/sqt/ stupid questions thread

Old Post your small, simple or large and complex questions here and be judged by your fellow autistic peers.

Other urls found in this thread:

wudt.codeplex.com/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137046&cm_re=MSI_GTX_1070_Quicksilver_OC-_-14-137-046-_-Product
pcpartpicker.com/user/ACuteLoli/saved/jjPnQ7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I once had a Razer Deathadder 2013 that I RMA'd in the summer of 2015. They no longer made the Deathadder 2013, so I was shipped a Deathadder Chroma. Can I RMA this Deathadder Chroma? Or is it no longer covered under any kind of warranty?

reposting my question from old thread:
where did you buy it? did the chroma come with a warranty? id contact the place you bought it from and ask

is there a windows 7 equivalent of outlook express?

Doing CS Ireland, my choice for elective is either security or data science. I'm leaning more towards data science but still on the fence any Sup Forumsents got experience?

what's the best free program for installing pirated downloaded disc games?

Daemontools

I bought the 2013 from Best Buy. It stopped working so I just contacted Razer and they offered to replace it. I just don't know whether the Chroma is under the 2013's warranty, if it's got its own warranty, or if it just doesn't come with one.

Career wise; such as job security, pay and opportunities.

ISO? Wincdemu.

If i have stored a CPU for one year in my desk what are the odds something happened to it?

fuck off
imgburn for least bloated disc burner, winCDemu for iso mounting without needing physical cds

check the back of it. if it has pins, see if they're bent. if it has little plates, see if they're dirty.
otherwise it should be fine. best way to find out is pop it in a rig.

Its still inside its box, never took it out.

then unless you chucked it at a wall or your desk was flooded recently, it should be absolutely fine

>lga1150 (to be released 2009)
jesus christ that is one old chart

Great, i hope the same for the RAM.

Which is better? Ubuntu MATE or Mint Cinnamon?

yep, hardware doesn't go off like fruit or somethin so no worries

Where and how do I edit my xinitrc? I just set up arch and I'm trying to install and configure i3.

How the fuck do I move just the OS to my new SSD?

Every tutorial I find out there just clones the entire hdd; I just want the OS.

Fresh install and copy over user files

Install it on the SSD; then change boot in the bios to SSD, all your files will still be there.

>Copy over user files

So you mean do a fresh install on my SSD and then copy the user files from my SSD to the HDD?

Please talk to me like I'm retarded.

I don't have the OS on a disk; I ordered it directly through the windows store.

Do I just redownload the OS to the SSD? Windows 10 is suppose to be keyless, I assume it will just work.

Are there any legit Facebook photo viewing hack things, or are they all survey scams?
Uhh... Asking for a friend of course.

>I'm retarded.
Fresh install and copy over user files

It's probably not under warranty terms, but they may replace it for you.

I'll tell you what I do when needed; if you tell me why you need it.

Thank you, Sup Forums man.

Bro, I hope you're not a school teacher.

So windows 10 install on the SSD, and then copy User files from the HDD to the SSD? That will allow me access to the files on the HDD without installing them on the SSD?

The infograph?
I'll dump a few more tech related; not like we're going to reach the image limit.

No, thank you for your amazing FB hacking services. 100% legitimate and trustworthy.

>being this butthurt over the Internet

kek

I have an old thinkpad t41, what can i do with it? i have debian installed cuz i cant install Ubuntu mate cuz the old processor.

Ha, its not like that, I use social engineering. If you're asking questions here you're not going to hack the Gibson.
I asked why you needed it because it would help me help you.
For example if I want to see someones posts that I'm not friends with I create a bullspit profile for some 'cause' ("Save the trees,Save the bees,Save the whales & Save those snails). Then add people from the targets friends list( not the target; assume they smart enough not to add people with no mutual friends). While adding everyone else is no damage as them declining isn't a loss. You get me now. I'm not going to get you to install dolphins.exe :^)

I'm just joking around, my dude. I'm not butthurt, and this guy seems like a nice fellow. I even posted a cute puppy!
That's pretty clever. I honestly don't need anything done, i'm just curious about those programs. Most of those normie hack searches end in surveys and scams.

