/pcbg/ - PC Building General-Spooky Edition

Post your component list, rate other anons', ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price or to improve specs or build quality.

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons by vendor and compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

>Gaming builds based on purpose or display resolution / Hz
>To activate the Description, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list
>Description contains notes, other options, and build skeleton for easy customization / cost savings
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

>Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
>Consider substituting an i5 6500 for an i3 in any RX470/480 or GTX 1060 tier build
>Consider stock fan+heatsink for any i3 or locked i5 build
>Consider a B150 mobo for any i3 build
>Add a 240GB SSD to the "Great" tier build
logicalincrements.com/

>General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/9Pbm4nHL (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/bYtmFd
pcpartpicker.com/list/pWC2bj
pcpartpicker.com/list/QLz84C
144hzmonitors.com/monitors/acer-xz350cu-35-inch-ultrawide-144hz-va-freesync-monitor/
pcpartpicker.com/list/382Qf8
amazon.com/Rosewill-Gaming-Computer-NIGHTHAWK-117/dp/B019FN63DK
pcpartpicker.com/list/wKqqPs
pcpartpicker.com/list/LHpfFd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pcpartpicker.com/list/bYtmFd
What ya think Sup Forums? Good enough for gaming at 1440p 60hz and some overclocking?

there is crucial sport 16 gigs kit in sale now, but its 6 year old ram. is it still worth using for years to come?
also a bit pricer but still 4 year old crucial vengeance kit

does cloning OS works everytime or only for some brands of ssds? read some review comments that said it didnt worked for them

pcpartpicker.com/list/pWC2bj

Thoughts on this? Is this as cheap as I can get it for playing games on high settings at 1080p? I have to keep changing the RAM because the prices keep going back up but as long I as get 2x8GB DDR4-3000, it's all good.

Also, I was thinking of buying some of these on ebay particularly the HDDs. I see that there are some pretty good ones on ebay that go for cheaper than what is shown on Pcpartpicker. Some are used, but as I check they were only used for a brief moment to see if it's working I think.

bump up your power supply to like 750 that way you could put another card in later if you wanted, it would be about $20 more.

I guess I could bump it up but isnt 750 overkill? Wouldnt 650 be more than enough?

Thoughts on this poorfag gaymen rig? It's my first build.

pcpartpicker.com/list/QLz84C
The SSD is $25 off w/visa checkout, and the i3 and 1050 are both 25% off at jet.com so it brings the price down to just under $400. I know the 1050 is a very low end card, but I don't plan on playing any games from the past few years so I think it should handle my needs. My other option is a RX 470 4gb, but that pushes up the price by $60 and cuts into my budget for a monitor. I'm not sure the performance increase for the games I'm playing is worth it considering that I am on a pretty tight budget.

You know what is really spooky??
For maybe 300€ I can now build a PC stronger than the one I have built 7 years ago for 1000+€.
Fuck technology.
If I buy a 1000€ PC now will it be beaten by 300€ PCs in 7 years???

Prove it, show us what you got and the 300 build that will beat it.

I was thinking of replacing the core i5-6600k with the i5-6500 and the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB with the 1060 instead.

I want to play overwatch on ultra/epic settings at 1080p. Will downgrading effect this goal enormously? I'll probably upgrade months after the fact.

No

This cost around 1000€ back in the days.

So it's all good? Very well. I just saved 200 bucks.

Should I drop the RAM from 16GB to 8GB or just leave it alone? Maybe change the MOBO just to accommodate with the downgrade?

Prebuilt i7 4790
12 gb ram
GTX 980 ti
Sandisk ultra 2 240gb

i should have bought a better ssd

Having a Z170 board is useless if you dont have a K series CPU so yes.

I'm pretty sure I can't afford my goal PC today, but I was recommended to at least purchase the most expensive components I can while they're on the best deals they'll be for quite some time.

With that said, I have no build prepared save for a few items:
>i5 6600k
>RX 480
>some sort of BD drive
>at least 8GB RAM

I'd like to keep the entire build around or under $800.

The purpose is to be able to edit/render videos, record instruments/DAW, play vidya with my friends at High settings or better in 1080p, and possibly stream as well.

Acer XZ350CU

144hzmonitors.com/monitors/acer-xz350cu-35-inch-ultrawide-144hz-va-freesync-monitor/

$500

Yes or no? Or just get a 1080p Asus swift thing?

