Laptops General

In this thread we laugh at those who fell for the laptop meme

The desktop is dying and nothing you say can stop it.
It's being replaced by laptops, tablets, and smartphones and nothing you do will prevent this.
The age of the desktop is starting to end.
Deal with it.

^

fuck off toshiba

I bought a lenovo yoga 510 i7 instead of upgrading my macbook pro, ditched windows and am running linux on it and its great. my mbp still works perfectly for work stuff. Feels great.

I also have two desktops but I barely use them.

>this is what retards actually believe

i fell for many memes.
i have a laptop desktop 1u server shitty 2bay arm nas tablet smartphone pda.

actually i'd love to own some device on which i could only type/read texts and view pdfs. as long as it's battery lasts longer than one or two days.

I have more too

lol nice

>What is a kindle

>POSReady 2009 user
kek

never thought of that
can i connect a keyboard and mouse to it?

nice blog m8

Rec laptops for CAD and 3d rendering pls?

Something below $750

Laptops are excellent for those who value convenience over performance

Say hello to my gaming "rig".

I fell for the HP meme, should have gotten a Dell XPS.

I 100% approove of that left one running Linux Mint and Window Maker. Real comfy.

Fpbp

I bought a Surface 3, it's amazing.

Im laughing from behind my T430

>dying
Its been 'dying' for two decades now. How much longer till it 'dies'?

Really thought my only option is a laptop because I travel a lot. What the fuck should I do?? I have no idea what to buy either but no one wants to give some decent advice on a laptop.

Macbook Pro with Touchbar

And they are bad for people who detest batteries.

I'm considering getting a laptop to replace my shit-tier netbook.
Should I get a Thinkpad, or something else?
Would be helpful if the laptop you're recommending is also available in Russia new/used.

I do not like laptops. So I definitely didn't fall for the meme. If I absolutely had no choice but to get a laptop, I would go with an MSI Apache. Whichever the top tier one is in that hypothetical time

>i3
>i5

Bought a laptop but have taken it out only 3-4 times in about a year. It mostly sits on the desk with external monitor, and external keyboard and mouse. I don't even use the screen on laptop anymore, which is touch screen btw(even close the lid after hitting power button). basically I'm using my laptop as a desktop.

Laptops are inherently better per square inch.

I want to do some web dev lying down on my sofa/in bed. Would a 13 inch laptop be ok for that or will it just be too small?

I honestly love my Yoga 2 Pro, picked it up in 2014 and it's still up to snuff. Runs Linux perfectly, design's on point, and feels good being able to reach up from typing to touch the screen without breaking your stride to reach for a mouse or trackpad.

Their new models are garbage, I picked up a Yoga 900 a few months ago and got rid of it quick, the keyboard was shit (the new chiclet style), and the processor refresh was not even worth comparing.

People gave it mixed reviews for 2 or 3 issues with the lenovo stock shit and color profile, all remedied by dual-booting Debian and Win10

the surface pro 4 seems really good. tell me something bad about it

It's not a thinkpad.

>lel-no-vo

Businesses and institutions still use desktops in their offices, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Some personnel who is more mobile might have traded the desktops for laptops, but they most likely did it about a decade ago already when laptops became affordable enough to be a viable alternative to a desktop. The more static workplace is still desktop-based as it doesn't make any sense to change this.