So I started to get interested in learning programming languages, I don't know shit about any of them

So I started to get interested in learning programming languages, I don't know shit about any of them.

What language should I start learning?

Other urls found in this thread:

udacity.com/course/intro-to-computer-science--cs101
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Haskell

Take this free course and start with Python: udacity.com/course/intro-to-computer-science--cs101 it's the best intro to programming course I have seen and it's challenging enough that you will learn tons of stuff (you can also peak at the answer when you get stuck, which you also learn from)

Python is fun, easy to learn and even a retard can learn how to make something useful with it. And you can get a good job if you know it.

After the you can pretty much program anything you want. You only need to learn how to do it effectively and organized.

You could learn Haskell if you are a masochist. It is a great language, but you will find it to be a complete pain unless you have a proper tutor. There is only ONE university I know of that let beginners touch Haskell and they are going to stop doing that and change to something else.

Just start with codeacademy or something, sure ita a bit much handhelding but ypu get atleast a bit of the grounds by doing it.

try scheme, seriously

You can start with Python with SoloLearn, either on the web (which means under Windows, GNU/Linux or macOS) or their apps on Android (idk if they made them available for iOS). Best programming course I have ever found.

Perl

Here a few neat books ; little schemer, land of lisp, sicp these books are really neat for beginners

C

You're going to have to learn C eventually, might as well get it over with.

Any popular strongly typed imperative language. Any other language is just nonsense (for a beginner).

>learn c: the meme language

No on uses C. Learning C is like learning how to ride on horseback to pass your drivers test.

start with scratch then go to fortran then python in that order

As soon as youve learned to read and write some code, start doing challenges.

Its pretty fun

OCaml. If you do it do it right

>most popular language in the world is c
>NO ONE USES C

it's hard when you are deep in the autism spectrum to understand what makes c so important.
almost every piece of software on gnu/linux is written in c.

it's not hard to write C pajeet

#include

int main () {
printf("Hello world");
}

>No one uses C.

I work at a software company. All of our back-end code is in C.

All of Linux is developed in C.

N=2, but where's your evidence?

B-But..

Surely understanding functional programming concepts will be utterly useless when comes the time to learn OOP.

fucking moron

VBA & R

Forget all these meme answers from NEET, if you want to go big learn Javascript then learn Node.js. You'll get a job and have fun doing all the projects you want :^)

Everyone is shit posting.

I say (and this is my humble opinion) start with java. It is easy to get started with, you learn all of the core concepts of object oriented programming, and it is similar to most languages like C#.

Python might be good also if you are strugling with java. Python is almost like writing pseudo code.

except C is the foundations to nearly everything from most operating systems, kernals, compilers, interpreters, game engines,

Learn C.

This is literally the memeiest and worst answer you could give.