Have they finally just given up?

have they finally just given up?

Other urls found in this thread:

steveblank.com/2016/10/24/why-tim-cook-is-steve-ballmer-and-why-he-still-has-his-job-at-apple/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They are moving away from the mainstream. They are going to milk thier users to death for as long as they can before they try and innovate again. They have done this before and while in the short term it works in the long term it's not great for business.

They should. Steve might have been an asshole with an ego the size of Russia, but he saw shit that other people didnt. Tim "i love dongles so everybody must love them too" Cook has no idea at all what to do.

No, they'll put up a struggle and kick the whole way down. In the end they'll be another Blackberry. Normies are livid over the headphone jack and dongle thing. A family member of mine who is a macfag had a bitch fit over "slide to unlock" missing in iOS 10. It's a shame really. I'm posting this from a 10 year old Mac. Apple used to be so good.

It just proves how horrible most CEOs are, or at least how little they care about quality. Steve Jobs wasn't this amazing visionary people make him out to be he had some good ideas and Apple implemented them well but that's it. People like Carly Fiorina, Steve Ballmer, Marissa Mayer, etc are so bad that they make otherwise decent people look like genius visionaries.

Yep, it's all downhill for them and has been for the past year.

steveblank.com/2016/10/24/why-tim-cook-is-steve-ballmer-and-why-he-still-has-his-job-at-apple/

this desu

everyone's trying too damn hard to be innovative like Jobs, but without truly understanding why he innovated to begin with

it certainly wasn't through forced obsolescence and total irreparability, that's for sure

>the steve wouldn't do this meme
You dumbasses are seriously delusional. Axing widely used ports and standards is nothing new for Apple and Steve did it too.

>Cook has no idea at all what to do.

Pretty much. When Jobs stepped down, Cook split the role of CEO amongst 3-4 different people.

>it certainly wasn't through forced obsolescence and total irreparability, that's for sure
You fucking serious? The guy who decided to drop PPC970 support a mere 18 months after release? The guy who refused to support USB for half a decade?

Steve axed stuff when people stopped using them, like the floppys or the discs. Not stuff that people are using massively day-to-day like normal USB ports

>Steve axed stuff when people stopped using them
You are seriously retarded if you think that. Or 10 years old.

Who should have became CEO instead?

Michael Dell should take over Apple to piss off applefags

Kinda, and if it keeps up the company will follow suite.

Apple was built on image and getting across to people a sense of genuinity that they wanted to improve the world of computing. If they lose that they'll tank, the amount of people that actually give a crap about the quality of Apple products is staggeringly disproportionate.

I feel like Tim Cuck is going to kill Apple in the next half a decade even the normies in my life are sick of their shit.

>Apple only true innovation in the last two years

>Steve axed stuff when people stopped using them
If you think floppy disks were dead in 1999 you're seriously retarded. Likewise with his decision to kill DB-25 SCSI in favor of firewire, that shit was fucking /everywhere/ in the Mac ecosystem.

Not that guy, but he knew what the future was, and how much better it would be - he was paving the way for it, and for its' widespread market adoption.

Where is Cook leading us?

>firewire
>the future
yes firewire was clearly the future. Look at all those devices using firewire.

itt rich white kids who think macs have a good market share

apple is a phone company at this point, and they are gonna lose that fight just like they lost the PC fight eventually

I want world to move to usb-c, it's good that macfags will pay for it.

Why do we need to move to usb c? We should just skip it and move directly to Apple's wireless future. This'll be the incandescent to led transition again, fucking cfls.

If you were doing media production up to a few years ago, Firewire was a necessity to get video off your camera, USB2.0 could not handle the data stream off a DV camera. I understand it's also used much in Audio production, but that's not my area of knowledge.

If you're a normie who only watches Taiwanese cartoons, USB was good enough.

In order to give up, you first have to actually try.

What a colossal faggot.

They should bring back the System line of OSs for power users.

Once OS X came around, things got pitifully bad.

>The most innovative company this year
>Given up

>Moving away from the mainstream.

Here is a little experiment you can do if you ever make it to a public location. Look at the crowds of people who have their phones visible. Okay, now count the amount of them that have some form of an Iphone. Great, next up, count the number of Android based phones you see being used. Lastly, take not of however many Windows phones you see. Now, this does not always ring true, but more often than not, if you do the math, you will find that the public tends to carry Iphones, on average, far more than Windows phones, and even Android phones.

This rings even more true if you find yourself in the middle of a crowded city, bus, plane, or college campus.

Do not even get me started on how many Macbooks I see students use in class, or random schmucks use at Cafes.

So, in response to your statement; Apple does not currently appear to be moving away from the mainstream. Even if they were, it is apparently not working, as the average guy or gal will go for an Iphone or Mac, over all else, seven times out of ten.

Apple was never good.

But that's not true and Samshit alone has been outselling them regularly until they made the a exploding phone.

You are talking about anecdotal info at best and i'm talking about raw sales numbers.

Shit they're putting out to this day has been in R&D for a decade.

everyone's trying too damn hard to be innovative like Jobs, but without truly understanding why he innovated to begin with

So much this.

And there's been yet another negative cultural shift. This "jobism" has lead every run-of-the-mill manager to make bold wreckless choices without forethought and be even less conscious of their impact on others.

>But that's not true and Samshit alone has been outselling them regularly
But most Samsung, as of any Android phone, is not usually a personal choice. It may be among geeks and their group but mainstream people only have Samsung phones if they can't afford an iPhone or are given one by an employer or a parent.
PS - Samsung loses money on most of its phones. It's only the really expensive Samsung phones that are profitable.