Xbox 360

I got this piece of shit console, and dont know what to do with it.

I'd like to convert it into something useful, but my research has concluded that its not worth my time, and I should just throw it away instead of trying to sell it.

Can someone enlighten me here about this useless thing?

It's literally garbage. Give it to some homeless people so thy can burn it for warmth.

What's wrong with it? It plays video games and they look decent on an HDTV from 15 feet away. Could still be using these if they had more RAM for bigger textures.

mod it so you can play all the games for xbox360 and xbox

>get $15
>spent it on an RGH chip
>solder it
>install gentoo
Your welcome

You do nothing, you just let it sit there and it will break itself by next week.

I dont want to create an xbox live account. But the poster below suggest I mod it to play all XBOX originals? hmmmm that would be worth it.

Get some of the good exclusive games it has for cheap from a second hand store or w/e. Halo, Forza, Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas.

Who said you need an Xbox Live account?

sell it for like $50

If you have a NAS/Media Server then you could use it as a media player my man

Other than that it's pretty worthless

It's better than Xbox One at least, despite being an outdated piece of trash.

You can take out what is inside, keep the case and assamble a PC inside of it. I will love to do that myself

Play games on it

Guys how do you mod the 360 for playing isos?
I tried getting into it a few weeks ago, but all the forums I found were from 2009-2011 and had no useful info.

Sell the motherboard on eBay.

lmao

kek

I've penny tricked a couple of mine and they push through now but my current doesn't have a working Dick-Drive
I have one of the newer model 360's and want to see if I can salvage it's Drive

thats the thing. I can get a laptop on C-list and any hardware no more than 5 years old can easily work as an htpc, emulator, etc etc.

mfw have a working OG 60gb launch ps3 (modded). blue ray drive is broken but thats ok. u guys jelly?

I have an original 2005 release machine and it's been going for over a decade, how lucky did I get?

I think R-Jtag is the most up to date form of modding the 360? You can do it yourself but you need to but a flash kit, be comfortable with soldering and have the right desktop set up to be able to flash the disc drive. Its easier to just search for someone who can do it for you. It'll cost you like $50 or so. You can then just download whatever game you want for free.

Put retroarch on it

HD-DVD player

Not really since Sony pulled the folding@home thing
Though the ability to rip SACD's is still unique, but there's really few if no SACD's worth ripping nowadays