Upgrades

Getting upgrades, AMD 8350 & RX 460 or Intel I3-6100 & Gtx 1050?? 1080p gaming at most

Other urls found in this thread:

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1292188-REG/evga_04g_p4_6251_kr_geforce_gtx_1050_ti.html
amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i3656-8022RED-Desktop-Radeon/dp/B015XK1XN4
hardwareunboxed.com/rx-480-8gb-vs-gtx-1060-6gb-battle-of-the-mid-range-contenders/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>gaming

Intel and Nvidia, always.

>Intel and Nvidia, always.
Reasoning?

why not i3 + RX 460

Athlon x4 845 and rx 460

Sapphire 4gb 460 to be specific

Wait for the i3 7350k, and get the 1050ti. If you had more money I'd recommend getting the 470 or 480, but at your price point the 1050ti is probably the best you're going to do. If you want it to be a tiny bit more 'future resistant' the 460 might be a little bit better, but at the moment the 1050ti / 1050 makes easy work of the 460.

I must agree with >better, no hassle driver support
>better technology (PhysX, Cuda)
>it just werks

5770, it will last the longest
i recommend the one with the girl on it

thinking of upgrading my gt 430 for this, ive seen a few bad things about EVGA heating up too much though. Is that still the case with this card?
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1292188-REG/evga_04g_p4_6251_kr_geforce_gtx_1050_ti.html

i5 6600 and a rx480

Dont get the 1060

i3 and 1050 are better hands down. the 460 isn't anywhere near competing with the 1050, it struggles to outperform the 750ti.

i3 7350k and RX 470
The RX 470 is 20% faster than the GTX 1050ti and it costs the same. The 1050ti doesn't require a power connector but if you are spending $500+ on a pc, your power supply will probably have a extra 6 pin connector.

I3 6100
>much more efficient for more room for more power hungry cards
>socket won't become outdated in a few months

gtx 1050
go with the ti, you will want the extra two gb's of vram

Why not 1060, they were 180 bux this weekend. 144hz is a thing

Le ebin maymays, of course.

>Intel and AMD master race
Im not falling for Nvidias jew lies and gimping again

My dude you should get a used H81 mobo and i3-4170 on the low.
Pair that with an RX 470 and it's smooth sailing all the way to ultra settings 60 fps

Guys I bought some new RAM put it in, nothing ran properly and everything was all slow.

Put my old RAM back in and its still fucked.
Any protips on troubleshooting? Please help I am really sad about this

Old gt 730 owner here.
That problem is exclusively with 1070s 1080s and 2 models of 1060s.

Sorry to piggyback, OP, but I have a similar question.

I'm trying to decide whether or not I want an RX 480 8GB or a GTX 1060 6GB.

Some I've seen say the 480 is better, but the majority I've seen say the 1060 is better, at least for the most part. But both are fairly young cars, which makes me question how things are going to evolve as games start to use them better.

I've had my current card for 4+ years, so is the extra 2gb of VRAM from the 480 going to be more cost effective over a similar period of time?

And I guess an honorable mention for the R9 Fury, which seems to be competitive but with less VRAM.

card*

fuck

I am an AMD guy and I have an RX480 and love it. And I've actually heard that the RX480 is better than 1060, contrary to what you seem to have heard. Hm. At any rate, the 8GB of VRAM is nice but you have to decide whether it's something you'll use, or, if you just like more VRAM like I do. There are certain games where it can be useful and I do like to run multi monitor setups.

I'd go for the 480. I have the Sapphire 8GB OC version and I am now bottlenecking on my 60Hz 1080p monitor at pretty much any game I play. I have a new 1440 27" coming in the mail to actually put some load on the GPU.

For instance, playing MechWarrior Online at 1080p maxed settings, I'm getting 40-60fps and GPU load is only about 30-40% for that game, and not even pegged. Occasional.

Also consider active sync technology. I prefer freesync because of the open source nature of it and the lower cost to freesync monitors. I've never actually experienced it first hand and long-term, but my friend has a reference 480 and freesync capable monitor and he loves it.

I haven't heard many people actually buying the 1060, most people I know who are buying a 10 series NVidia GPU are either going with a 1070 or a 1080.