I'm a complete novice, but I did read in a guide that it is generally better to purchase and build at the same time in the event that you have to return something or get a defective component.

is there any point in future-proofing anymore

Building my first pc, would like to get some advice/get shitted on for my current build.
Mostly going to use it for gaymes and graphic design softwares.

pcpartpicker.com/list/382Qf8

What's up Sup Forums, elegan/tg/entleman here.

This is my first time on this board so please let me know of I'm being a colossal faggot.

I wanted to ask a few people who have gotten SSDs recently what have their experiences have been with different brands? My story is I built a PC for gaming about... 3 years ago, back when SSDs were just starting to get off the ground and I got a small Samsung EVO 120GB SSD for the OS and your usual WD Black for games, my documents and other shit. Now this thing is filled and giving me low space messages (Probably thanks to fucking windows) and I am looking to have it replaced by something bigger, my aim is 480-500 gigs.

And while I am skilled enough to know how to put a PC together, I really don't care to keep up with the numbers game every 6 months when something new comes out, so I wanna know your stories with other brands. Is Samsung still the top dog? or have cheaper brands caught up to them? what about migration software? are some brands better or more shit at it than others? If you could provide me with some of your experiences it would be greatly appreciated.

>amazon.com/Rosewill-Gaming-Computer-NIGHTHAWK-117/dp/B019FN63DK

Is this case OK Sup Forums?

It has everything I was looking for in a case:
>tons of drive slots
>room for 280 mm radiator on the top
>full tower

Seems like it has everything, and is on sale for cyber monday. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a notorious POS or something.

Never hurts to ask the board that loves the shit after all.

Is there a 24/25 reliable gayman monitor in existence for poorfags like me?

Getting trough a mountain of shit is really irritating.

>tfw no good cyber Monday deals

What is the difference between 6500k and 6600k, which one is better for just gaymin and codin? Is there a big difference?

if you buy a great system right now it will remain a great system in the future. Better technology will always keep popping up so there is no future proofing. Just buy the best you can afford and use that until it breaks/ something significantly better comes out. And keeping in mind new cpus mean new motherboard and possibly new rams so yeah, no future proofing

I'm looking for a monitor to go with my i7 integrated graphics card PC. As you have guessed, i don't play games. I mostly browse da net, use office and watch movies. I have enough m@ney to buy good shit.

Suggest me a good model faggots!

Forgot picture.

Yes, if you dont live in the US, mostly, because the prices are usually higher.

Looks ok. You can hardly go wrong with a case as long as your shit fits on it.

Pretty much the only two SSD brands that are even worth considering are Samsung and Crucial.
Samsung is still top dog yes and also has the best migration software but it only works with their SSDs
Crucial also makes good SSDs, they aren't as good as Samsung SSDs but they have a very good price/performance ratio.
I'd say either get a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB or a Crucial MX300 525GB. The Samsung is slightly better and comes with neat migration software but the Crucial is cheaper and has 25GB more space.

Fuck you, what resolution and size do you want? Be a bit more specific fag.

What would you say about sandisk ssd?

Is this still worth upgrading GPU/CPU or should I get a new rig?

if you're really cheap you can get a second hand i7 & 16 gb of ram

if you want to build a pc to enter the future,
get a i5 6600k,z170 mobo,& some 2x8Gb ddr4 ram

or if you're cheap and want to enter the future get a i5 6500, H series mobo, and some 2x4Gb ddr4 ram

That 1060 is way overpriced.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks for the tip man. I'll be browsing the guides, too.

What do I buy looking for deals on 1070 or 1080

>Resolution
At least FullHD

>Size
20-27"

bump

1060 should be

Anyone else hates their third world country where any hardware has 60%+ markups?

Why does DDR4 ram has such high timings? I was used with ddr3 being 9-9-9-24, DDR4 is 15~17 and 35~40

Thanks man.

I don't know too much about manufactures of most parts but I was just thinking that cases were one of those prime situations where a company could produce something based entirely on ascetics with zero consideration for something basic like airflow.

Bump

da

I can't find a 1060 below 200 dollars on Pcpartpicker. The most I see here is 239.99.

Blame your currency + import taxes

Get a new graphics card and hold off on the CPU. You'll be able to pick up an i7 3770K for cheap near the middle of next year

Pretty much any SSD is fine at this point

No such thing as i5 6500K fagtron

Ugly, look at the Fractal Design cases

When Zen and Coffee Lake come out, yes. Even now an unlocked i7 will last a long fucking time.

