Sorry guys im really new to computers but i need help...

Sorry guys im really new to computers but i need help, i have this port next to my DVI cable and im unaware of its purpose. Its connected to my Amd radeon 6450 video card.

Can anyone tell me what it does and what cable i need to utilize it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/de-de/products/graphics/desktop/6000/6450#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's HDMI 1.1 you silly goose.
They didn't slant both sides until 1.2
It makes it easier to push it in and pull it out but also helps maintain grip so it doesn't slide out on its own

DVI port*

>>>/sqt/

also its displayport

>Google.com
>'AMD Radeon 6450'
/sage

U R such a le noob Xd!!!!!

displayport, just another digital video output

Awsome bro, i thought it was some sort of hdmi but i didnt think it was an earlier one. Thanks alot

I did, its was saying hdmi 1.4a on their website which i new was incorrect.

Also i like you guys and wanted to bother you with my petty ass questions

it's an usb

it does usb things

ethernet

dude you got a dell? i didn't read responses but the shape looks like Dell's old bullshit displayport

not very smart, i'm just on Sup Forums because Kevin pays me .25 everytime i say Solus (kaching) so I might be wrong

ALSO, are any of you familiar with usb mobile Internet tethering?
I have unlimited data on my phone and was wondering if I'd get faster connection speeds if i was to connect through a usb 3.0 port.

I dont have any usb 3.0 ports on my computer and dont want to buy a usb 3.0 pci-e card just to find out the speeds are the same

Yeah a dell...

I havent owned a computer in 10 years and just wanted a quick buy

-Intel i7 2600
-8gb ram
-500gb hdd
-amd radeon 6450 1gb

All for $300 with a shitty keyboard and mouse.

Good buy?

Not bad.

Just upgrade the graphics card and you can play the latest games on ultra settings easily.

It's good to see more people mentioning Solus. It's a nice distro, and even though you are trolling it's still free advertisement for Ikey. (:

It's a displayport. But it's almost useless now. MiniDP and soon USB-C with TB3 are/will become the standard.

What kind of videocard would recommend? I have an extra PCI-E port and could just throw in another card but sounds like a waste of space

Im sketchy about paying too much at the moment cos im unsure of how my phones internet speed will handle online gaming hence the questions about the USB 3.0

What's the power supply and what connectors does it have?

You might need a new power supply unless you're okay with a weaker graphics card. You won't be able to play on ultra though. I'd recommend an rx 470 or gtx 550 ti if you're on a budget.

yeah good buy. I have an old optiplex i got for cheap on craigslist as my desktop as well.

you can get an adaptor to make this hdmi. I think they abandoned it finally, my latest latitude has regular hdmi out but my last one and my optiplex both have this gay displayport

I fucked up, the housing on this dell is as tight as a nuns cunt.

Ive got a 240 Watt psu power supply in it and i doubt id find anything with more wattage at such a compact size.

Dont hate but im predominantly a Ps4 gamer, just spent $400 on a console/controller/7 games/ 24" benq monitor

Why would I hate? PS is pretty great.

Also. Your cpu is 95w, you should be fine squeezing in a gtx 1050 ti which is only 75w.

With a 1050 ti your power consumption shouldn't go higher than 200w, and your power supply is 240w.

Just a suggestion.

God damn, they aren't lying when they said that Riker was 'the rapist from Star Trek'

You stupid fucking idiot... It's not an HDMI port.

Niceee, was worried about getting too close to my power supplies max output but if thats the case.

Might just sell the ps4 and use my computer as my go to unit.

Should i consider buying a SSD as my primary drive or will my HDD be suffice

is it a render? looks good

amd.com/de-de/products/graphics/desktop/6000/6450#

>DisplayPort 1.2
>Max resolution: 2560x1600 per display
>Multi-Stream Transport
>21.6 Gbps bandwidth
>High bit-rate audio

>HDMI 1.4a with Stereoscopic 3D Frame Packing Format, Deep Color, xvYCC wide gamut support, and high bit-rate audio
>Max resolution: 1920x1200

>Dual-link DVI with HDCP
>Max resolution: 2560x1600

>VGA
>Max resolution: 2048x1536

If you don't know what HDMI DisplayPort VGA or DVI looks like then just google it.

Most phones only have USB 2.0. Maybe some USB C phones do have 3.1 Gen 1 or Gen 2.