Also I didn't think R9 Fury was even in the same category, I thought that was a higher tier card than the 480, but I may be mistaken.

To be fair, either the 480 or 1060 would probably be a solid card for most stuff, just consider whether you want active sync technology (does it matter?) and which technology you prefer. Match the GPU to your monitor and what games you play, and you should have a winning combination.

>Some I've seen say the 480 is better
in some ways it is, the 480 has a better performance per dollar which makes it a better value deal. on top of that, the 4x 480 pulls ahead of the 1060 in dx12 titles(which we will see more in the future)
>but the majority I've seen say the 1060 is better
right off the bat, many people are just massive nvidia shills. Overall in performance with dx11 and before titles (which make up 99% of pc games), the 1060 does do better, BUT by only single digits in most cases and factor in the high price, the 1060 becomes a harder sell.
>which makes me question how things are going to evolve as games start to use them better.
don't put too much thought into how your card will handle games in the future, look at performance now and make your decision based off that because you will never be prepared for what comes next.
>so is the extra 2gb of VRAM from the 480 going to be more cost effective over a similar period of time?
right now, VERY few games will use more than 4gb's of vram at their highest settings and at this price point, chances are you won't be maxing current games and future games out that much. The 8gbs is not overkill, it's just you might not even NEED it to get good settings for some time and by then, just sell it and buy another card.

I'm at a loss, guys.

My brother passed his Dell desktop he bought at me because it runs like shit. Here's a link to the desktop.
amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i3656-8022RED-Desktop-Radeon/dp/B015XK1XN4

It's a laptop chipset, and the processor is ALWAYS running at 100%. It's an AMD 8800p. It can't run OW or CSGO beyond 15-20 FPS, and it seems to be because of the processor. I'm not sure what to do to fix it or what to upgrade. Any help is appreciated.

Just to be clear, I'm shopping deals right now and the two cards are within 10 or so dollars of each other.

Also, my monitor sucks.

But I guess the cards are close enough for the difference to be negligible, essentially, and nobody knows what will happen in the future so it doesn't even matter in the first place?

Haha, great. Why is shopping always like this? At a certain point I spend more time worrying about things than I need to.

Any love for the fury? According to Newegg it's normally the more expensive of the three, but it's only 4gb and much larger so I kind of wrote it off. It's also older, so I don't expect its results to magically get better.

It sounds like you guys think the 480 is the better buy? Or should I just get whatever is cheapest? Any manufacturers I should stay away from? It's hard to tell what's a good card and what's not when everyone is complaining about sounds and non-programable LED lighting.

I should mention that I am referencing things like this:

Not just random heresay. So when I've seen some conflicting messages, but majority in favor of 1060, I'm talking about actual (supposedly) unbiased benchmarks.

I don't know a lot about laptop parts, hopefully someone with more experience on the matter can help, but I'll see if I can give you some helpful advice,
as for upgrading, you might be stuck, best you can do is to salvage what parts you can. hdd, disk drive, gpu, case, psu and fans can be salvaged. sell the old mobo cpu and ram for what you can and get replacement parts

replacement cpu mbo and ram would set you back at least $200

fuck I forgot the actual link lmao

hardwareunboxed.com/rx-480-8gb-vs-gtx-1060-6gb-battle-of-the-mid-range-contenders/

I have a r9 390 and a 1440p monitor. I play games generally at 60-96 fps, native resolution, no AA and various settings between medium and high.

I'd recommend a 480 simply because in all games I play with Vulkan or DX12, I get really good performance with almost max settings (including temporal AA)

i3 6100 and 470.

>Or should I just get whatever is cheapest?
whatever is fine, but don't let your eyes be pulled by the shiny LED's and light shows, these are budget cards and are all about performance for the money, treat it as such. if you can, try considering getting bigger heatsinks and more fans, 2 or 3 are perfect keep it quiet, keep it cool.

>Any manufacturers I should stay away from?
at the moment, EVGA, you might of heard of their vram overheating issue, it's being reported to affect their 1070's and 1080's, but as a consumer, play it safe and stay away from them for now.

unless samsung start making gpu's, that seems to be it for who too avoid.