RUMOR

Those of you who are a little older remember the times when Microsoft hated Linux and refused to even use the name "Linux" on their website?

A friend of mine works at Microsoft and he told me this integration will go much farther than we imagine ,in fact, Microsoft is internally testing their own distribution of Linux

Can you imagine if Microsoft Corp develops their GUI around the Linux Kernel ? it will be the end of Canonical , Red Hat ...

That's why they said Windows 10 "is the last windows"

You read it on Sup Forums first

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/ballmer-i-may-have-called-linux-a-cancer-but-now-i-love-it/
infoworld.com/article/2984858/sdn/is-it-opposite-day-microsoft-has-a-new-linux-distro.html
krita.org/en/
youtube.com/watch?v=IVXJmfd3cmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How the times are changing.

Google made a fork Ubuntu too. Nothing happened, but if MS want to try destroy Linux they have to further even if GPL makes it next to impossible.

Intel has ClearLinux, and Microsoft is supposedly porting their SQL to Linux. It doesn't surprise me at all.

>Can you imagine if Microsoft Corp develops their GUI around the Linux Kernel ? it will be the end of Canonical , Red Hat ...
Only if the whole system is auditable and open source. Otherwise it's only a microsoft/nsa shitshow

literally nobody cares you sperg

Microsoft isn`t that bad anymore, If microsoft ever publish some distro it will be some azure cloud thingy(Microsoft already has an internal linux distro).
My hope is that microsoft helps the wine guys so linux would have a neat compatibility.
Also, if microsoft do the visual studio for linux rebrand of monodev then what OP is saying is possible.

>defending Microsoft
>has non-american keyboard characters

like pottery

They'll make it so only their linux can play windows games, and try to destroy wine.

>Ballmer: I may have called Linux a cancer but now I love it

What did he mean by this?

zdnet.com/article/ballmer-i-may-have-called-linux-a-cancer-but-now-i-love-it/

>Also, if microsoft do the visual studio for linux rebrand of monodev

Then we will see Microsoft branded OSX too. I call this bullshit.

>Microsoft isn't that bad anymore
>not knowing about EEE
costanza.tiff

Embrace,
Extend,
Extinguish.

Why would Microsoft help developing a piece of software which would allow their users to switch to Linux operating systems?
This. Linux is more relevant than Windows in everything except desktop operating systems.

Literally who fucking cares.

>like pottery

I would be surprised if Microsoft made a "free" windows based on Linux that implements half of the current win-kernel and shit just to gain more marketshare.

>Can you imagine if Microsoft Corp develops their GUI around the Linux Kernel ?

So telemetry and backdoors will be compiled into their custom Linux kernel? Got it.

Nice to see fellow pajeet around here.

He's from Sup Forums.

And the lawsuits will begin because MS will want to won all Linux code for now and forever.

Ingles?

MS won't shoot their own foot by helping Wine.
They will switch to Linux or other *nix kernel only if they don't have other choice.
They are still going strong in gaming and some heavy desktop apps like CAD. Only when almost all game devs move to Vulkan and all busyness app move to web then MS will have no meaning in clinging to their shitty windows kernel.

I do.

Nobody cares about the shitty windows gui, its all about software compatibility. Not sure how they'd pull that one off.

>Microsoft is internally testing their own distribution of Linux
>tfw Windows is so shit that even Microsoft knows

>Nobody cares about the shitty windows gui
I do desu, It was quite good. The current version is trash though.

How do you know they're non-american?

t. Nordic keyboard fag

They already have a linux distro

>Azure Cloud Switch is a custom version of Linux designed for running switches in Microsoft's own data center

infoworld.com/article/2984858/sdn/is-it-opposite-day-microsoft-has-a-new-linux-distro.html

Embrace
Extend
Extinguish

Th being said I wouldn't mind graphical toolkit and desktop environments made by memesoft

Anything to end the shitshow called GTK.

>memesoft winds up improves linux more than any other organization
*giggles*

The answer you seek is Qt.
If only it had C# bindings it would be perfect.

Like *Poettering

>Linux releases a linux compatible library for all directX's
I might have been too concerned about M$ getting into the linux foundation just to destroy it from the inside out, but if this is true, it might be a godsent.

They actually realized the core of their operating system is bullshit, so they'll make the switch.

Only time will tell.

It's been a decade and It stil hasn't dethroned GTK.

I appreciate their approach to licensing, but it's not enough.

I have like two applications that use Qt.

Yeah, the current CEO have done huge changes. And is much more friendly towards the competition. Windows 10 is still a botnet and considering the fall in quality since Windows XP it is about time it ended

Why would anyone use ms linux? Windows isnt necessary to anything, it doeant peovide any advantage to other os' and any windows program could easily be written for linix. Additionally any windows program can be run under wine

Are you talking about the apostrophe? That's right beside 1. `

They should port their libraries to Linux and make a official compatibility layer, like wine but good.
I would buy that shit.

They would be a competition to Rhel and sles for sure.

If they managed to introduce shitton of abstraction layers and integrate AD with Linux it would mak an attractive offer to businesses, because they don't care about efficiency.

I just want Photoshop on Linux.
I'll eventually stop playing vidya, and at that time I really hope the Adobe suite is available on Linux so I can stop dual booting windows.

That would allow them to milk Linux users too. Normie's won't switch to Linux just because of that and they would get a bit of extra money from people that usually wouldn't give them a single penny.

Microsof dumped billions into adobe to make their creative software work on windows (long term investment, initially they lost a lot of money)

Unless someone from the Linux world car es enough (they dont) to do the same, creative suite for Linux will stay on the wishlist.

Why don't you ban pajeets in you country? They look awful.

lmao it's been years now
they don't give a fuck
they never will give a fuck
they're making more money from macfags than they ever will from linux

so i mean *shrugs*

>their linux can play windows games
in this already cancerous thread, you win the prize

where's my old and beloved Sup Forums?

>like pottery

the kde stuff is pretty good depending on what you use it for. For example, if you use it for digital painting there is this:

krita.org/en/

That's because Windows is so shitty, there's just no fixing it.

I figured they would migrate to a BSD, though.

Would love a version of Office for Linux, but I won't hold my breath.

Microsoft is going to buy Cannonical.

Gimp or tell me if wine works with photoshop

It didnt work or something?

They wouldn't even cover their development costs by working on linux

>It didnt work or something?
Photoshop didn't appear on Windows for like a decade from its release.

Microsoft saw its potential at bringing consumers and invested in it

Gimp is trash compared to Photoshop.
It's extremely unintuitive and much slower than Photoshop.

>buy Cannonical

youtube.com/watch?v=IVXJmfd3cmg

You could have stopped at "Gimp is crap". It's objectively one of the least user friendly applications ever made.