm the only person on Sup Forums who needs virtualisation

Also try out beets.readthedocs.io/en/v1.4.1/
This shit tags and converts music. Just takes around 15 minutes to set up

Literally only use it to unbind scroll lock.

10/10 would recommend.

Does custom software count?

I use it when I have to deal with winshit to get a bearable layout

>Works with amazon's, discogs', musicbrainz's APIs as well as freedb.
There are foobar plugins for that.

You can do this in Windows Media Player with few clicks

It'll retag your songs too

awww yis

>ctrl+f "solus"
>no matches
i guess even kevin a life.

>mail-news
what

but what do they do

>ubersicht
puts "widgets-like" hackable stuff on desktop on separate layer so its a part of a background essentially
>lilyview
macOS borderless image viewer, better than Preview
>truecrypt
well..

is Preview what's used when you hit space on an image file? because i do that all the time

no, the "Preview" is a separate macOS app, space in Finder shows a preview of a picture using built-in viewer

oh, gotcha
have a nice day user

What is a good image viewer that allows easy tagging? I've been using adobe bridge since Picasa got killed, but it crashes quite often for me.

Vopt. Nice.

Free RAR Extract Frog

I never liked WinRAR for the fact that having a trial of something on my PC made me feel cheap lol.

7zip homie....

I only ever DL 7zip if I need it for a .7z file, which isn't that often.

>frogware

Its also free, well reputable, open-sourced and doesn't have a suspicious name. Not saying FrogZip or whatever isn't, i haven't looked at it personally.

>not using software made by our lord and savoir.

lmao

honestly this doesn't look like bad software

what does it do?

It's a program to share media everywhere.

this . i use it to stream lossless movies and music from my computer to other computers or phones over the internet.

>extracting archives to a temp folder and -then- copying it to the destination folder, then deleting said temp folder
7zip is retarded

>>keep physical music on your drive

.... uhhh retard of the year award

i have no knowledge in that area, but is it better than ultimate media server?

>download the only song I like from an album
>set album art
>autism kicks in and now I have to download the rest of the album

>Ultra dancehall
Wtf how did I miss this?!?

I stopped allowing myself to have just one song off an album a long time ago.

We don't all live inside of Starcucks with 24/7 wifi connections.

that software uses DLNA. Well, I am not sure if mine is better, because I never used yours. Mine seems more lightweight and I don't know if yours only works in the same network (i can stream with mobile data). Subsonic also lets you choose how it transcodes, and much more stuff.
That said, it supports DLNA too so it's probably not a step down. It is part of the premium featues though ($12 a year)

Nobody ever listens when I tell them how essential it is

looks better than daemon tools tobh familia

Wordperfect>ms word in all ways

>i can stream with mobile data
fuck, that probably won't work for me since my isp started cucking my server hosting abilities
>$12 a year
doesn't seem too bad

Only for RAM drives?

You don't need to open it to unrar something either, you just double click a rar file and a box will open, click ok then wait for it to Unrar.

One of my most used programs famalam
Note that the latest stable version has issues with ReFS partitions, use the beta if you're using that meme

for some reason this reminds me of when i was 12 messing around with all sorts of silly programs on mom's laptop

all i had to do was setup port forwarding for a single port. i dont think it will be a problem, you can try if it works. the first 30 days is free. after that you can still use most features. there's also a way to get premium for free, but then if you want to stream with mobile data you need to set up a static IP

HOW FAST

step it up

The 5th and 9th are pretty good songs.

Once it's indexed everything it's instant, indexing doesn't take long neither
I would make a webm but I don't want my name to show up in the video :x

>port forwarding
that's the term i was looking for, my isp decided to start charging extra for that a year ago for no reason

INDEX = HDD CACHE OR RAM RAPE?

wow, where do you live? that would suck hard for me.

Eh I'm not really sure, probably RAM if anything since it uses NTFS journals for indexing, which also makes it always stay up to date too

This fucking thing right here.
The new Sticky Notes sucks

OK THANK YOU

denmark, which is surprising since there is no monopoly on internet here (unlike usa)

>5 years ago
>host openttd and teamspeak servers for all the lads
>1 year ago
>cry, alone

It can do ram disks but I only use it for mounting disk images tbqf

If there's no monopoly then why don't you just go with a provider who doesn't charge for it LMFAO

>free of ugly fonts

Was this meant to be ironic?

Ask the dev, I don't know or care.

I use that everytime I download music from the web.

I'm probably the only human being who uses this editor on Windows