Got a larger SSD. How do I move over my OS and files from the small SSD?

Do I have to do a clean install or can I migrate that shit somehow/

>being this mentally retarded

Logitech G502 mouse for £40 brand new.

Should I jump on it or get something else? I've got a G500 I'm looking at replacing

No problem man, I wouldn't know about those programs but wouldn't trust it. Is creeping on people really worth the likely chance of getting your whole computer encrypted with Odin.

And don't mind Doesn't even know how to green text. :^)

Seconding this. I don't understand. How do I install my W10 to a new SSD in the first place?

I'm assuming from the information (or lack thereof) from gave is that we should just do a fresh install from a flash drive, set the SSD to the main boot drive, and then drag the user files from the HDD.

I'm installing the OS on my SSD right now; I'll let you know if I fuck it up.

Thanks. Lemme know step by step too if you do anything differently.

I don't even know if I still have my old flash drive around...

just installed w10 on a pc that isnt exactly the fastest thing on earth. is there a guide to get rid of any unnecessary shit from hogging mem and processing speed up?

The key is tied to your motherboard, just download an image, install it to the SSD, boot it and it should reactivate on its own without a problem. Then obviously just copy all your files and such from the HDD and format it

Sweet, that's what I gathered but wasn't too sure.

Thanks user

Windows 7 Home Premium or if you really want W10, get Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.

No problem user, if it won't reactivate contact Microsoft and tell them you've had a drive change as the last one failed then they'll reactivate it. Same goes when you change your motherboard

Using clover. Some reason it's not letting me add more boards.

>add boards
>add boards e.g lit
>tries ck
>board with code ck doesn't exist
>¿¿¿???
>tries lit like example
>board with code lit doesn't exist
>???

An image?

Use the download tool from Microsoft to get an ISO (Image) to put on a USB or DVD to install

This?
wudt.codeplex.com/

so I'm taking this, which is W10. installing it on my new SSD, then how am I moving my old ssd stuff over?

You're on the right track but you need the W10 one if you want to install W10, just google Windows 10 Download Tool or Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and it's at the top.

For transferring your old stuff, if you have a spare external HDD big enough, copy all of your stuff over and format your old one, if not. Keep it connected to the system as normal but make the new SSD the boot drive, install Windows and then it will mount the old SSD as a seperate drive so you can transfer your stuff

I follow you up until the "then it will mount the old ssd as a separate drive so you can transfer your stuff".

Maybe it's because I'm tired, maybe cause I'm dumb, maybe both, but I don't know what that means.

Once you're booted, it should already be listed as the D or E drive

but how do I move my stuff over to the new install? I imagine I'll have to redo all my settings? Get rid of corona or whatever the fuck that dumb bitch's name is, redo my display settings and all that?

Someone recommended I use Macrium? Can I clone it and move it over? Is that easier?

is 4chanx broken? the thread watcher doesn't update automatically & when I reopen threads it doesn't jump to the last read post
I'm using firefox 52.0a2 (2016-11-22) (64-bit)

heyas! what are these SSD's i've seen that look like they plug into a PCIe slot? are they better than normal SSD's floating around?

My computer has a strange issue. The computer will run fine until everything locks up. However it's not normal freezing. I can move my mouse around and I can even close/work programs. However I can't open any new ones and eventually the program that do work freeze until finally I can't use explorer.exe and have to restart. Could this be a hardware issue or is my windows 7 corrupted or something?

PCIe SSDs are a thing
PCI is much faster than SATA so you can get better performance, but for most people SATA SSDs are so fast they wouldn't notice a difference between them.

