/MBP/ - MacBook Pro General

IRC: #/mbp/ on irc.rizon.net

Other high spec, sleek and beautiful laptops running OSX are also welcome in /mbp
----
If you're looking for purchase advice, man up and just buy it, the specs and build are rock solid you won’t be disappoint Then post, stating budget (can you afford it? yes | no). No need worry about requirements, the MBP will handle them all.

Don't buy anything OTHER THAN 2015 with retina, and 2016 MBP if you want the real MBP experience

Recommended models:
2015 MBP with Retina - 13", normal size
2016 - 13", with touch bar
----
Why ThinkPad? (also applies to other business laptops)
>Beautiful new machine, no cum and grease on the keyboard.
>Excellent keyboards and touchpad - tactile feel and quiet.
>Great durability: chassis uses a aluminium for structural integrity, and beautiful design
>Perfect design, caters for all use cases.
>Battery life that will last you a full day, no lugging around power bricks
>Docking stations that easily turns your laptop into a desktop. four 4k monitors running off one connection
>Easy to repair, upgrade and maintain thanks to readily apple service agreement and warranty
> No manuals required - full UNIX OS at your disposal
>The best touchpad. Great for those who type a lot or love swiping their fingers all over a touchpad.
>Excellent Windows, GNU/Linux & *BSD support.
----

xsauc buyers guide:
www.apple.com

Helpful links and resources (Wiki, lookup tools and wallpapers):
www.apple.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs
support.apple.com/en-us/HT201624
youtube.com/watch?v=eY1fxHO0krU
youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup
youtu.be/1DGU9lV6H4I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off iToddler fucking piece of shit retard.

Pipe down Kevin.
youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs

Preordered a 15" Touch Bar yesterday with the 460 and the 3,9ghz i7. Will arrive beginning of January. Not a big gamer but how do you guys think the following games will run on it: Fallout 4, Mass Effect series, Bioshock series, Assassin's Creed series, Witcher series, Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Batman, Far Cry series, FIFA 17, GTA 5

I think since 2014 I haven't played a lot of computer games but I wanted to get into it again but I don't want to build a gaming computer or buy a ps4 or some other console.

Will those games run decently in 720p?

>buys a $4500 computer to barely play games at 720p
Jesus christ, macfaggots are dumb as shit.

Why do you need to insult? I use that Macbook mostly for Video and photo work. I'm just curious if it can handle those games. If not I will just buy a Playstation 4. Which I can do, since I'm not a NEET with not disposable income at all.

All mactards should be rounded up and gassed tbhfam.

All of those games will run fine.

>t. mactoddler

Then who would you pretend to be when you post on Sup Forums?

Anyone knows good compatible external videocards for mid 2013 macpro? I play mostly dota and shit like tf2 and OW (that recently runs much much better) but there are some things like DS3 and DeusEX that I no way would run with good fps.

Witcher is really fucking heavy duty, esp if you want a good 60 fps.

Back to manbabby mactoddler.

Please don't take this wrong, its not a insult or a bait, I'm being serious. I just want be happy and I don't care anymore how. If that means buying a mac then fine that's what I'll do but what medication/self-medication do you take to just not care anymore and be happy?

What about old Macs? I've had this thing since 2006.

That's a good effort.
My Macbook is still going strong, although I might replace the battery soon. Capacity is down to 30%.
I'm trying to use this until 2019.

>being so butthurt that you animate this shit
>inb4 merely pretending to animate it

Is the touchpad magic done in the OS or is there some hardware component to it as well?
Never gonna spend the ludicrous sums of money apple wants for a macbook, but I do like the gestures and shit, so I'm looking into hackintosh.

Yeah, my battery is totally dead. I just use this one at my desk now.

The touchpad magic is done with both hardware and software. "It's pretty cool" - Steve Jobs

Thanks guys. I looked it up on Steam and since 2013 I haven't bought any PC games at all. The last PC I bought was Metro Last Light and since that I've only played FIFA and Gta so nothing really interesting. Wanted to try out the Mass Effect series, Bioshock, Fallout and Witcher mostly. If it's not happening no problem but would really be a nice extra.

Just about to retire my 2008 unibody MBP for a new touch bar one.

Here's to another 8 years.

