Why don't you own the best headphones in the past 20 years?

Why don't you own the best headphones in the past 20 years?

It's one of the few things in audio that aren't memes, and it's still relevant after two decades.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DXafRKe9klA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because I'm waiting on my HD650s (HD6xx) from massdrop. :)

I already have HD650, suck it nerds.

That's also acceptable tbqhfam, that deal is just too good. But favoring bass over mids is pretty retarded.

not knowing that EQ exists is pretty retarded

> he bought a headphone with a sound signature he doesn't like just to EQ it away

I went a bit crazy last year buying and selling headphones trying to find that one pair that i'd try and keep for life. It was the 600. They are absolutely perfect besides a slight lack of bass, but who cares. I also tried the 650 and they're the second best pair I've ever tried, the overall sound signature isn't as nice as the 600.

It's not really favoring bass over mids. I just saw the deal as too good to pass up. They are going to be my first pair of audiophile headphones. Gonna pair them with Schiit Modi2 + Magni2uber. Don't plan on buying anything else until the aforementioned breaks.

600's are slightly better but the 650's are close enough. You probably wont want another pair of headphones ever again after those.

>tfw got a nice deal on hd600 eight years ago, 190€ brand new
i do need to get new cushions though

>You probably wont want another pair of headphones ever again after those.

That's the idea. I like buying once and making it last.

Why do you think the HD600 are better than HD650 (except the bass/mid response)? Out of curiosity.

Because I don't want soft/veiled treble.

Hate that eq meme, its become way too prevelant in the past weeks, its possible to correct small mistakes but not bigger ones

They have better imaging for rock instruments

If you listen to rock, why not grado headphones?

Their treble trash

Momentum 2 is way better brah, time to update.

> Why don't you own the best headphones in the past 20 years?

why should i, when i have my ath-909s from late 80s

Ive just got myself beyer dt 990's the 600ohm edition, and also ordered a schiit uber stack, but those motherfuckers are reaaally taking their time so i cant listen yet... Seriously GLS shipping in Europe is the slowest i ever had to deal with

i already do

>One of the best headphones in the past 20 years
>Not owning one of the best headphones in the past 30 years.

I really like them, can use all day and not feel tired. Now looking to get an amp for them, most likely will be a DACportable. Also, I have this annoying thing where the part that rotates left ear got a bit stiff and doesn't rotate as smooth as the right one. Any way to fix that? It's still on guarantee but I don't want to wait 3 weeks for it to be fixed. I wish the inside of that part was accessible and not sealed.

>open back
Don't want everyone to hear my anime music

Have you tried the HD600/650s?

Beware treble!

yikes

Fidelio X2 or HD600, family?

HD600, but they are very different to compare, X2 is for bassheads hd is much more neutral.

yum

Thats not bose

i love my Sennheiser HD25, love the 120 DB

I own several - Grado are really quite bright around the 1KHz-2KHz range. An amp seems to even that out a little bit, and the higher end ones are a little smoother.

I wouldn't exactly call them comfortable, however, and gotta love that classy cardboard box packaging.

I really should get a pair, I quite like them. I feel like they desperately need an amp, however, they're not so easy to drive as most.

They do well enough with my macbookpro as far as volume goes but amp helps them to sound more 'solid'.

no, i just wanted to see if someone is going to say they are shit. dunno if the sennheisers are better

HD25 is life. Don't know how would I survive at this shitty office without them.

>its possible to correct small mistakes but not bigger ones
It can correct very big "mistakes" and colorations, just depends on what type.

rocking this badboy

you haven't heard bass so articulated and strong, until you heard this

MUH FICK

Because I fell for the 598 Cs meme on black Friday.

FYI, these headphones sound noticeably worse than the 380 pros that I bought forever ago to plug into my guitar amp. I plan on returning them and looking maybe in the 600's direction.

>he fell for the meme
patrician choice in that price bracket coming through

Because K1000's are really hard to find and stupid expensive

>tfw ordered a bunch of headphones and instantly got buyer's remorse and cancelled them all before I even got them

anything above this is placebo, no need to worry m8

>tfw have recently been getting a strong urge to start collecting headphones, and perhaps even try to find the perfect pair

It's a long way down the rabbit hole, Sup Forums.

What were they?

Not if you just get an HD 650

But I do. You just posted the wrong picture.

On what kind of standards are those the best in anything? They have no bass, they are really bright, notoriously insensitive and hard to actually use in practice because of the "open air" build that makes them fall off your head.

Stop using the word placebo if you don't have the faintest clue of what it even means.

Because that isnt a K702

Christmas came early this year.

Will the 600's pair nice with this kind of music?

youtube.com/watch?v=DXafRKe9klA

Sound signatures are always bad.

Why is Richard Gere an authority on headphones?

>not wireless
its shit

Because i have far superior ath-msr7

Because I like closed back headphones

Been using HD650 and an o2 odac for 3-4 years.

Where are my DT880 bros at?

Anyone around that has listened to both the K712 and the HD650?

HD650 + o2 amp, am not changing anything anytime soon.
Tried ATH-AD900x, better highs but too much treble for longtime usage.
Tried Fidelio X1, good sound but bass feels artificial and earmuffs are itchy.

Sounds nice on O2 + HD650 for what it's worth.

No one likes your +12dB treble mountain, go away

IN THE RETURNED AMAZON WAREHOUSEDEALS DEPARTMENT

>bose

Yes that happens every year to me. Just use lubricant in a can.