Looks ok, check reviews for Freesync ghosting

Not entirely true. He could upgrade to an unlocked CPU and use fast RAM in the meantime

Don't buy now, wait for another year then buy. And yes, that's how tech works

650W is fine. You don't want to mGPU 300W cards anyway. Talk about housefire

Looks good, consider an HGST HDD

I have a prebuilt cyberpower pc and plan on adding a 250GB 850 Evo as well as upgrading my GPU.

I'm thinking about getting the EVGA FTW 1070 (only $2 more than the SC edition on Amazon).

I've heard of the EVGA cards having overheating issues, but are they really as bad as I've heard some people say they are? If that's the case, what other cards would you recommend?

I plan on gaming in 1080p but want to future-proof my GPU.

I'm also concerned that the card might be too big for my case (Black X-Trooper). I'm currently running a Radeon HD7870 w/ an i7-3770K.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Can check case dimensions. It's probably fine.
At least upgrade to a nice monitor if you get a 1070

I can't really wait for another year. I might be able to wait for Zen but no longer probably.

If you have to buy now just get a Z170 mobo + i3 6100 + 3000MHz RAM and upgrade to an unlocked i7 (either Skylake or Kaby Lake) when need be

Never built a pc before, want a good enough pc to get 1080/60+fps on max. I really don't know shit about specific parts and how they compare, nor do I have any idea how to tell if they fit together. Mainly I want to leave plenty of room for upgrades later on, and I want to avoid the mobo being the biggest bottleneck if/when I upgrade years down the road.

Tell me how shit I am then please tell me how to fix it.

So instead of paying 350€ for i7 right away you are telling me to pay 120€ for i3 and then additional 350 for i7 later.
For what purpose? What is the point of buying an inferior CPU and not being able to use the PC for what am I supposed to be using it instead of buying the CPU that would be good right away?

pcpartpicker.com/list/wKqqPs

I downgraded my CPU and GPU which saved me almost 200 dollars which is cool. I couldn't find a cheaper GPU 1060 on pcpartpicker though.

I think I'm going to keep the MOBO even though it's a z170 because the h170 mini ITX MOBOs are almost the same price as this so it's no big deal price wise and I'm planning on upgrading the cpu anyways.

I'm probably going to buy the HDDs on ebay since they're cheaper.

My goal is the play most games (particularly Overwatch) on high/max settings at 1080p. Also download lots of JAV. Any suggestions would be great.

Can't use the i7 6700K with an x99 mobo. Need a Z170. No point in spending a lot of money on it as long as it has the features / ports you want.

If you clearly have money to burn get a 1440p, >100Hz Gsync monitor, GTX1070, m.2 SSD

He said 2009 you scrub, and 1000 eurocbucks could absolutely get you a little more

You already got the expensive parts, now you just need "the rest of the PC" which really shouldn't change in price nor be over $100-200
Get a 600w 80+ bronze psu, a case, a $25 CPU cooler a drive or two (id recommend HDD+SSD but don't know your budget)

The i7 won't be 350 later. Zen's 6 core / 12 thread CPU (which will compete with Intel's 4c / 8t i7s) is rumored to cost 250USD. Intel is rolling out a 6c / 12t consumer part to compete with AMD's 8c / 16t part. CPU prices are about to plummet

So you can get a used i7 K series for cheap later on, probably around 200 if not 150USD. The i3 will last you a long fucking time anyway, easily 3 - 5 years depending on your standards

>I don't care about the numbers game
>is Samsung still top dog?
Samsung is still top top in terms of numbers only. Their Evos aren't exceptionally reliable and their 950s boil water, but they're are fast
Intel has the best SATA SSDs imo, they're overbuilt and have plenty of failsafes and capacitors.
And then you have the cheap end of SSDs (which are still fine, I'd say for you to get one of these or an 850 evo on sale), OCZ (now toshiba and better than before), Sandisk, crucial, all reasonably priced and fairly decent.
SSD are much more reliable overall than they used to be, so the cheap ones are great options

1060s are normally $250, it's the 3gb version that's $200, and they aren't normally below 200

That is just the thing. I don't live in murrica. The i7 will be 350€ till it gets discontinued. Nothing here will get any cheaper under any circumstances. It simply won't. They could release a 20 core for 50€ and the i7 would still stay 350€.
I need it for streaming stuff and perhaps soem video editing later down the road so I don't think the i3 will be enough.

Latency goes up with clock speeds, and DDR4 kicks ass in clock speed, so higher latency is just a byproduct
Higher frequencies are more important though, and 15CAS for 3200mhz is way better than the 10CAS for 1600mhz for ddr3

If you have needs now, like streaming and editing, of course get what you need, the i7.

