Did I make a mistake by switching to Information Systems from Computer Science?

Did I make a mistake by switching to Information Systems from Computer Science?

I failed Calc 1 twice and switched over. I made all A's in my CS classes, but I hadn't taken the weed out data structures class.

What is Sup Forumscs opinion of IS in general?

If you failed Calc 1 twice I highly doubt you'd be able to pass Calc 2, and you'd have a lot of trouble in the other math classes anyway

This, Calc 1 is a joke, so is Calc 2 until you get to series

>failing Calc1 twice
You should just drop out. You need math for programming. If you can't even pass calc 1, you'll waste your money/time.

Either man up and actually study or get back to minimum wage.

Wow, even I got an A in calc 1 on my first try and I'm an idiot.

The vast majority of programming jobs do not require advanced math. CS is definitely math-heavy, but most people that get a CS degree just get it to land a cushy programming job.

Information Systems is what non autists take.

You're on the track to being their boss one day.

>I don't know what I'm talking about: the post
Outside of games and robots, you have zero need for calculus. Programming requires a good knowledge of mathematics, but calc is not the kind of math you need.

Discreet mathematics is the base science of the computer.

>failed Calc 1

Nigger what? High schools are starting to teach classes on that. You're dumb as hell.

>I failed Calc 1 twice
A university degree isn't for everyone, OP. Someone has to maintain roads, powerlines, build houses, etc.

There's nothing shameful or bad about working a trade, no matter what the media tries to tell you.

IS is about as meaningful as women's studies.

> (OP) (You)
>>I failed Calc 1 twice
>A university degree isn't for everyone, OP. Someone has to maintain roads, powerlines, build houses, etc.
>There's nothing shameful or bad about working a trade, no matter what the media tries to tell you.

I've put too much money into it at this point. But as far as grades it's just math and science I can't do well. Since I've switched I've done a lot better.

this... this pic is not real, tight? ...right?

Trump is meme, why did you think memes are smart?

Yes you're retarded or a reptilian if you think vaccine can't cause autism.

You should use www.khanacademy.com for calc exercises. They have everything you need, even the dumbest fuck can get an A in calc with khanacademy.com. You just need to do the effort and do enough exercises until it's like ABC. Computer Science is a math degree. And only like 10% of the courses you take has anything to do with either computers or science. Rest is matg.

Even for games you don't need calc unless you're programming a physics engine.

It's useful to know Calc if you actually know how it's used. Whenever you want to know the rate of change of anything. It can be useful in all sorts of situations if you actually keep it in mind. It might save you hours or weeks of work

Well, then you should've just tried harder to pass calc. Coming from someone who has always taken the easy road, it doesn't take you to a good place.

This isn't free is it?

>read about people failing calculus all the time
>tfw never did math that comes even close to calc

Where can I learn the basics to find out if I can do this?

why are so many people bad at math