I do have macbook prices on dankpads.com based by processor. :P

Had a few Late 2009 and Mid 2010 Macbooks
A lot of them were in ugly shape but had good batteries. Tossed a 250GB HDD and 4GB RAM, and sold em for $90 to $110 w/o AC adapters

Had a few local sales of decent 09 & 10 models for $130 and $150 w/ AC.
Had a very good condition 2010 model, tossed a 128GB SSD and the fucker sold for $230 via ebay.

anybody have experience using the function keys on the touch bar?

i use them all the time because i use vim, and i would like to avoid reassigning everything to a emacs level of retardation

No, you are literally cucked by apple. Your only option is to buy a late 2015 retina for the ultimate typing/keyboard experience.

>IRC: #/mbp/ on irc.rizon.net
does not exist

I'm still using a base early 2011 Macbook Pro.
Battery is like 80% i think, i think i'm holding to it until 2019 or 2020 tops, it used to be my main editing machine because of FCPX but whenever i switch to 4K it won't hold up any longer.

Is buying a non Retina 13 inch from 2012 a bad idea? I could easily upgrade ram and put an ssd in it.

Not if you get a good price. You could easily be using it to 2022 and beyond.

I don't think so, Tim

Vintage and obsolete products

support.apple.com/en-us/HT201624

>FAGGOT THREAD

hahaa

ok?

>MacBook

You know Apple doesn't activate a killswitch on machines it deems obsolete right? You know they're still functional right?

No, he doesn't know that.

>money = FPS

Why do you peasants never know your place?

>all this butthurt
fuck off back to your ganoo generals poorfags

Hey guys check out my video please Applel is so shit company don't buy a macbook pro 2016 with touchbar.

youtube.com/watch?v=eY1fxHO0krU

shut the fuck up filthy curry

fuck u bastard indians run USA silicone valley

Good luck running Sierra on a 2009 MacBook, familia

wtf is this cringe

You know Apple activates a killswitch on machines it deems obsolete right? You know they're non-functional right?

>Apple litttterrally makes things obsolete with their updates NINE YEARS later which I just MUST install on my 9 year old machine

This is reaching.

7 years* fuck me I'm having delicious dinner.

>Why ThinkPad? (also applies to other business laptops)
kek

>capitalism

What happens if your Touchbar breaks? There is no Power Button so how do you start the Mac?

You are correct, at least about their Macs.

There's a big difference between Mac OS and iOS, and that is firmware signing. You can't downgrade an iOS device without powerful exploits. A Mac is different. You can just torrent a stock OS X dmg image and create a bootable flash drive in disk utility. Then restart the Mac and you can install that OS X version, no questions asked. If Apple drops support, you can still patch the stock OS X dmg, then grab some kexts and tools from the hackintosh community to get the latest version. You also have the choice of Windows, GNU/Linux, BSD, Android x86, or any OS that runs on x86 and has drivers for your hardware. Shit on Apple mobile devices all you like, they're shit, but Apple laptops/desktops are great.

You take it to Louis Rossmann so he can laugh at you

youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup

build a gaming rig. Don't suffer through the shitty laptop gaming or console life. Just build a goddam pc.

it turns on automatically when you open it.

My Macbook has frozen up many times and I have to press the Power Button a lot for it to restart. How would that work with the new model?

>frozen up many times
What are you doing wrong?

Just remove the battery. :^)

The GTX 10 series doesn't have this problem.

What's the best online shop to buy refurbished ones in EU?

>"It's pretty cool" - Steve Jobs
he died long before this nonsense. The man liked nonsense, but probably he would have gone and skinned the stupid ass backward faggots that came with this "novelty"

Can I just say that the 2015 macbook pro was the perfect exterior design? Look:
>16:10 aspect ratio
>High as fuck ppi
>Trackpad as smooth the ass of a fine Brazilian woman with amazing tracking
>Thin but not ridiculous
>PORTS
>Solid aluminium construction
>Minimal branding (yes, the apple logo was there, but on the inside, it was bare, no Asus or Dell or even Macbook Pro on the bottom bezel.)
I mean, all I could ask for is thunderbolt 3, another usb port, and make the audio jack combo. Thrown in a standard keyboard and remove that glowing apple and you have a dream machine right there.

>800mhz

That's the Macbook Air you retard

2016 (with 16gb ram upgrade) vs 2015 (with 256 ssd upgrade) 13inch base model macbook pro, they are around the same price. Which one is better?

