Signal Private Messenger

Are you guys absolutely sure Signal is the most secure messenger there is?

Sure. The desktop version is pretty nice as well.

yes. also the most autistic. And the slowest.

Not when you can print your messages and deliver them by hand.

Yes, you can also check messangers that use the ORT protocol or Wire, but it's a none messaging one.

iMessage has great encryption, remember when the FBI couldn't crack it?

Now, this is crazy, but have we considered not divulging sensitive information online?

everything happens online m8
even my weed dealer uses wickr now

>what is printer steganography

no, any F-Droid app is better

you're forced to use Gapps with Signal, so that's just being part of the botnet

I'm glad this program is taking off. Been using TextSecure since it's alpha stages and happy it's finally paying off.

No,Snowden got paided.

>uses google services to work
>goes through a propitiatory middle man server

What's wrong with PGP

What is MicroG?

A bot net

The most secure messenger is: hosting your own XMPP server and use Conversation with OMEMO encryption enabled on an Android phone without any closed source shit installed.

Useless shit that drain the battery for literally fucking no reason except moxie being a fucking cuck.

It is buggy

too complex for Sup Forums

This, I'm amazed it's still not the de facto answer around here.

No forward secrecy. Use XMPP+OTR or Matrix+Olm

Is Wire a good alternative?

I tried installing Wire on Debian testing but Wire couldn't recognize my webcam + microphone. Even though both work on Skype, Discord, Facebook messenger, Cheese application and Vocaroo.

i would set my money on riot/matrix, xmpp is not very ideal for asynchronuos messenging, matrix looks way more promising. also, you can set up your own matrixserver just as easy, running one now.

just remember, riot-chuck-ios-app does not come with encryption as for now..update should come soon tho

I'm using Wire with my friends and it works perfectly on Android, WWW, Arch and Windows.
The only issue was that once when I send messages on Android and Arch simultaneously, only one arrived to the group chat. Fully encrypted group video chats, desktop sharing, webms, gifs etc. is really great. I didn't used Signal but Wire is much better than Whatsapp.
I'm looking forward for Bot API they are going to release soon.

riot-ios is e2e as of yesterday.

You're autistic

Ideal setup is XMPP+OTR.

WhatsApp conversations are encrypted anyways. But you're losing privacy on metadata if that is a concern.

Signal is the next best and super convenient thing to XMPP+ OTR.

>WhatsApp conversations are encrypted anyways.
WhatsApp is proprietary, no one really knows if it's secure or not.

Isn't that Tox?

>for profit startup
>ToS reserves right to use your communications
>Skype founder

Have fun getting your info sold to the highest bidder

Maybe?
No plans for federation + Ban on custom clients make all the crypto meaningless anyway.
I would rather rely on IRC + Blowfish than something that requires an "official" client with google blobs on it (and sends your contact list to them, and requires a phone number).

>ToS reserves right to use your communications
>personal data or the content of your conversations is never sold or rented to anyone
>Have fun getting your info sold to the highest bidder
What info? Even if they wanted to break law and sell the email I used in registration, it's not going to profit for company unless you are Facebook or something.

>requires your phone number

L M A O
M
A
O