How do you guys think the website Comlex.com was made?

so windows 10 doesnt have driver support for the amd apu that i currently have. where do i go from here?

what happens if you kill explorer.exe? (a new one should start automatically, might go back to normal)

why do women make a big deal over public breast feeding?

I don't give a shit about it

The only time I was bothered by it was when I went to the store and this homeless(?) mexican lady was breast feeding her infant in front of the fucking door, sitting on the sidewalk next to it.

When there was a bench 10 feet away from her

I'm building a new PC, so I have two questions,

1:
>can I just backup Windows to my new hard-drive, then use it in my new PC without issues?

2:
>Should I buy regular cat6 or spend nearly twice as much for cat7/shielded cat6? Is shielding actually important in a place like an apartment complex?

clone the harddrive, shileding isn't important (don't buy an expensive one)

What is a good tiling window manager for windows?

Nothing happens. I kill explorer and I'm just stuck there. Mouse can move around but I can't open task manager

>why do women make a big deal over public breast feeding?

Did you just realize that women like to complain as a way to get attention?

Just smile & nod and treat women like children and you'll be much happier.

Sup Sup Forums, /biz/ here.

How do you guys think a website like Complex.com was made. As in, did they just use someone elses template or?

Please explain

I forgot my mega password and I don't recall ever having any recovery key WHAT DO???

keep guessing
if you can't get in nothing can be done to recover it without the recovery key

I already answered your question over there. Didn't like the response because it's too much work?

You NEED to know MVC. Model. View. Controller. Very simple programming. The same 5-10 for loops and html elements, and a shitload of sql queries.

You can't "web developer"-faggot your way out of this one by downloading a wordpress template and 10,001 plugins. Exactly why I left this field because most business owners even know that too many shits call themselves "web devs" by fucking up wordpress by using 8 year old plugins that they "NEED"

does nvidia 10XX series drivers work with ubuntu yet?

Definitely will do

god bless user

Apparently my newly bought mouse isn't compatible with Windows 10

I didn't know this was a thing? I just picked a cheap mouse and thought it wouldn't be a problem. I mean it's just a simple usb corded mouse.

I have arch on dual boot and it works fine there, didn't even have to do anything. On Windows 10 it just turns on the lights

Is there a way around this or do I have to go return it? I fucking hate Windows

what's a good image organizer/viewer

Hey guys,

I have a class that requires a database presentation. Anyway, I have done an internship as an apprentice DBA, and relational databases kind of now bore me to death, and I thought, what better time than now to learn about NoSQL?

Anyway, I was looking at making a NoSQL database, but I havent a fucking clue where to start.

Anyone ever just make a nosql database just to make one? if so, what did you do? I cant seem to find shit for project ideas on google, so yall might know more.

Probably just going to use MongoDB or CouchDB becaue of the amount of documentation online for these two.

>shameless double post into this and DPT
>pic not related.

Is there anyway to make the lock screen wallpaper span both monitors like the desktop wallpaper on cinnamon linuxmint?

When I hold the backspace key causes each letter to be deleted one.at.a.time. It's very slow compared to normal behavior. This wasn't an issue yesterday, it just suddenly started happening. At the same time, if I hold down or up to scroll it is very slow and choppy, as if I'm slowly hitting the key again and again instead of just holding it down.

I'm running Windows 10. I didn't mess with any keyboard settings at all recently. Any idea what the issue could be?

Plugging my gpu into my power supply. One of the cables has 2 6+2 connectors on it. Can I use that to make the connection with one cable? Will it have enough power doing this with one cord?

As in I have 3 pcie cords from my power supply. 2 have 1 connection of 6+2 on the end and the third has two. Also the end that plugs into the power supply differs. Of the ones that have a single connection they have 6 slot with connections and 2 empty. The one with two connections has 7 slots with connectors in them and 1 empty.

My gpu have 8 and 6 connectors side by side btw.

