I'm on Debian. I hate systemd

I'm on Debian. I hate systemd.

Is Devuan ready?

Other urls found in this thread:

suckless.org/sucks/systemd
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/09/23/end-of-linux/
eff.dragoncon.org/2015/07/06/systemd-the-end-of-linux-as-we-know-it/
infoworld.com/article/2608798/data-center/systemd--harbinger-of-the-linux-apocalypse.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you hate systemd?
Is it the same reason you are too dumb to know how to uninstall systemd on debian?

Why are you asking?
Is it the same reason you are too dumb to know that you can't uninstall systemd on debian without rolling back all of your important packages to fucking wheezy versions? That's why Devuan exists you actual retard.

Nice FUD. It still works fine you fucking retard. You weren't expecting to run a deprecated setup noone wants to support without understanding how to write init scripts yourself at some point though, surely? Running a barely maintained meme distro isn't going to be any better.

probably because Sup Forums told him to

(You)

Anybody else though? With a coherent message hopefully?

I'm pretty sure devuan got abandoned. If you want to avoid systemd, I find void linux is pretty nice. Imagine arch linux on runit.

step aside faggots
the future is here

The git still shows activity.

This is still a thing? I remember it being a fairly big deal at first.

It was made by meme masters.

Look at the readme on their FTP server. ":^)"

Yes, it's still a thing. Shitposting happens on #debianfork and actual conversation and support happens in #devuan.

It is very much alive, and maintained.

Not him, but I agree that changing to a shitty unmaintained distro just because of systemd doesn't sound like a good idea.
Systemd isn't even as bad as people say, it is bloated as fuck and unintuitive but it is fast and it werks.

Well my OP question was about whether or not it was shitty and unmaintained, because, yeah, if it's shitty and unmaintained, it's pretty retarded to switch.

I mean, I know it's not a dead project because the gitlab still has a bunch of activity, but I know little about whether or not it's reasonable to try to switch (i.e., if the forks for systemd dependent stuff are absolutely shitty buggy messes).

Ian Murdock killed himself because systemd

same

>Why do you hate systemd?
It doesn't solve any problems, it's harder to understand than previous init systems, and it keeps taking on responsibilities that other programs did fine.

Check the mailing list to see if they're active.
Check the version control system to see if they're active.
Try it out.
It's a fork of Debian. How unstable could it possibly be?

>It still works fine you fucking retard.
So did everything before it.
>You weren't expecting to run a deprecated setup noone wants to support without understanding how to write init scripts yourself at some point though, surely?
Yeah, he probably was expecting to run something that novices used for years without expert knowledge.

>Running a barely maintained meme distro isn't going to be any better.
The only meme is systemd.

Using it and it works just fine

archbang has a non system d version
i like it
couldn't install dropbox though

I think that systemd is a software equivalent within the Linux ecosystem to what Intel is doing on a hardware level with their Management Engine (i.e. creating a "master" system which controls everything else - on a recent Intel system it's the ME which really is in charge of everything, and the UEFI is only its puppet).

Yes. systemd's endgame is probably eventually taking authority over the kernel itself, just like Intel ME has taken full control over the mainboard's actual firmware.

Cruchbang was discontinued because systemd (its creator knew that to continue Crunchbang as a Debian derivative he would have to adopt systemd as well, just as all other Debian forks have).

II don't like systmd because I'm used to openrc

Lie

Just install Gentoo, problem solved.

>uninstall systemd on debian
Then I can't use Gnome dumbfuck

>shitty unmaintained distro
Ever distro is like this at some point
>it is bloated as fuck and unintuitive
Only reasons I need I switch

What is the lie? Because it's pretty obvious that Crunchbang would have to adopt systemd or undergo very heavy and fundamental changes otherwise (which its developer apparently wasn't up to either). Its successor projects, Crunchbang++ and BunsenLabs, both went the systemd route.

install solus

Yes it is. They made fucking GNOME work without systemdicks, they are the champions we need.

I unironically think you are right

They wouldn't have to have done shit, because crunchbang was barely a distinct distro anyway. When he announced he was wrapping it up the developer actually said crunchbang users might as well just use stock debian.

You can't use Gnome on Devuan either, you fuck. Gnome depends on systemd, it's not Debian's fault.

Do you actually have any reason to hate systemd?

suckless.org/sucks/systemd
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/09/23/end-of-linux/
eff.dragoncon.org/2015/07/06/systemd-the-end-of-linux-as-we-know-it/
infoworld.com/article/2608798/data-center/systemd--harbinger-of-the-linux-apocalypse.html

>hurr I can't really explain why I don't like systemd so here's a list of links that sort of explain why systemd is bad in general but non of them explain why any of that is actually annoying to me

So you are trying to dismiss all the reasons provided by the links based on what exactly? That there's a bunch of them? Read at least some of the information and it should dawn onto you what is wrong with systemd both conceptually, as well implementation-wise.