But you're wrong about CPU prices not falling in your country. They will.

You say "he". That is me who posted those things. That is my PC. Things are expensive here. + back then it were my relatives that built it so they probably didn't find the best places to shop. Not that there are any here.

Don't get an X99 platform
And you don't need a 6700k. Get a Z170 board (still the latest and greatest, just can't do 6 gpus like X99), a 6600k, a 1080 if you really want it (a 1070 will be exactly as good at 1080p, a rx480 would be fine at 1080p really)

>toshiba ssd

hmm now thats interesting

really doubtful for intel. god knows what will be the course of action for amds with Zen

Well they got ripped off, just saying
Old tech is old tech, but what you posted is not high end old tech

All other AMD CPUs will drop since they're literally killing fm3 and older
Intel CPUs won't drop as zen isn't really competition to high end Intel even with zen

t. retard

Or do you think market forces are a meme?

I have a budget of 600€ or hopefully less, checked around using the OP's links and ended up with this list.
Is it decent? I'd rather not go lower than i5. Also I was hoping to find better deals today but nothing.

What are you trying to get out of your pc?

i7 6700k - 332€
i7 4790K - 350€

Well people have been saying Intel prices will drop every new Intel or AMD shrink, and I've been waiting since ivy bridge...

No, get the i3 6100 or the i5 6500
Get an aftermarket card

I need a cool white pc chassis in m-Atx. Anyone know some cool ones?

The market is holding its breath for zen, there's enough hype for zen to kill all other AMD sockets, even if zen isn't that good there's simply that much hype

Something everage overall, both for work and games but nothing minmaxed.

AMD hasn't been competitive for years, so of course those prices haven't dropped. Even if AMD's new 4c / 8t part is only on par with the i7 3770K it will significantly depreciate Intel's parts if the launch price is 150USD.

Look at it this way: Intel's 6c / 12t CONSUMER (not prosumer) parts will be approximately the same price as current consumer i7s. All current CPUs including will be depreciated after Zen (AMD) and Coffee Lake (Intel) get released.

AM4 will basically be AMD's only socket, with even the low end APUs being release on the socket next to the high end CPUs. Amazing in you want to get in at a low price and upgrade later.

Is that a 480 gpu? Looks good for a basic system, you can't overclock it but the 6500 is still a good CPU, I don't know if H110 motherboards can run 2400mhz ram (you might need stock 2133mhz)
It looks balanced though

The RAM will be automatically downclocked

>might buy a i5-3570k and LGA 1155 motherboard

It's still better than any AMD stuff, and it's cheaper or the same price, should I go for it?
Because the cpu will only cost $85 and the motherboard is $50

pcpartpicker.com/list/LHpfFd
Is this good enough for 1440p? Thinking about pairing this with an ROG Swift or Acer Predator.

Look mate. You clearly don't understand how things work outside america. The prices simply won't drop. I mean why would they? People here will either buy Intel or AMD. Regardless of how cheap or expensive they will be. They won't care and they won't have a choice.

Intels 6c non-meme-buyer market is the dime-a-dozen xeons, maybe zen could have a hand in that but it's almost entirely a used market already
For the regular consumers wanting "do-everything" CPUs, I don't think zen will push prices away from intels core line, as Intels core line doesn't highlight cheap multithreaded power, but mid-price multipurpose power

fuck so no dirt cheap fx? also seems zen will come here in Q2 late Q3 of 2017

He still doesn't need it if he can find stock ddr4 cheaper

Nope. In murrica there are shitloads of people, a big market so ofc they will try to gain as many buyers as possible for all their products. But in smaller countries they will just set and keep the prices high because why the fuck would they lower it?

Yes.

Gigabyte Gaming 1070 or EVGA SC 1070? Also, what are the size differences, and is the EVGA FTW card worth it if I'm not into overclocking?

>The prices simply won't drop. I mean why would they?
MARKET. FORCES. I'm done replying to you

Again, I'm not talking about Xeons. I'm talking about CONSUMER i7s.

Www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales

more like salesmen will pocket all those cheaper prices like eurojews they are
I remember when they priced the new amds gpu even higher than those rised up prices in america

Sometimes the 2400 is cheaper than 2133

fxs are at the limits of price, they also brand games and stuff with it and released them with wraith cooler

Thoughts on buying the parts individually?

You mean the quad cores with absolutely unrivaled IPC?
Yeah, a couple octacore bulldozer CPUs will change that

>Ugly, look at the Fractal Design cases
>ugly

Who fucking cares?