Thanks, just bought the regular cat6. I'm planning to do a fresh reinstall of Windows onto the SSD instead of cloning the whole thing over, since I'm buying an SSD for the OS and HDD for the rest. Will there be any licensing problems with just reinstalling and reactivating with my Windows account? The current version of Windows I have came with my laptop.

Also, I already tried removing the driver and letting Windows re-install it, but the problem persists.

Cat6 probably isnt important as cat5 can get near gigabit on its own but whatever.

Shielded cat 6 has a metal sleave build in that needs to be connected to a shielded jack on the other end. It needs to be grounded and is really only needed if you are running cable next to power lines. I ran it under ground parallel to power lines last year outside at the place I work and that shielding saves it from the magnetic field of the other cable.

Sound like you dont have that issue.

Also for cloning your harddrive you can learn to use dd and be careful you dont screw it up and wipe your drive.

Or I have one of those hot swap external drive bays. They are a plastic box that sits on the desk and plugs in through usb. it has two slots on the tops for 5.25 or 3.5 or whatever drives. I can put two drives in there hit the button and the first drive will clone over the second.

Anybody else is looking so much at the msdn programming reference while programming on Windows or the linux man pages while programming C or C++ on Linux?

What's the best 1070 card? Thinking about EVGA SC or their FTW edition. Which, by the way, is actually less expensive than the SC edition rn on Amazon. Worth?

I'm also looking at a nice deal in one of MSI's cards that I found on Newegg: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137046&cm_re=MSI_GTX_1070_Quicksilver_OC-_-14-137-046-_-Product

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Oh, here's my current build as well: pcpartpicker.com/user/ACuteLoli/saved/jjPnQ7

I got a MSI one impulsively at best buy for $410. Works great but it has three fans instead of the two. Not sure if heat is a concern for either.

can someone please answer this?

I know I'm taking an SQL class online next year already. Should I take another database class or a linux class with it?

I should just try it worse thing that could happen is not enough power at which point I switch to two cables.

I have a free HDD I can move stuff over to first, but is there any way to keep my W10 settings? I don't want to have to get rid of Cortana and all that shit again but I'm guessing I don't have a choice?

halp

You can clone a drive onto a new one but if you have changed the mother board windows will shit itself in my experience so you need a new install.

Basically if you are just switching hard drives its ok but if the motherboard changed itll probably fail.

Also my motherboard has an 8 slot cpu power connector and a 4 slot next to it.

I have to use both of the 4+4 cpu cables to make that happen right?

Same computer, just new SSD.

Can I just create a clone copy of my current SSD unto the new one? If so, do I need to format the new SSD?

Sup /biz/ bro. Just download this thing called "wordpress" mang, it's sooo cool. Install plugins'n shit. Word. The best plugin is "Emm Vee Cee". *smokes weed everyday*

anyway you still need to learn MVC. I have to laugh at you a little more because you are just like an internet friend I have, he took a 4 year degree in "web development", thinks HTML is programming, that sort of thing. also he does this same shit, installs wordpress and quite literally 85 plugins sometimes, and I get regular calls from him in panic shitting mode after it updates itself and explodes. He wonders why he can't get a job above minimum wage. anyway, I'll fuck off. (learn MVC faggot)

You can clone SSDs, make sure your cloning program supports trim. I like clonezilla.

You can change motherboards if you do a sysprep beforehand, and inject the AHCI driver via a windows cd. It is a pain in the ass but I've done it before for a retard driving a server into the ground. You can also set the chipset to IDE mode before you do this, then install the new AHCI driver in windows.

No cloning is deeper then format the format goes with it.

You can use a linux live cd to boot a computer and copy between the two with the dd command. Be careful though dd has the nick name disk destroyer. Because if you type the drives in the wrong order youll copy the blank drive onto the full one. If thats sort of beyond you there is probably windows software but idk how you would do it since the drive you want to copy is your windows drive and it has to be running to use the software.

But yes you want to clone the drive it should work if you get a method going.