How fucking dumb are you people? Are you all literally blind? People here talking shite about things they don't even understand as usual.

Try the 2015 with the 16gb of ram. You can always upgade the storage later. On the 2016 model, both are soldered.

>t. mactoddler

>800mhz

Just give us your fingerprints mate.

It's not like we're gay and supporting Hillary or something, right?
It's not like we're making fun of our users, right? $150 from you for our fuckups, LOL
It's not like they got all the fingerprints of everybody in germany before being jewish was made illegal, right?
It's not like I have to hide my fingerprint when I have nothing to hide, right?

>inb4 it's totally safe, secure enclave, nigger enclave is safe bruh
>nigguh u not in da enclave bruh, u don't know nothing about the enclave, eh? People here talking shite about enclaves they don't even understand as usual.

You can install Windows 10 on 2009 laptop without any problems, and there is a chance you won't even have to install any drivers manually since Windows will fetch any non-included drivers from Windows update.
You can install a kernel 4.8 (from 2016) based Linux distro on a 2009 laptop. If you don't have a Broadcom wifi, it will install without any problems.
Now, Apple only had one job. They had much lesser range of hardware to support. There is no reason whatsoever not to drop support for 2009 Nehalem-era hardware.
And Apple fanboys think this is acceptable.

but it is literally glass not like before just a button. so let's say I drop my iPhone on the Touch Bar and it cracks the glass on the Touch ID. What then? Literally will destroy the whole thing

*there is no reason whatsoever to drop*
typo

What's the third she's doing there?

it is a button what are you on about

They will run at 3 fps. Return that shit immediately.
youtu.be/1DGU9lV6H4I

Been working with Macs as a graphic designer. Now that I'm freelancing, it's so hard to design shit on a Windows. Shortcuts are all over the place on Windows

The same

If I buy a rMBP but wipe OSX and install Gentoo, would that still make me a faggot?

>If I buy a rMBP
Faggot.

>buy a 4k machine to play 720p crap
Just buy a fucking PC.

Not using Mac OS on a Mac is the height of retardation.

It is an actual button that presses down, not connected to the touchbar.

Mactoddler detected

>yo dawg I herd u liek apple so we put apple into your apple

Using a Mac is the height of retardation.

What the fuck are you talking about you clueless retard? In what manner do you have to 'drop' this machine to crack the Touch ID? Do you know what a button is? You know there's a physical clicking mechanism under the glass right? Jesus Christ, where do you people come from? This is the dumbest tech discussion site I've ever seen.

Do you have autism?

I want to have everything, so yes.

These are the same type of people that make console war threads on Sup Forums.

I hope your RAM starts producing errors.

>t. mactoddler

>Mid-2012 13-inch MBP with 8GB of RAM, Intel Core i7, 750GB HDD with Boot Camp MacOS Sierra and Windows 10.
Been going strong for 4 years. Though the Mac side has been neglected ever since the Windows side was added.

Don't you have more videos to dub, Pajeet?

Would a 2015 13 inch mbp be good for web dev and some photoshop use while lying in bed / slouched on the sofa wrapped in a blanky?

It's getting cold and I want to be maximum comfy. Obviously 13 inches isnt ideal but is it a deal breaker? I also have a gaming rig with two 24 inch screens so the laptops main qualities would be its portability and the mac os. Seems 15 inch would be a waste.

isn't that the fingerprint reader?

pulls double duty as finger print reader and power button.

It will be much more than enough. You could probably do that just fine on a plastic MacBook.

Don't you have more dicks to take up your ass macfag?

>mac

Yes... its also a button. Does a technology board not know what a fucking button is?

Where do technology illiterate appletoddler morons get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

makes sense, not having a power button you can press and doesn't depend on the os or extra software was really stupid.
People with the touchbar model will soon realize the whole thing is just a gimmick that is useful 1 out of 100 times you are doing stuff. I thought it was cool to keep an eye on background tasks like a download, or a copy dialog or for example a progress bar with extra options on some process.

>Does a technology board not know what a fucking button is?
just got here and I asked because I thought that was actually the power button too. Don't be a cocky faggot and remember not every fingerprint reader on a laptop doubles as a button too. Not that it would be difficult to pull out it's pretty much the same as a home button on an iphone/ipad.