Sup Forums help me

Sup Forums help me
I have 2 routers
Router A is connected to ISP and has 2 ports ,a Giga one which i connect straight to my PC and a 10/100 one connected to the wan port of router B in my other port and from that router to a PC.
The thing is that only the PC connected to the giga one has internet .
If i connect the router B to the giga port of router A then the PC connected true the router B has internet but the other one doesnt.
I tried connecting the second PC directly to mega port of router A and give it a manual IP address in the router A LAN and i was able to ping router A but nothing else.

Install Gentoo.

/thread

What the fuck are you on and where can I get some?

1st router goes to your ISP
2nd router needs to be connected using LAN port not WAN port
and needs to be on the same segment as router 1

if i connect true the giga interface my router B on WAN port i have internet on the PC connected true router B,the thing is if i do it on the mega interface i dont have internet.

>Disable DHCP on router B, it will become just a switch.
>Connect it to normal port, not a WAN port
>???
>Install Gentoo

so once i disconnect dhcp i give second PC addres in the lan of first PC ,right?
but my question is why didnt this work,if i connect true the giga interface it simply gives me 100 mbps cap but if i put on the mega interface i have no internet

i tried this and PC conencted to router B can only ping router A no,also i had to manually give it a address cause it wouldnt DHCP.

If you disable the DHCP on router B it will let the router A handle the DHCP request. So you don't have to set IP manually.
That's how I did it in a similar situation:
Router A has IP address of something like 192.168.1.1 (with sub-net mask 255.255.255.0) and its DHCP is configured to give IPs to clients in range of 192.168.1.100 - 150.
I set the IP of router B to something like 192.168.2.1 and disable the DHCP. When you connect through router B you get the IP in range of 192.168.1.100-150 and internet should be working. But you can't access router B like that if you need to reconfigure something like wi-fi password. You need to manually set the IP on a computer to 192.168.2. to be able to access the router B at 192.168.2.1.
As to why it does not work the way you configured it, I have no fucking idea.

wtf mods am i literally being doxxed? how do you literally have pictures of my literal girlfriend

the problem is the megabit port on the router A ,everything i connect to it doesnt reach anything.

I tried now to connect to router A giga port first PC and true the mega interface the router B with disabled DHCP and using the lan ports with the second PC.
I had the give second PC manual IP address in router A lan because it wouldnt give and now on first PC i can ping second PC and have internet but on second PC i can ping router A but i cant ping first PC and dont have internet.

Please draw it in Paint, I'm too retarded to imagine what is happening based on your horribly spelled posts.

so i disabled the dhcp on second router,the fist router lan IP address is 192.168.1.1 and gives DHCP IP to first PC 192.168.1.2 ,now thats the only DHCP it gives,it doesnt give PC 2 a second address.
I tried manually giving PC 2 an IP address 192.168.1.5 and i can now first router A but cant ping PC1 or internet ,meanwhile on PC1 i can ping PC2 and have internet.

Have you tried connecting router B to the gigabit port on A and connecting both PCs to router B? Could it be that the 2nd port on router A is configured for some special use like printer server or some shit?

You should make sure the router B's ports work as a switch. It's not obvious. You could always connect the router B' WAN port to router A's 100M port and use router B as another NAT.

dont have a wire but i cant see why i would do that ,i want giga speed.

You should get a gigabit SWITCH, not a router.

>You could always connect the router B' WAN port to router A's 100M port and use router B as another NAT.
this is what i was doing to get internet on my second PC but it only works if i connect true the giga port and then i have to move first pc to mega port and first pc wont have internet.

i am going to get a giga switch or a wire for giga as in the second PC but for now i need internet on both PC'S

Oh then there is obviously something wrong with the router A. If I understand it correctly:
>PC1 R1 port 100M doesn't work
>PC1 R1 port 1000M works
It all boils down to this problem. Check the 100M port's configuration.

When you get the 100M port working as it should, there won't be need for the second router.

>dont have a wire
judging from your drawing you have enough wires
>but i cant see why i would do that
to check whether there is a problem with 100m port on router A

Anyone have a name?

i have a giga wire but its too short and i can only use it to give giga to first PC and it works but if i move the giga wire to the 100 one it doesnt work.

>giga wire
Any Cat5E wire can do 1 gigabit. You only need Cat 6 and 7 for 10 gigabits.
And it looks like there is a problem with 100M port on the 1st router.

yes,the 100m wont give address to wheover is connected with it and wont allow to browse internet and if you the router connected to it address in that lan you can access the router but dont have internet or ping other PC on the giga interface

Who is this semen demon