Name one (1) reason you don't know C yet

Name one (1) reason you don't know C yet

it better be good

laziness

On the first try too

Literally no point when C++ exists

I do know C so kill yourself, loser.

My memory is fucked from a failed suicide attempt, I couldn't learn anything that isn't simple if I tried. I would have to relearn everyday

"C++ is a horrible language," he wrote, for starters. "It's made more horrible by the fact that a lot of substandard programmers use it, to the point where it's much much easier to generate total and utter crap with it."

I'm trying to become a Pajeet.

I have to decide on a project to do in it.

>Ubuntu
>Java
>Floppy fucking Disk
I bet your skin is already turning brown.

Why would I voluntarily subject myself to such a shifty unsafe language?

what makes it shifty and unsafe?

lol, pathetic nigger

Because im currently learning it.

I started learning C because of a class and it's actually the first language I think I'm really starting to enjoy. Are there a lot of jobs that want you to program in C? or am I gonna have to succumb to a front end web dev or java job?

Should I just do one of those YouTube courses? The pedophile's one seems good.

Can you marathon your favorite shows nonstop over and over?

i did. but using c? we dont do that in harlem

This.

wavy

For what it's worth for me it's just not a good language. You need to explicitly go out of your way to declare certain things and repeat yourself. In my case it's mostly just arbitrary, there's no good reason I should half to figure out whether I need a float or a long or an int and then change the rest of the program accordingly.

Also, there's no good C framework for web development. Maybe one day.

Because I'm learning Fortran 77 first

nigger it takes a second of thought to determine if you need a float, int, etc .. stop being a lazy twat

I read this.
Now what?

When do I start becoming a respectable programmer?

outdated meme book

read this

I can't grow a proper neckbeard.

I can't into memory management.

what's on the floppy

I'm interested in this too

Because Pascal is superior.

No. Get the C programming language book by one of the best programmers of all time, Dennis Ritchie.

I know C partially (not an expert by any means, but enough to program in it)

I absolutely hate it

Know python and fortran. Good enough for the things i have to do.

because golang

>I know C though...

because ruby on rails, node.js and javascript exist as much better, more modern alternatives.

P A J E E T
A
J
E
E
T

i can install and edit gta v mods and use rage plugin hook

joyent is hiring

I do know C.

I just have trouble figuring out why the hell I'd ever want to actually use it.

It only made sense when I was doing low-level audio programming.

Good luck with your lifelong unemployment, faggot.

This is not even wrong.

submit a useful tool to or become a major contributor to an operating system/ operating system component. Kernel will get you far

You can do embedded shit

I'm an assembly programmer why would I even learn how to use C ?

Good luck implementing firmware, drivers, kernels, and embedded software in what you have listed.

C can be looked at as "high-level assembly". You can insert inline assembly too if you feel that you'll optimize something better than a modern C compiler would.

Shhhhh. Don't give them any crazy ideas.

That's way too geeky for most people. In the real world we'll get that right. KEKd again loser

C++ combines the worst of C and the worst of Java

INDIA
WILL
BE
SUPERPOWER
IN

>we're coming for you pig skins

But I do, user.

Why would I ever use C in 2016? I can do anything C can do in less time with prettier code in Python.

and how the fuck are you going to accomplish that? The only thing India can do is replicate the United States. Woop de fucking do. Globalization is what you're enjoying now, you have no innovation. Develop some new technology and then we'll talk about India being a world superpower.

You have shit living conditions, I think that you should first think 'india will be FIRST WORLD 2020' where homeless women aren't cutting up their children to improve their chances at panhandling.

>doesn't even know python

>why use C
>prettier code
this is mega bait.

For newfags reading this, you use C only when you've optimized every part of the system you're working on but still need more performance. Often, this happens with rendering algorithms in game development

im too stupid. also severely dyslexic.

at least i can survive in the wild if i need to so its not all bad.

I do low level programing for a reason.
I'd rather stay low with microcontrolers and CISC processors if the program is local.

Besides mixing programing languages to run certain parts of the program at a lower level seems like alot of over engineering for simple stuff.

free max b

fuck you, you know nothing about India. We are the greatest people on earth.

We will be on the moon in 2020. You watch.

designated shitting moon

I actually write C for a living. Where did everything go so right?

at least we designate you white devil

I use Firefox.

>using sjware
>using any software that Brendan Eich's fucked brain has """contributed""" to

Tbqh if I had the chance to go back in time and kill anyone, I'd go back to kill Eich before he had the ""brilliant ideas"" that lead him to make the design decisions for a language so fucking terrible that we can't stop using it.

Fuck firefox and fuck javascript.

It's shit. You have to compile it and it's not even functional or OOP.

>passing a pointer around is too complicated for babby

when are universities gonna realize teaching java as a first language makes students dumber?